When can I purchase AP tickets?

As an update, I was able to link the AAA AP to MDE for my DS, and then made all the needed park reservations for both of our planned 2020 trips.

So yes, if you can buy an AP online through AAA, it does link to MDE and it does allow for 2020 park reservations, or at least it did for me.

Edit: Yikes, I just checked the AAA website and it looks like they stopped the AP sales.
"It looks like this offer is not available as it has been requested that this offer be removed. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Last edited:
My friend was able to call DVC and they renewed his AP. I just bought two new tickets yesterday, but just ten day park tickets.

This is killing me. Why is Disney leaving guests with current 2020 stays out of the loop for buying APs or tickets? I have park reservations for my daughter and I as we had APs linked in the system already, but my son will be left at the gate if I can't at least get a ticket for him?

As an update, I was able to link the AAA AP to MDE for my DS, and then made all the needed park reservations for both of our planned 2020 trips.

So yes, if you can buy an AP online through AAA, it does link to MDE and it does allow for 2020 park reservations, or at least it did for me.

Edit: Yikes, I just checked the AAA website and it looks like they stopped the AP sales.
"It looks like this offer is not available as it has been requested that this offer be removed. We apologize for the inconvenience."
I know they’re watching us lol, too many people talking. It messes up our stuff for next summer anyway since I already bought a package with tickets given the current situation of being stuck without tickets and not wanting that to occur again. Guess I just have to hope they put regular tickets on sale for 2020 so the rest of my family can go on this Christmas trip (or maybe I go alone, who knows lol)

Guess I just have to hope they put regular tickets on sale for 2020 so the rest of my family can go on this Christmas trip (or maybe I go alone, who knows lol)
I feel the same way. I have a party of six with a 2 DVC bdrm in BWV in November & 4 tickets. CM said that I could give my AP& my husbands AP to my 20 something children since they haven’t been used . Then my husband & I hang in hotel.

I feel the same way. I have a party of six with a 2 DVC bdrm in BWV in November & 4 tickets. CM said that I could give my AP& my husbands AP to my 20 something children since they haven’t been used . Then my husband & I hang in hotel.
Well that’s no fun for you guys if you really wanted to go to the parks 😞. There is still so much availability for resort guests and regular ticket holders that I feel pretty good that they’ll open up ticket sales after a while. It’s not like tons of days for the rest of 2020 have no availability for park reservations, and we know people are buying new tickets and Disney keeps shutting down the outliers still selling tickets, so it’s not like all of a sudden a bunch of dates will just magically disappear.

Does anyone know if IN THE PAST if you buy (for example) a 9-day ticket for a trip and then want to change it to an AP, can you do that ahead of time or do you have to wait until you are actually in the parks?

Just curious.... for those who are able to purchase AP's, or for those renewing, are you given any kind of a price break or are you paying the previously advertised price? I'm hearing that so many people are renewing, and yet there isn't any park hopping, and you are limited to days you can secure park reservations. For those with Platinum Plus, the water parks are closed. You would think that Disney would be offering incentives for people to renew when the AP's are stripped of some of their benefits and features.

Does anyone know if IN THE PAST if you buy (for example) a 9-day ticket for a trip and then want to change it to an AP, can you do that ahead of time or do you have to wait until you are actually in the parks?
We were in park relations .

I am REALLY confused. My APs expired this 7/1. The extension out to about September, wouldn’t work for us since our next trip is booked for next Easter so I opted to be refunded the difference.

yesterday I went to Dvc site and was able to chat with a CM and wanted to buy new APs that would kick in when we will go next sprping.

theCM informed that APs we’re not currently being sold!

why?

This is exactly the kind of situation that could be avoided if Disney would let our AP's be paused, or frozen, until which time we want to reactivate them and start using them again for the remaining time left. For example, our AP's were activated mid-Dec, then the parks closed mid-March. That was approximately 3 months, meaning we should have 9 months remaining. We would like to be able to use the 9 months during a time that we feel ready to return to the parks. We shouldn't have to be canceling our AP's, or taking extensions that don't work for us. In your case, it sounds like you had about 3 1/2 months left (mid-March to July 1st). If there had been a pause/freeze option available, you could have saved your AP and used it on your Easter trip.

I really wish that Disney would understand the benefits in letting us pause/freeze our AP's. It's a win-win for most parties involved. No refunds for Disney. No unhappy AP holders who have to give up the AP's that they want to use later.

in the past, you had to wait til you got there. But now, they can do it over the phone.

I am REALLY confused. My APs expired this 7/1. The extension out to about September, wouldn’t work for us since our next trip is booked for next Easter so I opted to be refunded the difference.

yesterday I went to Dvc site and was able to chat with a CM and wanted to buy new APs that would kick in when we will go next sprping.

why?

Because they don't have the ability to make it specific for 2021.

why?

They are limiting attendance by stopping all sales

I wanted to do that, but you have to wait until in the park. My situation is that I wanted to upgrade my current tickets to a pass to use again in 365 days, but since they will not be doing upgrades according to a CM, I had to buy all new tickets for our next trip early next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter