Who on earth would stop in Bay Lake Tower?!

Sensational comments usually make me chuckle. Who knew that BLT studios were tantamount to a prison cell, that they were unbearable and unbelievable, and that they were a shocking waste of points? I've stayed at most of the resorts (lacking only Aulani and VB). As many others have noted, every DVC resort has its detractors and advocates.
- VWL (my home) is way too dark for some; others don't want that Lodge-y feeling.
- AKL is too far away "from the action."
- BWV has bland theming (same with BCV) and color scheme. . .and the Clown Pool!!
- SSR feels like a motel and is too spread out.
- VGF is pretentious, and the studios have no storage.
Etc., etc., etc. . .

I may not enjoy a particular DVC resort as much as I do another, but each has an upside.
- VWL has majestic architecture and is but a boat ride away from MK.
- AKL is gorgeous and boasts three of the better restaurants on property. Don't forget the animals!
- BWV (BCV) has exceptional proximity to Epcot and is decently close to DHS, not to mention the restaurants at the Swalphin.
- SSR's location close to DS makes it a winner since that area is now much nicer than before and constantly improving.
- VGF is very pretty, sits on the monorail, and might have a couple of decent places to eat.
Etc., etc., etc.

Regardless of my likes or dislikes, categorizing a DVC room (outside of major cleanliness or maintenance issues) as terrible seems a mite disproportionate to actuality.
Agreed. I have to say that I would be happy to stay in any of the dvc resorts. Some I enjoy more than others, but they are all beyond acceptable. Definitely better than a prison cell. The op was ridiculous.

I own BLT and we love it. We don't stay in the studios though, its either one bedroom or two bedroom depending on the group size. We are spoiled by having 2 bathrooms in the one bedroom and 3 in the two bedroom. Plus its location is great. We have gotten lucky the last few trips with our two bedroom trips. We were placed on the highest floor so we could just walk right into the top of the world lounge.

We own BLT and bought specifically because we love BLT and the studios. We are 2 adults and the room is delightful to us. Loved our TPV room but REALLY loved our first floor standard view overlooking the bocce court. We adore everything about BLT...especially the part where lots of folks don't like it. Keeps it nice a quiet. I find the place to be quintessentially Disney and very serene at the same time. There are resorts for every taste and budget. Now you know you don't like BLT so you can spend your points elsewhere.

Precisely this.

Sigh.

Seem to have this thread every year (Lol):

-Walking distance to MK;
-Monorail access to Epcot;
-TOTW Lounge;
-California Grill;
-Love it or not- final work of a world class architect (Gwathmey); and
-Though maybe not heavily “Disney”-themed- I would argue it is heavily “Walt Disney”-themed when you consider Walt’s original conceptualization of the “Florida Property”- and that can add a lot of enjoyment to fans of Walt in particular (like myself).

Ultimately though- different strokes for different folks, live and let live, etc. Though I am a BLT owner/fanatic first and foremost- I have found redeeming qualities in every DVC resort I have had the great pleasure of staying in. Glad to be a member!:earsboy:

There is one thing in the OP's post that shows what set the flavor of the entire stay: they paid theme park view points and got a fifth floor room.

Good point.

There are lots of whos on earth who stop there

And who actually stay there to get a proper feel for the place.

They moved us to kidani that is now a favorite resort.

Whereas that's my least favorite DVC property that I've stayed in so far. Service, hallways...just not good for me.

Now I have to add one more thing to my "must do" list in December...

Smell the BLT lobby! :rotfl2:

What the heck does it smell like? And it's only the lobby?

It's like walking down the laundry soap aisle of the grocery store for me (which is something I avoid at all costs b/c it triggers my asthma...I have a friend who must use a ton of detergent and 3 dryer sheets and it's hard for me to sit next to her). It's an eye-watering FAKE smell that I can't even describe.

We don't even go through the lobby all that often, since we generally use the skybridge to Contemporary and go on from there, but it just permeates. It takes me several washes to get the smell off my clothing when I get home.

-Though maybe not heavily “Disney”-themed- I would argue it is heavily “Walt Disney”-themed when you consider Walt’s original conceptualization of the “Florida Property”- and that can add a lot of enjoyment to fans of Walt in particular (like myself).

Ooh nice.

We really like BLT - including the studios. They are my #2 favorite DVC studio. When I read such harsh criticism as the OP had, I truly think, “Good. Less competition for that great resort!”

Im
They're bigger than New York studio apartments, for sure.

But really, when you question "who on earth," it's a little insulting. Lots of people love BLT. Has anyone ever said, "oh you're going to Disney AGAIN?" It's like that.

Disney has different hotels and units for different tastes. Many people love BLT and own there. People fight to book the Standard Studios year-round. There are lots of whos on earth who stop there.[/QUOTE

Please don’t feel compelled to reply. It’s called opinion.

One word...LOCATION. Although I agree with you, too small for us. We booked it and checked in, went to the room and immediately called memeber services and asked if there was ANYWHERE else they could move us to. They moved us to kidani that is now a favorite resort.
Great point.

I find the seriousness of other responses hilarious, some people need to chill

So being a DVC member we have stopped in most properties. This year we have come to WDW for a month (chose properties we haven’t stayed at before as we love GFV) and stayed at WLV (1 bed extremely nice), Polynesian Studio (nice room but customer service non existent and Grand ceremonial House constantly busy, Ohana causes chaos and ruined the atmosphere). We then moved to BLT for 11 nights in a studio. Now I don’t buy the whole ‘it’s just a room where you sleep’, The studio at BLT is shocking, yes I did my research and checked size etc, but this room is unbearable and unbelievable for 2 adults. It’s comparable to a prison cell, very drab and basic, and how a fifth floor room is apparently a theme park view is a joke. I just d Any thoughts?!

Just curious, where were you incarcerated ? I know prison placement is everything depending on which wing your assigned...

We really like BLT - including the studios. They are my #2 favorite DVC studio. When I read such harsh criticism as the OP had, I truly think, “Good. Less competition for that great resort!”
Agree. I think the same every time I hear someone say how FAR AWAY AKL is from everything. I think to myself- yes you keep thinking that and I will have no problem booking my favorite resort. I just don’t understand the way people get so defensive. Seems silly.

DVC resorts are all different for a reason - they know everyone has different taste. I did not know that studios MKV could be on the 5th floor - though that was all standard view now?

Just curious, where were you incarcerated ? I know prison placement is everything depending on which wing your assigned...

First world problems.... a terrible small studio wasting DVC points tantamount to a jail cell. While I agree the studio is tiny, not sure if it’s comparable to a jail cell.

I’ve never been to jail (I presume neither has the OP), but I hazard to guess many in jail would trade places in less than a heartbeat :)

BLT is our hands-down favorite. Hard to get anyone to agree to stay at the others. We never use the studio though. The bedroom units are expansive. Views are great. Location makes the whole trip. It literally changed the way we experience the parks. Fine with me if some people don't appreciate it's awesomeness because that should make it easier for us to keep booking i.t

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter