Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

The girls only trip in 2016 sounds fun. Who will you be going with? Daughters, sisters friends, cousins?

My Daughter and a Friend :) We all LOVE Disney World a Ton so it should be fun! I will be booking our room only till packages come out in about a week :yay:

My Daughter and a Friend :) We all LOVE Disney World a Ton so it should be fun! I will be booking our room only till packages come out in about a week :yay:

Today, I am trying to figure out a way I can justify a short Disney trip in March. I plan to go to South Carolina to pick up my mother who is a first time snow bird and bring her back to Illinois. So, of course I am thinking about how I could possibly start the trip with a short visit to WDW and then get my mother on the way back home. :cloud9:

My mother has no desire to go to WDW. She doesn't like crowds nor amusement parks, never has. She also has health problems so she is very limited in how far she can walk. So, that is why I would not pick her up and then go to WDW together.

It would take me over seven hours to go from WDW to her home in SC.
So, that would be an extra day for just driving. Ugg! And I would only get to be there overnight I expect. Since I would still need to drive to SC, visit with relatives living in the area, and then drive back with my mother (a two day car trip to Illinois).

Still, I am considering it, most people, including my family will think I am crazy :confused3but I know everyone on this thread totally understands my way of thinking! :banana:Tee Hee!

Haven't been on dis since just after our Aug 2013 trip. Came searching on dec 31st for the Jan contest link and have been reading trip reports since and stumbled upon this thread.
Our family has been to disney in March 2011 and August 2013. DH is a teacher so we're regulated to school holidays (real bummer--would love to go at a non-peak time).

I'm hoping our next Disney trip will be during the Christmas break. I really want to see the lights, decorations and the Candlelight processional. This New Years Eve we watched the live stream of the fireworks at MK. Afterwards DH said that he wanted to see that live one day---mission accomplished, I say!

My 'money is no object' resort would be a club level TPV suite at the Poly.

Anyone know if avatarland is going to be completed by 2017/2018? What about a star wars land--or is that just a rumour?

Hazel

Haven't been on dis since just after our Aug 2013 trip. Came searching on dec 31st for the Jan contest link and have been reading trip reports since and stumbled upon this thread. Our family has been to disney in March 2011 and August 2013. DH is a teacher so we're regulated to school holidays (real bummer--would love to go at a non-peak time). I'm hoping our next Disney trip will be during the Christmas break. I really want to see the lights, decorations and the Candlelight processional. This New Years Eve we watched the live stream of the fireworks at MK. Afterwards DH said that he wanted to see that live one day---mission accomplished, I say! My 'money is no object' resort would be a club level TPV suite at the Poly. Anyone know if avatarland is going to be completed by 2017/2018? What about a star wars land--or is that just a rumour? Hazel

Hi Hazel,

Nice to have you join us. I, too, am a teacher so I am limited in when I go too. A Christmas trip would be fun is you could avoid the crowds

I called reservations the other day thinking I might make a room only reservation for 2016 ;) and decided there is really no benefit in booking so far in advance and will only have to cancel original ressie when the packages come out, I will wait. She did mention to me that I have a PIN Code :sad2: I didn't even ask what is was since we cannot go this year. It figures though!!! I probably won't have one next year right?!? :headache:

Our 14 yo niece just got back from WDW over Christmas break. Now her whole family wants to take a trip! SIL (niece's mom) is getting married this April. She said her fiance said he'd like to go to WDW too. She told him she wanted to go with us since we've been a couple of times (going this June too) & we know "how to do everything there".

DH told her we couldn't go in 2016, but maybe in 2017. Crazy me, I immediately started trying to figure out lodging arrangements! If we all go, there will be 10 people---9 Disney adults & 1 Disney child. The 2 BR suites in the villas will only hold 9 adults, though I could figure out how to put three kids in a king bed & make it work. My other choice would be two AOA family suites & we could put a couple of their kids in the room with us.

We'd have to go in the summer since her kids are in a different school district & their fall & spring breaks are different than ours.

I love always having another WDW to plan! Looks like June 2017 it is...

The last time was in Feb 2014 and that was just because my son's high school marching band marched in the Magic Kingdom.

mdsouth! We were in the Feb 2014 thread...I really enjoyed your posts :)

Let's share what resort we would love to try if money wasn't an issue and then share where we are most likely to stay.

For me, I think my dream resort would be one of the monorail resorts, probably the Poly. My mom and I both always thought it would be a fun place to try out since it has the tropical theme. The Contemporary would be fun to try out too.

In the past, we have stayed at the moderates and enjoyed them. I like the peacefulness of them. We have got good deals in the past that allowed us to stay in a mod instead of a value. For each trip with my own kids, I have always started out by planning and even booking us in a value room and then when a deal came out I switched to the moderates since there wasn't a huge difference in price. In 2014, I had planned to stay at AoA in a standard room and then the deal came out that did not include the standard rooms at Little Mermaid, so I switched to PORFQ. I really liked the compact size and theme there.

We are actually planning to go in August 2016 and also in 2018 for birthday celebrations. I am not sure about the "when" in 2018 yet as we will see how we fare in August weather.

As for the no cost/dream resort...I would have to say I would love to stay in Cinderella's castle (I know it isnt a resort but it is a dream :) ). As for a resort, is it strange that I don't want to stay at the Poly? It could be because I have not been there? I wouldn't mind trying out the Contemporary. I just love the thought of having the monorail zip right through your resort. :drive:

I am getting ready to book Easter 2016 having already booked the cruise part. As we are DVC and we bank and borrow I always have the following trip planned out before I book the rooms so we have our 2016 and 2017 trips planned in my spreadsheet.

I called reservations the other day thinking I might make a room only reservation for 2016 ;) and decided there is really no benefit in booking so far in advance and will only have to cancel original ressie when the packages come out, I will wait. She did mention to me that I have a PIN Code :sad2: I didn't even ask what is was since we cannot go this year. It figures though!!! I probably won't have one next year right?!? :headache:

Geez, go figure! Not there when you need one but there when you don't!

Hi Hazel,

Nice to have you join us. I, too, am a teacher so I am limited in when I go too. A Christmas trip would be fun is you could avoid the crowds

Unfortunately, we'll likely be there between Christmas and New Years, so there will be no way to avoid the crowds! Will just have to adjust expectations!
I'm reading Christmas trip reports now and everyone still have a good time! Just seeing all the pictures of the decorations, lights and trees gets me excited!

I am getting ready to book Easter 2016 having already booked the cruise part. As we are DVC and we bank and borrow I always have the following trip planned out before I book the rooms so we have our 2016 and 2017 trips planned in my spreadsheet.

What kind of spreadsheet do you have? Budgeting? Schedule? I am always looking for ideas to make things easier.

I am obviously a Disney freak :) and even though I am not going to be able to afford to go back to my Happy Place until sometime in 2017 or 2018 that doesn't stop me from thinking about when to go, where we will stay, what extras we will budget for, etc.

So I figure there are probably other people out there like me so this is the thread for all of us that have the long wait till we can go back again.

You can come here and talk about all the ideas you have for your next trip to Disney.

Who's with me??!! :goodvibes

Looks like I will be going back this year, thanks to my parents wanting all of us to go back together before my niece heads off to college. So we are going back at the end of September. :banana:

So I will be probably be planning my next trip for 2018. :goodvibes

We will probably shoot for 2017. We went to DL in 2012, WDW in 2013, and we are going to WDW again in September 2015. Inlaws want to go in 2016 for a long trip, but I'm thinking 2017...the kids are still too young to stay up for the fireworks. My kids go to bed at 730pm, even on vacation. They just loose their minds if they stay up later.

August 2018 for us. We last went in August 2013 for 10 days and I hope to go for 10-12 days then. Plus the poky will be all fixed up by then....I hope!

We did go to Dtd for lunch twice last April and driving in/out we got to see that giant golf ball looming in the sky but that was it.

I was trying to get my dh to do a night this april at the beach club just so my kids could swim but he said no...ih well...

I can wait as I am slowly saving money doing rewards sites.

I'm glad I'm not the only one planning so far out in advance! I think we're going to shoot for the week after Thanksgiving in 2017. Though that could change depending on discounts! I have no problem taking the kids out of school if it saves me some money! We are hoping to get pregnant at the end of the year, so by the time we go again our kids will be 9, 7, 4 and 1. We just stayed at CBR this past Nov. and we stayed at CSR in Nov. 2012, I'd like to try POR next time. It will be the only time we'll all fit in one room! I have about $400 of gift cards left over from November that I'm going to open a Disney vacation savings with. Off to a great start!

My trip is coming up in a couple weeks and then I'll be right back plan here planning for the 2017 trip. I'm going to visit as many of the resorts as I can to see where would like to stay next time. I'm sure this trip will be very educational, knowing if we picked the right meal plan,hotel location, restaurants...

We go next week (hooray!), but are on an every other year schedule, so next trip will not be until 2017. At this point, planning to budget for 8 nights in mid-June. Will be a long two years, but in 2013 I felt like our current trip would never come, so I know we'll make it. ;)

We're going this November, so I'm mostly focused on this trip, but we're also planning a trip sometime in 2017 or 2018 with my entire family! Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother, mom, dad, brother and his wife (and they'll have a baby by then; they just found out they're pregnant! Squee!). We have a huge family, so there's gonna be LOTS of us! :)
I can't wait!!!

We're going this November, so I'm mostly focused on this trip, but we're also planning a trip sometime in 2017 or 2018 with my entire family! Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandmother, mom, dad, brother and his wife (and they'll have a baby by then; they just found out they're pregnant! Squee!). We have a huge family, so there's gonna be LOTS of us! :)
I can't wait!!!

Wow! That sounds like a Grand Gathering for sure! I think it would be so much fun to go with a large family group (Well, at least in theory and if you have time by yourself too!) Ha Ha.

So, are you going to be the one coordinating the trip? Will everyone be staying at the same resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter