• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Which actors can you not stand?

I agree that everyone is entitled to have an opinion on any subject. However, just because someone has a career that allows them to speak to thousands of people doesn’t automatically make their opinion more valid than yours or mine, and it doesn’t turn their opinion into fact. I research things on my own, and form my own opinion based on that factually supported research. My opinion may or may not agree with prominent celebrities, because it’s mine. I agree that more people should be getting involved. They should be doing the research, and forming their own opinions instead of just blindly following the opinions of others. If a famous celebrity said they found the fountain of youth and all you had to do was drink arsenic three times a day, there would be people who would try it because they don’t take the time to find out arsenic is a poison. So I dislike celebrities who get on a soapbox and speak as if their opinions are facts, regardless of the subject, and mislead people who are too lazy to check things out. There are plenty of celebrities who manage to keep their opinions private, and I respect that.
Well, I will resort to the obvious reply. It is up to us as individuals to decide whom to believe or not. Not for one individual that feels that they don't have a valid opinion to think that they shouldn't be allowed to speak their opinion. EVERYONE in this country has a right to express their own opinion and EVERYONE also has a right to either agree with that opinion or not agree with it. Hopefully, at some point we will have the sense to know the difference between opinion and lies. Maybe then we can use our freedom and sense of right to guide us in our beliefs not just do what someone else tells us to do.

Well, I will resort to the obvious reply. It is up to us as individuals to decide whom to believe or not. Not for one individual that feels that they don't have a valid opinion to think that they shouldn't be allowed to speak their opinion. EVERYONE in this country has a right to express their own opinion and EVERYONE also has a right to either agree with that opinion or not agree with it. Hopefully, at some point we will have the sense to know the difference between opinion and lies. Maybe then we can use our freedom and sense of right to guide us in our beliefs not just do what someone else tells us to do.
The difference is, I'm paying money to watch their movie, listen to them in concert, etc NOT to listen to their political views at that time. Yes they have a right to their views but not on my dime. If they go out in public not during a concert/gig and rant and rave (Kathy Griffin), I just don't buy their products (movies, concerts, gigs) any longer.

I think the way actors speak about politics is more to keep out of trouble. Chris Pratt is getting flack for not going to a democrat fundraiser, one he wasn't invited to but still he is being called all names because he won't say who he is voting for which is his right to do

SBC is also in the new movie "The Trial of the Chicago 7." He's playing Abbie Hoffman, and does a really phenomenal job with it.

The broad and raunchy satire he's most famous for is not to everyone's taste, sure enough. Don't underestimate the man, though; he's very well educated and sharp as a tack.

I will admit that he was good in that and it's a good movie, I didn't even recognize him at first. I just got such a bad taste about him from the idiotic, foul Borat movies. They are produced and screenplay written by him, did you see the clip of the recent one with the woman with her legs spread open pantyless menstruating? I have to be explicit here. I can't even find the words. lol. What people do to make a buck, just have us to go the lowest places. What's next, have us watch a closeup of someone having a bm for humor? Yes it's that bad and why I don't like him. Hopefully he'll continue down the Gang of Seven road but probably makes more money on the Borat movies.

Last edited:

The difference is, I'm paying money to watch their movie, listen to them in concert, etc NOT to listen to their political views at that time. Yes they have a right to their views but not on my dime.

What movies are you watching where an actor breaks character and gives their opinion on a political topic?

I mean, I've seen this in concerts, but I know to expect that going in to a concert.

I often wonder how many people would be opposed to a celebrity expressing their political opinion when it happens to AGREE with theirs? My guess is those opposed happen to not agree with their particular view of things.
Since this seems political....I don't care one way or another what a celebs political view is. What gets me is their free use of the air waves to air them. I stopped watching the award shows and a few shows on TV for that reason.Their opinions mean nothing to me because I am a free thinker.

DH and I just watched Hocus Pocus, Bette Middler plays the perfect role as a witch….she should keep her political opinions to herself if she wants to keep her fans...just sayin….

Jack Black, I always think I don’t like him but then I like the movie I’m watching with him in it like The Holiday. I have to say he did a good job in this movie, JMHO. I know that doesn’t make sense but what can I say, he plays his parts well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter