When can I purchase AP tickets?

Why the heck is aaa able to still sell annual passes. Anyone buy them after last Friday when Disney stopped sales and link them and make park reservations?

just called my friend who works for AAA in NEPA. she said no tickets. no AP's either and they have not been able to sell them.

Why the heck is aaa able to still sell annual passes. Anyone buy them after last Friday when Disney stopped sales and link them and make park reservations?
I did. I just bought 3 FL res platinum ones from AAA yesterday, linked them and made park reservations today. I was in the middle of figuring out which to buy the day they stopped sales so I was glad to find an option.

This. Is. Frustrating!!! Okay..originally had ressies for May. We had a child turn three this year. We have rebooked our vacation but unable to include the child for park reservations. She has no ticket and can not purchase one. This is not the info I received when inquiring about our AP extension. This isn't good. Not a happy DISER.
I just called this morning, for a second time. We have three APs and need a 4th for our recently turned 3 year old. The two CMs I spoke with (over 6 hours total hold time across two calls!) told me that there is no date currently set to allow ticket sales of ANY KIND for 2020 reservations. It's still set as "late summer" in their system.
Same situation, my DGD did not need one for our March trip which was cancelled, we had bought our AP's already, so now we are left wondering if she will be able to get resv for the same parks when we go in October. Hopefully they will have some kind of exception that covers this specific issue.

Last edited:
Am hoping someone can answer this question. I’m going to be making some DVC reservations for next May within the next week or so. Will it be possible to purchase the APs now for my wife and I so we can get park reservations, but not have the year start until we use them for the first time next May?

Am hoping someone can answer this question. I’m going to be making some DVC reservations for next May within the next week or so. Will it be possible to purchase the APs now for my wife and I so we can get park reservations, but not have the year start until we use them for the first time next May?

when you buy APs, they are vouchers. They activate for the year (countdown begins) once you enter a theme park

Just snagged an AP through AAA, fingers crossed it will actually work for 2020 park reservations!
let us know if it works! I don't want to go jump at buying the passes if I can't do our reservations, kinda scares me since they seem to be the only ones selling passes.

Thank you for all the information. We are in the same boat, we have hotel reservations and no tickets. Our AP's expired last year and we have not renewed. We are AAA members and we went to the local AAA location and they said they are not selling AP's. You guys that are getting AAA AP's, are you getting them online or in store? If online, do they give you the number to link to your MDE?

Thank you for all the information. We are in the same boat, we have hotel reservations and no tickets. Our AP's expired last year and we have not renewed. We are AAA members and we went to the local AAA location and they said they are not selling AP's. You guys that are getting AAA AP's, are you getting them online or in store? If online, do they give you the number to link to your MDE?

Yes they send a ticket number to link in MDE like other digital tickets.

https://www.memberdeals.com/acg/packages.php?sub=packages&action=view&id=2538
The trick is will Disney let you link them for 2020?

Last edited:
I would like to know the same thing. We have a link to buy them and it looks like you get a voucher. I'd love to hear from someone who this worked for.

They even have a note on the website about linking the pass(es) in order to make park reservations

Just went onto the AAA site and it did have AP tickets, seemed to be for this year because there was a different button for 2021 AP.

I will wait to see if "Lawndart" is successful with reservations...lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter