When can I purchase AP tickets?

I’m kind of surprised they aren’t already renewing existing passes. I would think they would allow that soonish.

Right. It would make sense to keep the AP membership at all that they'd allow renewals. By delaying it they're only increasing the amount of manual labor involved to override those deadlines in the system, or tacking on more work for a programing team on the back end.

.... unless Disney has re-thought the whole AP thing and is about to redefine what it means, allowing all current passes to expire. I can't imagine what they'd re-introduce it as though.

Right. It would make sense to keep the AP membership at all that they'd allow renewals. By delaying it they're only increasing the amount of manual labor involved to override those deadlines in the system, or tacking on more work for a programing team on the back end.

.... unless Disney has re-thought the whole AP thing and is about to redefine what it means, allowing all current passes to expire. I can't imagine what they'd re-introduce it as though.

I agree, I can’t imagine APs going away completely, and can’t really imagine what Disney would change that they couldn’t do on the fly anyways.

So, we're now well past the point at which anyone with an AP expiring back in April (extended 117 + 30) expired, which was by my calc somewhere around that Aug 12th deadline or just a bit before.

Has anyone with a currently expiring AP been able to renew it?
They are selling renewals. I bought ours a couple weeks ago. Went through Member Services and got the DVC discount on the renewal. Got Platinum passes that will start 10/3. So they are selling renewals. One of the perks of not cancelling the pass and opting for a refund.

So, we're now well past the point at which anyone with an AP expiring back in April (extended 117 + 30) expired, which was by my calc somewhere around that Aug 12th deadline or just a bit before.

Has anyone with a currently expiring AP been able to renew it?
My original expiration was April and with closure+ 30 is now 9/22. The option to renew is available in the app until that date

Do we have any info yet about existing water park annual passes?
I have some that just expired in August. There's no indication of when the water parks will reopen, so will we have a choice when they re-open to either have the March-August days added back to the passes or a prorated refund for that portion of the pass?

I was just told yesterday that new AP sales have been halted. Consequently, I cannot upgrade unless in a renewal window. We thought about going over NYE, but I guess we will do something else!

I was just told yesterday that new AP sales have been halted. Consequently, I cannot upgrade unless in a renewal window. We thought about going over NYE, but I guess we will do something else!
Yes, they have been halted since soon after the parks closure in March. Only renewals are being sold currently. No upgrades or new APs. Most likely until 2021.

If they don't bring back AP's we are out as a family. No way I'm paying park ticket prices for 2-3 trips a year. I'll sell my DVC which has been paid for since day 1 and cut the losses. I'm already choking that I had to pay for 11 day park passes for January with the assumption that the booked june trip would be under AP when we cover those park tickets over to AP's. But if not by the january trip if we even go we are out.

I'm kinda done with all this. The more and more we think about how things are now and prob going forward money spent on a house at a lake or beach front might be better served. We love disney but I'm not even looking forward to the january trip.

If they don't bring back AP's we are out as a family. No way I'm paying park ticket prices for 2-3 trips a year. I'll sell my DVC which has been paid for since day 1 and cut the losses. I'm already choking that I had to pay for 11 day park passes for January with the assumption that the booked june trip would be under AP when we cover those park tickets over to AP's. But if not by the january trip if we even go we are out.

I'm kinda done with all this. The more and more we think about how things are now and prob going forward money spent on a house at a lake or beach front might be better served. We love disney but I'm not even looking forward to the january trip.
APs will absolutely be back. They’re not going to never sell them again. They’re not selling them currently because of the reduced experience and the fact that they’re still shelling out the refunds. They wouldn’t be offering renewals if they were going to nix the entire practice.

APs will absolutely be back. They’re not going to never sell them again. They’re not selling them currently because of the reduced experience and the fact that they’re still shelling out the refunds. They wouldn’t be offering renewals if they were going to nix the entire practice.

What I don’t understand is that the supposed cutoff date for cancelling APs for a full refund was Aug 11 - yet they are still taking cancellations today

What I don’t understand is that the supposed cutoff date for cancelling APs for a full refund was Aug 11 - yet they are still taking cancellations today
Not so surprising...a lame attempt to make the blundered handling of APs a little more tolerable. And no, I don’t think the overall handling of refunds is meant to alienate AP holders...just mismanagement exacerbated by the uncertainty of the pandemic.

Anyone know if these newly purchased APs are active immediately (like a renewal) or only activated after they are used for park entry?

Anyone want to guess whether a better deal to buy now and hold (if eligible) vs buy later - I assume the former?

Anyone want to guess whether a better deal to buy now and hold (if eligible) vs buy later - I assume the former?
If you qualify and are able, I say buy now.
WDW has several big celebration years headed our way with all the anniversaries prices will bump significantly higher.

Last edited:
Has anyone that cancelled been able to buy a new AP? I tried but the wait was too long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter