Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

Wow! That sounds like a Grand Gathering for sure! I think it would be so much fun to go with a large family group (Well, at least in theory and if you have time by yourself too!) Ha Ha.

So, are you going to be the one coordinating the trip? Will everyone be staying at the same resort?

I'm very excited! My cousin and I will probably do a lot of the planning together, since she recently became a TA.
I doubt we'll all be at the same resort. I'm not sure my DH could handle that much time with my family. :rotfl2: We've been talking about maybe renting points to stay in a Grand Villa with my mom and dad, though! :)
I can't wait to have my huge family in a picture in front of Cinderella castle!!

I'm very excited! My cousin and I will probably do a lot of the planning together, since she recently became a TA.
I doubt we'll all be at the same resort. I'm not sure my DH could handle that much time with my family. :rotfl2: We've been talking about maybe renting points to stay in a Grand Villa with my mom and dad, though! :)
I can't wait to have my huge family in a picture in front of Cinderella castle!!

I would be super excited to plan such a trip! It will be nice though to have someone else helping, especially a family member who is a TA. It should be fun for both of you since she is a new TA and therefore might be a true partner in the planning with the two of you doing it together instead of a TA trying to take the planning over for you.

I just love the planning part so much, I would be disappointed if I used a TA and didn't get to play around with all the ADR's and now Fast Pass reservations. Speaking of ADR's, OHana's would be a great place to go with the entire family.

Staying at a Grand Villa would be a lot of fun! I can certainly understand your husband's need for some space.

Add me to the 2017/2018 list. This is actually the third time my tip has changed dates in the last few months. It started as a 2016 trip for a friend and I, then it turned into a solo trip in 2018, and now just today it changed to hopefully a mom and me trip in 2017. We'll be going in June I'm a recent graduate looking for a teaching job and I'm hoping to be employed by then leaving summers as the best time for me to go. My birthday is also at the end of June so we'll go to celebrate my birthday as well.

Our last trip was in 2013 we went as a family also for my birthday, we stayed at The Yacht Club and we loved it that's the only place we've stayed onsite. My dream resort is the contemporary. I've wanted to stay there since I first ate at Chef Mickey's when I was 6. If I was going solo I would probably stay at one of the values or POR. When we go in 2017 we'll probably stay Yacht Club again but if it really does end up as a mother/daughter trip POR and the Grand Flordian might be in contention.

I am already planning our 2017 trip. Our teen son developed anxiety issues the last time we went down (2012) and I am hoping he will be able to travel distances by then. Also we bought our first travel trailer last year so that will factor into our trip.

The plan I have is to drive down and stay at the campgrounds for four days. From there we will drive down and camp in the Florida Keys for another four nights. Then we will go back to Disney and stay at either POFQ or CS. Of course current offers then will dictate the actual plan.

Add me to the 2017/2018 list. This is actually the third time my tip has changed dates in the last few months. It started as a 2016 trip for a friend and I, then it turned into a solo trip in 2018, and now just today it changed to hopefully a mom and me trip in 2017. We'll be going in June I'm a recent graduate looking for a teaching job and I'm hoping to be employed by then leaving summers as the best time for me to go. My birthday is also at the end of June so we'll go to celebrate my birthday as well.

Our last trip was in 2013 we went as a family also for my birthday, we stayed at The Yacht Club and we loved it that's the only place we've stayed onsite. My dream resort is the contemporary. I've wanted to stay there since I first ate at Chef Mickey's when I was 6. If I was going solo I would probably stay at one of the values or POR. When we go in 2017 we'll probably stay Yacht Club again but if it really does end up as a mother/daughter trip POR and the Grand Flordian might be in contention.

A mother/daughter trip will be fun! On our last trip, the first part of the week was just my daughter and I and it was wonderful. We really took our time checking out Animal Kingdom (her favorite park) and spent a lot of time in Fantasyland in MK (my favorite part). My son and hubby joined us later in the week so it was a great trip! Mother/daughter and family time rolled into one! I am a teacher too, so I understand having to plan summer trips. My last trip was in Feb since my son's high school band was marching in the MK. So, I HAD to go then! I am still writing my trip report and welcome any new readers! The link is in my signature.

Otherwise, I have only been in the summer months and had to deal with the crowds and the HEAT! But at least I was at Disney!

I am already planning our 2017 trip. Our teen son developed anxiety issues the last time we went down (2012) and I am hoping he will be able to travel distances by then. Also we bought our first travel trailer last year so that will factor into our trip.

The plan I have is to drive down and stay at the campgrounds for four days. From there we will drive down and camp in the Florida Keys for another four nights. Then we will go back to Disney and stay at either POFQ or CS. Of course current offers then will dictate the actual plan.

A camping trip has always sounded fun to me! I think staying at Fort Wilderness would be great. I have actually checked out rental prices before for campers versus the cabins as I was dreaming and planning a possible vacation.

We're kind of an every other year family so I guess 2017 is looking like WDW for us. We've been staying at POR quite a bit lately so chances are that's where we'll be in 2017. Hopefully in Alligator Bayou. Time of year is TBD. We love November, pre-Thanksgiving but with the kids getting older it's hard to pull them from school so it might be Spring Break time again or maybe even summer. Who knows, I guess we have some time to work things out.

We're kind of an every other year family so I guess 2017 is looking like WDW for us. We've been staying at POR quite a bit lately so chances are that's where we'll be in 2017. Hopefully in Alligator Bayou. Time of year is TBD. We love November, pre-Thanksgiving but with the kids getting older it's hard to pull them from school so it might be Spring Break time again or maybe even summer. Who knows, I guess we have some time to work things out.

I hear pre-Thanksgiving is a great time to go with nice weather and low crowds. I would love to go then but just can't since I teach. We stayed at PORFQ on our last trip and visited POR. The scenery is beautiful at both resorts. The Magnolia Mansions remind me of Georgia where I visited often as a child. Alligator Bayou section is more rustic and reminds me of a a great vacation I experienced in a cabin in the woods. Great place to relax after a hectic day in the parks.

So after returning from our latest trip this weekend I now have some tentative ideas for what I want to do next time. We loved going in March and we loved Bay Lake Tower, so I'm thinking I want both of those things again. March 2017 seems so far away, though...

My family thinks I'm crazy, and they're probably right, but it seems I am not alone! I literally just started working on an Excel spreadsheet to figure out budgeting for January 2018. My oldest will be in college while my younger two will be 11 and 8, so that's going to mean really thinking about room sizes, dining plan, etc. If money were no object I'd just be all "oh hey how about a 2 bedroom villa? AKL? Savanna view? SURE!" but since we're thinking about a ten-day stay (and flying instead of driving like we did for the last family trip) we're...probably not doing that. But it's fun to think about!

A mother/daughter trip will be fun! On our last trip, the first part of the week was just my daughter and I and it was wonderful. We really took our time checking out Animal Kingdom (her favorite park) and spent a lot of time in Fantasyland in MK (my favorite part). My son and hubby joined us later in the week so it was a great trip! Mother/daughter and family time rolled into one! I am a teacher too, so I understand having to plan summer trips. My last trip was in Feb since my son's high school band was marching in the MK. So, I HAD to go then! I am still writing my trip report and welcome any new readers! The link is in my signature.

Otherwise, I have only been in the summer months and had to deal with the crowds and the HEAT! But at least I was at Disney!

We've invited my dad but he hasn't said if he was coming yet, not like he dosen't have time to decide. even if he does come I've requested the possibility of at least a mother/daughter dinner since we don't get to do those often. The crowds and heat are annoying when traveling in the summer but we're not "must do everything" kind of tourists particularly now that I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be going back at the most every 5 years. Our favorite thing to do is eat at Disney World and my favorite thing to do is meet characters and rides come second to everything. So we generally take it pretty easy when we go.

My family thinks I'm crazy, and they're probably right, but it seems I am not alone! I literally just started working on an Excel spreadsheet to figure out budgeting for January 2018. My oldest will be in college while my younger two will be 11 and 8, so that's going to mean really thinking about room sizes, dining plan, etc. If money were no object I'd just be all "oh hey how about a 2 bedroom villa? AKL? Savanna view? SURE!" but since we're thinking about a ten-day stay (and flying instead of driving like we did for the last family trip) we're...probably not doing that. But it's fun to think about!

I have the crazy urge to be planning my trip right now (notice the new ticker in my signature) but it's so hard to start doing anything this early! I might steal your idea and start working on a budget.

We are looking at Disneyland in mid September of 2016 and WDW in early December of 2017 for our 10th anniversary. I'm expecting baby #2 right now, so our 2016 trip will be just before baby turns 1.

Honestly, I'm more focused on the WDW trip. We usually go to Disneyland at least once a year, if not more, so not as much planning and research is necessary. We haven't been to WDW since 2009, so a LOT has changed.

Right now, I am working on the budget and trying to decide where we will stay. The plan is to rent points for an AKL savanna view studio, but I go back and forth on if that is the right fit for us. I'm also looking at POR in an Alligator Bayou preferred room. An extra bed is pretty appealing. But so is the Savanna. I'm another fake trip booker, and I figure that since free dining isn't usually offered in the early part of Dec (thank you Pop Warner) my only hope would be a room discount, which would make the two choices about the same price.

What will most likely happen, is when it gets close to booking time DH will finally show an interest and say we are staying at AKL. And by then, I will probably only care that I get 10 days at WDW!

If we're talking dream trip, I wouldn't know where to start. So many options! I would probably say a 2 BR MK view for the space and monorail. And the ability to watch fireworks from the room. And the in room laundry :rolleyes1. But I suppose I could be happy with just one bedroom!

Last edited:

I can relate! Budgeting is everything to making a trip work and being able to go every four years or so. It would be lots of fun to just plan a trip someday without having to think so much about a budget.

We've invited my dad but he hasn't said if he was coming yet, not like he dosen't have time to decide. even if he does come I've requested the possibility of at least a mother/daughter dinner since we don't get to do those often. The crowds and heat are annoying when traveling in the summer but we're not "must do everything" kind of tourists particularly now that I've come to terms with the fact that I'll be going back at the most every 5 years. Our favorite thing to do is eat at Disney World and my favorite thing to do is meet characters and rides come second to everything. So we generally take it pretty easy when we go.

I have the crazy urge to be planning my trip right now (notice the new ticker in my signature) but it's so hard to start doing anything this early! I might steal your idea and start working on a budget.

I think the dining is a huge draw for me too. It is definitely something I really think about and look forward to when I plan. I like to try new places each time but also have at least one or two meals at someplace we have already been that we enjoyed before.

I LOVE that you already have your ticker going even though the trip is over two years away! I will have to get me one too!

We are looking at Disneyland in mid September of 2016 and WDW in early December of 2017 for our 10th anniversary. I'm expecting baby #2 right now, so our 2016 trip will be just before baby turns 1.

Honestly, I'm more focused on the WDW trip. We usually go to Disneyland at least once a year, if not more, so not as much planning and research is necessary. We haven't been to WDW since 2009, so a LOT has changed.

Right now, I am working on the budget and trying to decide where we will stay. The plan is to rent points for an AKL savanna view studio, but I go back and forth on if that is the right fit for us. I'm also looking at POR in an Alligator Bayou preferred room. An extra bed is pretty appealing. But so is the Savanna. I'm another fake trip booker, and I figure that since free dining isn't usually offered in the early part of Dec (thank you Pop Warner) my only hope would be a room discount, which would make the two choices about the same price.

What will most likely happen, is when it gets close to booking time DH will finally show an interest and say we are staying at AKL. And by then, I will probably only care that I get 10 days at WDW!

If we're talking dream trip, I wouldn't know where to start. So many options! I would probably say a 2 BR MK view for the space and monorail. And the ability to watch fireworks from the room. And the in room laundry :rolleyes1. But I suppose I could be happy with just one bedroom!

When you go in 2017, being near MK would be ideal since you will have two little ones with you. And staying at a resort on the monorail would be convenient for strollers, etc.

Hello,
i will be going around Mar-2018 to WDW for the 2nd time.
We went 12/14 with my 6 year old & a 8 month old

Now when i go on 03/18, my end one would have turned 4.
I think that would be the perfect time for us to go back

Cheers,
GeethB

Hello,
i will be going around Mar-2018 to WDW for the 2nd time.
We went 12/14 with my 6 year old & a 8 month old

Now when i go on 03/18, my end one would have turned 4.
I think that would be the perfect time for us to go back

Cheers,
GeethB

Welcome to our group, GeethB.

Going back when your children will be ten and four should make for a fun trip. At those ages, they will really enjoy all the magic of the parks. You will feel like a kid again. Plan to ride their favorite rides over and over if possible. I suggest hitting the character meet and greet lines at the Epcot Character station in the early evening. The line to meet them will be gone or very low and the characters will be more relaxed and have more time to spend with each group.

Will you be staying onsite or off property?

Right now, I am just dreaming of my next trip. Ideally, I would go for seven days and the first half the trip would be just me and my kids or me and friend. Then I would finish the week with my husband joining us. That is how it worked on my last trip in 2014. It was great. I didn't start my trip report until almost a year after my return. I am still writing it now and am enjoying reliving the trip. Sometimes, it takes time to really reflect on what you liked and did not like on previous trips to hhelp you plan your future trip. That is, for those of us who do not get to go very often.

I am definitely planning of staying onsite. Right now, I expect I will return to a moderate resort. Those are the ones I stayed in the past and had great experiences with them. I just can't justify the extra cost to stay at a deluxe right now with my budget. Value would work but in the past, I have been able to take advantage of a discount which made staying at a moderate resort work for us.

I am leaning towards staying at Port Orleans French Quarter again since I really liked the smaller size of the resort. It was less walking to and from the bus stops and the food court. We typically eat most of our meals in the parks or at other resorts so being close to the food court isn't a necessity.

Joining along. I'm so glad I'm not the only one planning so far in advance. My husband thinks I'm crazy. But I'm a SAHM, so planning ahead is the only way we are going to get there. I've been dreaming about going to Disney since I was a little girl and now that I have my own children, I want to be able to experience it with them. To keep myself accountable, I've been emailing my mom once a month with my budgeting progress and all my ideas, but I think she's starting to get sick of it too since it's so far away. My dream would be to stay at the Poly or BLT, but since we're on a budget, I'm thinking AoA. My husband wants a resort that will give us separate sleeping areas for our family of 5. AoA fits that bill. It'll just take me a while to get over how bright and very Disney the resort is. And keep reminding myself that this trip is for the kids. We are hoping for 10 days with 2 travel days, 6 park days and 2 relax days. And as far as my children know, we are going August 2018.

Thanks Guys..
I stayed in value for around 10 days. Time flew
But i made some mistakes. I traveled with infant. this was a mistake. But it was unavoidable, since we wanted to go before my older one was too old for character fun
We spent too much time in character dining. This was a big mistake
Another thing, we went during December time when the prices are at historic high

IMHO, the next time, i will have to stay in value, but only because, there is no other way to do character dining if we stay outside. otherwise i will gladly stay out.

During the entire trip, i can only hear my daughter and wife complain of leg pain...
We went to Disney land a few years ago and had a far better experience than WDW.
But since i live in North East, WDW is the practical option for me

Cheers,
GeethB

Add me to the group!!! I just discovered this thread!!

We actually head down for our annual WDW vacation in 15 days...but I am already planning our next trip!

We have decided that we will skip 2016 and avoid the whole "newly walking toddler who wants to be independant" stage that would
be the case next year, so we will look at Feb or April 2017 as our next trip and our little guy will be 2. Our older girls will be 12 and 10 for that trip.

Our little guy will get his 1st trip this year though (he is 3 months)...unless you count last year when I was pregnant. :)

It's going to be hard skipping a year as we've gone every year for the past 7 years, but we will be busy with the kids so....

We are planning on doing a Disney cruise and Poly CL for our 2017 trip! We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary as well! Can't wait! :)

I traveled with infant. this was a mistake. But it was unavoidable, since we wanted to go before my older one was too old for character fun.

Hahaha, we did that and went Easter week to boot. It was fine! Hectic, but fine. Going back when you're planning to will be a lot more fun, I bet, your kiddos will be at a good age.

Joining along. I'm so glad I'm not the only one planning so far in advance. My husband thinks I'm crazy. But I'm a SAHM, so planning ahead is the only way we are going to get there. I've been dreaming about going to Disney since I was a little girl and now that I have my own children, I want to be able to experience it with them. To keep myself accountable, I've been emailing my mom once a month with my budgeting progress and all my ideas, but I think she's starting to get sick of it too since it's so far away. My dream would be to stay at the Poly or BLT, but since we're on a budget, I'm thinking AoA. My husband wants a resort that will give us separate sleeping areas for our family of 5. AoA fits that bill. It'll just take me a while to get over how bright and very Disney the resort is. And keep reminding myself that this trip is for the kids. We are hoping for 10 days with 2 travel days, 6 park days and 2 relax days. And as far as my children know, we are going August 2018.

I totally can relate! I use the DISboards as my sounding board and can talk Disney and trip planning and budgeting to my hearts content without getting any grief or rolllng eyes from my family. I am glad you found the DIS!

Thanks Guys..
I stayed in value for around 10 days. Time flew
But i made some mistakes. I traveled with infant. this was a mistake. But it was unavoidable, since we wanted to go before my older one was too old for character fun
We spent too much time in character dining. This was a big mistake
Another thing, we went during December time when the prices are at historic high

IMHO, the next time, i will have to stay in value, but only because, there is no other way to do character dining if we stay outside. otherwise i will gladly stay out.

During the entire trip, i can only hear my daughter and wife complain of leg pain...
We went to Disney land a few years ago and had a far better experience than WDW.
But since i live in North East, WDW is the practical option for me

Cheers,
GeethB

I agree with you! On past trips, we soent too much of our time with character dining or just table service. I am thinking the Quick Service plan will work best for me next trip.

Add me to the group!!! I just discovered this thread!!

We actually head down for our annual WDW vacation in 15 days...but I am already planning our next trip!

We have decided that we will skip 2016 and avoid the whole "newly walking toddler who wants to be independant" stage that would
be the case next year, so we will look at Feb or April 2017 as our next trip and our little guy will be 2. Our older girls will be 12 and 10 for that trip.

Our little guy will get his 1st trip this year though (he is 3 months)...unless you count last year when I was pregnant. :)

It's going to be hard skipping a year as we've gone every year for the past 7 years, but we will be busy with the kids so....

We are planning on doing a Disney cruise and Poly CL for our 2017 trip! We will be celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary as well! Can't wait! :)

I think your decision to skip next year with a little toddler who wants to be independent is a good idea. One of our trips was when my son was 8 and my DD was 2. She had a lot of melt downs due to the heat and just the pace.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter