Which actors can you not stand?

That would be fine if it is satire; he is quite hateful at times. Everone is game; he labels it comedy. Satire by definition is light hearted.
Satire -
noun
the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.
"the crude satire seems to be directed at the fashionable protest singers of the time"

I agree that they are entitled to their opinions. However, I have no interest in their opinions unless it is about the roles they are playing or projects they are involved with. If they are an expert in a particular field, such as those you listed, and they are discussing their specialty, then it would depend on whether I had an interest in that particular field as well. Those discussions would tend to be more factual than just an opinion. My opinion is no more or less important than the opinion of any celebrity, whether it’s politics, fashion, health, or any other subject. We are all equal when it comes to opinions. Facts are another story . . .

If we are all equal when it comes to opinions, then your real issue must be jealousy. Jealous that their opinions have a further reach than yours.

That would be fine if it is satire; he is quite hateful at times. Everone is game; he labels it comedy. Satire by definition is light hearted.

I have never known him to be hateful or mean in any way, and satire by definition is never said to be "light hearted" actually quite the contrary. This is from Wikipedia:
Laughter is not an essential component of satire;[9] in fact there are types of satire that are not meant to be "funny" at all. Conversely, not all humour, even on such topics as politics, religion or art is necessarily "satirical", even when it uses the satirical tools of irony, parody, and burlesque.
Even light-hearted satire has a serious "after-taste": the organizers of the Ig Nobel Prize describe this as "first make people laugh, and then make them think".[10]

The rules of satire are such that it must do more than make you laugh. No matter how amusing it is, it doesn't count unless you find yourself wincing a little even as you chuckle.[8]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satire

Last edited:

The difference is, I'm paying money to watch their movie, listen to them in concert, etc NOT to listen to their political views at that time. Yes they have a right to their views but not on my dime. If they go out in public not during a concert/gig and rant and rave (Kathy Griffin), I just don't buy their products (movies, concerts, gigs) any longer.
The good news is you don't have to listen to their view. You can turn it off or change the channel. What if it was your Doctor or your accountant would you feel that they didn't have a right to express their constitutional right to free speech. Again, you don't have to listen to any of it. All you have to do is stop thinking of them as some character on a screen and accept that they are human beings with opinions just like you have. Or is the problem that they don't have the SAME opinions that you have. Kathy Griffin does that for a living, you don't have to accept it, you just have to allow them to speak. I have seen nothing but right and left advertisements on TV for months now. Some positions I agree with, some I don't and I pay for my TV cable but unless I want to change the channel every few seconds I have to listen to it. Just like everyone else, they have a right to express it. You do not have to agree with it.

I remember years ago (the 80's) going to a Peter, Paul and Mary concert. At the time Peter was on a campaign about the Sandinistas or one of those South American conflicts. He rambled on for quite a few minutes until someone in the audience yelled out....PETER! SHUT UP AND SING! He did!

Since this seems political....I don't care one way or another what a celebs political view is. What gets me is their free use of the air waves to air them. I stopped watching the award shows and a few shows on TV for that reason.Their opinions mean nothing to me because I am a free thinker.
You may be a lot of things, but free thinker isn't one of them. I free thinker is willing to listen to all sides and then make their own decision as to the relevance of what was said. Not base irrelevance on one's occupation.

You may be a lot of things, but free thinker isn't one of them. I free thinker is willing to listen to all sides and then make their own decision as to the relevance of what was said. Not base irrelevance on one's occupation.
So I'm not a free thinker because I don't care what celebs political views are? Do they care what mine are? Do I get free air time too? I listen to all sides and have no problem discussing politics with anyone in a calm, thoughtful manner. I don't like the yelling, name calling, and foul language from either side. And a free thinker can turn off any show she/he chooses. FWIW...I don't watch soap operas either.:D

James Wood - Creepy
Kid Rock - If you can call him a celebrity
Gary Busey - strung out
Ozzie Ozbourne - strung out
Kathy Griffith- toxic

I don’t like Groot as an actor but not sure about him in real life standing in the forest or whatever he does. I think of one word-wood chipper.
HUh...no...the one word is Fargo..... wood chipper is two words🙈😉😉🌨🌨🌨🌨🎥🎥🎥🌽🌽

thanks to the best TV station in North America I have watched the movie with Groot....but my spanish s not very good....as you can see....I like symbol pictures.🙉🙉🙉🙉🥃🥃

So I'm not a free thinker because I don't care what celebs political views are? Do they care what mine are? Do I get free air time too? I listen to all sides and have no problem discussing politics with anyone in a calm, thoughtful manner. I don't like the yelling, name calling, and foul language from either side. And a free thinker can turn off any show she/he chooses. FWIW...I don't watch soap operas either.:D
It's not that you don't care, it's intentionally avoiding a show solely because you know there will be a particular political view you disagree with presented at some point during the show. Of course you don't have to watch but you admitted to not watching specifically for that reason. Not very free-thinkery. Plus, anyone unironically calling themselves a free thinker is probably the farthest from it, at least in my experience.

Easy answer is the people that rant about hearing political statements from celebrities happen to agree with her..so it's fine, she's ok.
Which is worse since her political statement went on for episodes, not like other actors who announce it over Twitter.

It's not that you don't care, it's intentionally avoiding a show solely because you know there will be a particular political view you disagree with presented at some point during the show. Of course you don't have to watch but you admitted to not watching specifically for that reason. Not very free-thinkery. Plus, anyone unironically calling themselves a free thinker is probably the farthest from it, at least in my experience.
I actually don't care. The shows became a "B" fest and I stopped watching. Don't care what they wear or how many awards they get or their opinion about anything. It was 3 hours of crazy...IMO. I also don't watch sitcoms, game shows, or day time talk shows. Nice that we still have the freedom to choose what we want to watch. Off to finish packing.....

Not exactly sure what the point is, but no matter how you look at it you are actively wanting to stop people from exercising their rights as citizen to speak out at what they see as wrong. I cannot see what difference it makes what their occupation is since you have the freedom to not listen or disagree. Just because you don't care, does not mean that others do not need to hear it and all you have to do is turn away. That is your right and probably the simplest solution.

Last edited:
Not exactly sure what the point is, but no matter how you look at it you are actively wanting to stop people from exercising their rights as citizen to speak out at what they see as wrong. I cannot see what difference it makes what their occupation is since you have the freedom to not listen or disagree. Just because you don't care, does not mean that others need to hear it and all you have to do is turn away. That is your right and probably the simplest solution.

Ok, last post on this subject. I'm not wanting people to do anything, We still have free speech in this country even if is a bit one sided...imho. Not stopping anyone from listening, watching, agreeing, or disagreeing. My choice is to not watch the awards show. You brought up occupation and this thread is about actors. I could give a list of those I dislike ( I don't hate anyone) but it would be a long one, some have been mentioned already. I will add 1, Jim Carey creeps me out...it's the face contortions.

Ok, last post on this subject. I'm not wanting people to do anything, We still have free speech in this country even if is a bit one sided...imho. Not stopping anyone from listening, watching, agreeing, or disagreeing. My choice is to not watch the awards show. You brought up occupation and this thread is about actors. I could give a list of those I dislike ( I don't hate anyone) but it would be a long one, some have been mentioned already. I will add 1, Jim Carey creeps me out...it's the face contortions.
I'm willing to stop the discussion as well, since it is just going around in circles anyway, but my point was that you felt and said that you don't get free air time. What do you call this place. It's a social site and you are not paying to be on it. You are expressing your opinion and you expect me to at least listen to it. (or read about it) I don't even know your occupation and don't need to because it doesn't matter. Mostly politicians get the free ride. Who do you think is paying for AF One to fly all over the place to give a political message. Do you get to do that? No, but those that do use it for their own agenda. If you were an entertainer and had that forum, wouldn't you use it and wouldn't you have that right? The answer is of course you would. You are correct you can not watch or not listen that is your right and the only control that you should have. We have become a nation of controllers. We feel that we must prevent others that disagree with us from expressing how they feel. When all you have to do is change channels, shut the device off or listen and, perhaps, add it to your bank of knowledge. That is all I'm saying. This went from a personality tests about celebrity's into a who has a right to use whatever platform that is available to them. And that is not our choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter