Who's already planning for 2017 or 2018

I totally can relate! I use the DISboards as my sounding board and can talk Disney and trip planning and budgeting to my hearts content without getting any grief or rolllng eyes from my family. I am glad you found the DIS!

I agree with you! On past trips, we soent too much of our time with character dining or just table service. I am thinking the Quick Service plan will work best for me next trip.

I think your decision to skip next year with a little toddler who wants to be independent is a good idea. One of our trips was when my son was 8 and my DD was 2. She had a lot of melt downs due to the heat and just the pace.
Yeah, with our girls, their 1st trip was at 3 and 5 and they were great!! So, after our little guy gets introduced to Disney in a few weeks, we will wait to go back until he's a little older. :)

Working on 2017 plans as we speak. Most of my plans include 2016. But need 3 trips out of that AP to make it worth my time

Is anyone else already getting antsy for their trip. I know I am! Although I'm probably not helping the situation much by reading the Kingdom Keepers books (anyone read those?) and listening to sorcer's radio almost constantly (it's my favorite Disney Park station). Perhaps it's because I'm approaching my 2 year mark that I'm getting excited. It's so close yet so far! I was thinking of maybe creating like a Disney World dream list. With things I would like to do at some point on some trip to disney. I'm not sure all of what would be on my list yet. What things would be on yours?

Is anyone else already getting antsy for their trip. I know I am! Although I'm probably not helping the situation much by reading the Kingdom Keepers books (anyone read those?) and listening to sorcer's radio almost constantly (it's my favorite Disney Park station). Perhaps it's because I'm approaching my 2 year mark that I'm getting excited. It's so close yet so far! I was thinking of maybe creating like a Disney World dream list. With things I would like to do at some point on some trip to disney. I'm not sure all of what would be on my list yet. What things would be on yours?

YES and YES!! To each of your questions. I am extremely antsy for my trip that is two years away. I was last there in 2014 and can't wait to go back. I know it probably isn't helping to be on the DIS so much and read other people's comments on trips that they will be taking soon, but I can't help it!

I have read five of the books from the Kingdom Keepers series just to have a little bit of Disney. I wasn't crazy about them but there were interesting to read. I thought years ago someone mentioned another mystery book set in the Magic Kingdom but now I can't find anything on it. So, if you know other good fictional books that have WDW as a setting let me know.

I need to listen to Disney radio stations. I am clueless about the radio stations. Are there actual ones that just play different radio music from the parks? If so, I need to find them! Do I just google them or get the links from the Disney site? or do I need an app on my phone and ipad? I am really clueless.

My Dream list for my upcoming vacation:

Eat dinner at OHana again. (We missed out on our last trip).
Go to an animation class at Hollywood Studios or AoA (I've heard both places have one)
Ride Test Track for only my second time. We rode it once in 2014 - it was my first time and I loved it!

I will come back later and add to my list.

YES and YES!! To each of your questions. I am extremely antsy for my trip that is two years away. I was last there in 2014 and can't wait to go back. I know it probably isn't helping to be on the DIS so much and read other people's comments on trips that they will be taking soon, but I can't help it!

I have read five of the books from the Kingdom Keepers series just to have a little bit of Disney. I wasn't crazy about them but there were interesting to read. I thought years ago someone mentioned another mystery book set in the Magic Kingdom but now I can't find anything on it. So, if you know other good fictional books that have WDW as a setting let me know.

I need to listen to Disney radio stations. I am clueless about the radio stations. Are there actual ones that just play different radio music from the parks? If so, I need to find them! Do I just google them or get the links from the Disney site? or do I need an app on my phone and ipad? I am really clueless.

My Dream list for my upcoming vacation:

Eat dinner at OHana again. (We missed out on our last trip).
Go to an animation class at Hollywood Studios or AoA (I've heard both places have one)
Ride Test Track for only my second time. We rode it once in 2014 - it was my first time and I loved it!

I will come back later and add to my list.

I'm only about half way through the first Kingdom Keepers book. My Student Teaching class insisted I read it after they found out I was big Disney fan. Unfortunately I didn't manage it while I was still with them. It's not the best book I ever read for sure but it's doing enough to get my Disney fix. It makes me smile when I can picture the park so clearly in my head. The only other Disney book I've read is this one. It could of been better I think but it's a pretty cute and fluffy read. I read it in late high school. Just as I was starting to really let my Disney Side out. I also found this list I haven't really dug through it yet to see what looks intriguing it does include both Disney World and Disneyland though.

As far as the Radio Stations most of them are online. My go tos are MouseWorld Radio which is what first introduced me to the world that is Disney World Radio I think I read about it on the Dis when I first joined because I know I was in summer school leading up to my 2013 trip and I remember listening to MouseWorld Radio almost obsessively during those few weeks. Then just a few months ago I discovered Sorcerer Radio I like that one better because it has "shows" each hour is generally a theme. They do have a few hours that are just a mix but I still like it. They also have a few hosted shows as well. I also love the nighttime spectacular hour they play the music from all the nighttime shows that happens every night it's awesome and makes me feel warm and fuzzy before I go to sleep. I know there are more but those are the ones I use. I think MouseWorld also tends to play more Disney Movie music too where Sorcerer Radio tends to be more park/resort music. But I'm not totally sure about that. Both stations also have apps so you can go that route too. I have both apps on both my phone and Ipad.

I'm still working on my list. I'm a little afraid of how long that list could potentially be! :eek:

But when we went in 2013 we did the animation class at Hollywood Studios. Highly recommend! One of the best things I did on the trip. We drew Tigger! It's not as fun but they actually started putting some of the drawings up on youtube so you could also check them out that way just to see what it's all about.

I'm only about half way through the first Kingdom Keepers book. My Student Teaching class insisted I read it after they found out I was big Disney fan. Unfortunately I didn't manage it while I was still with them. It's not the best book I ever read for sure but it's doing enough to get my Disney fix. It makes me smile when I can picture the park so clearly in my head. The only other Disney book I've read is this one. It could of been better I think but it's a pretty cute and fluffy read. I read it in late high school. Just as I was starting to really let my Disney Side out. I also found this list I haven't really dug through it yet to see what looks intriguing it does include both Disney World and Disneyland though.

As far as the Radio Stations most of them are online. My go tos are MouseWorld Radio which is what first introduced me to the world that is Disney World Radio I think I read about it on the Dis when I first joined because I know I was in summer school leading up to my 2013 trip and I remember listening to MouseWorld Radio almost obsessively during those few weeks. Then just a few months ago I discovered Sorcerer Radio I like that one better because it has "shows" each hour is generally a theme. They do have a few hours that are just a mix but I still like it. They also have a few hosted shows as well. I also love the nighttime spectacular hour they play the music from all the nighttime shows that happens every night it's awesome and makes me feel warm and fuzzy before I go to sleep. I know there are more but those are the ones I use. I think MouseWorld also tends to play more Disney Movie music too where Sorcerer Radio tends to be more park/resort music. But I'm not totally sure about that. Both stations also have apps so you can go that route too. I have both apps on both my phone and Ipad.

I'm still working on my list. I'm a little afraid of how long that list could potentially be! :eek:

But when we went in 2013 we did the animation class at Hollywood Studios. Highly recommend! One of the best things I did on the trip. We drew Tigger! It's not as fun but they actually started putting some of the drawings up on youtube so you could also check them out that way just to see what it's all about.

Thanks for the excellent information about the different radio stations and what they play. I am excited now to check them out.

I am a teacher too! I teach eighth grade Social Studies and Language Arts in a middle school. This year, I wore a Minnie shirt and my Minnie ears to work one day when I taught my class the history of silent movies and "talkies" I showed them "Steamboat Willie". It was fun to bring my love for Disney into the classroom.

So, did you just do your student teaching this semester or previously? Do you now have your teaching degree? What grade do you want to teach?

Thanks for the excellent information about the different radio stations and what they play. I am excited now to check them out.

I am a teacher too! I teach eighth grade Social Studies and Language Arts in a middle school. This year, I wore a Minnie shirt and my Minnie ears to work one day when I taught my class the history of silent movies and "talkies" I showed them "Steamboat Willie". It was fun to bring my love for Disney into the classroom.

So, did you just do your student teaching this semester or previously? Do you now have your teaching degree? What grade do you want to teach?

I did my Student Teaching this past fall. So relatively recently. I did graduate with my B.S.E in December and have my license but I'm still waiting on the official paper copy to arrive. It feels like it's taking forever. My license is for 1st-8th grade. I keep changing my mind about what grade I want to teach! When I first started school I only wanted to do 2nd or 3rd grade. Then I did some volennteer work with a 5th grade and decided I really liked that age too. So then I decided I wanted to teach 3rd or 4th grade. Then toward the end of my college classes before student teaching I was required to work with middle schoolers. I always thought I would hate working with middle schoolers but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. So where I'm at now is I think I want to try and teach in a 1st-5th grade if I can because I prefer the idea of having the same set of kids for most of the day if not all day. But I think I would be OK with a middle school group to. Particularly if it was a social studies or math class. I'm hoping to have a job lined up for next school year, even if it's just subbing. I applied to for a company that handles subs for the five closet districts to me and got turned down. So I'm having to refocus my job search a little.

I've already been scheming a Disney theme for my classroom some day.

I am so antsy. My last trip was in March of this year, next is in June 2017 and it feels soooo far away. We decided to go to Disneyland next summer to help ease the pain of 2 years away from the World, but I kind of want to cancel those plans and just use the money to make the WDW trip even more fabulous. My husband thinks I'm crazy.

My daughter was given the first Kingdom Keepers book as a gift because people know we are Disney nuts, but she's still a little young for it. I keep trying to push her to read it because it's really more for me...

And I totally already have a list of special experiences I want for our next trip! Some are things we've done before and some will be new. I really want to take my kids on the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise and I'd also like to try to Family Magic Tour while they're still young enough to really enjoy it. We've done the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party twice, but it looks like we won't be doing that again with the new price raise. Makes me sad because I loved doing it. The other big thing that we'll be doing for the first time next trip is Star Wars Weekends. So excited! We went during SWW in 2013, but didn't go to DHS on the weekends because we were trying to avoid the SW stuff, as my kids didn't care at the time. Now they are big fans and specifically requested taking our next trip during SWW.

So...thoughts about where you all will stay?

I did my Student Teaching this past fall. So relatively recently. I did graduate with my B.S.E in December and have my license but I'm still waiting on the official paper copy to arrive. It feels like it's taking forever. My license is for 1st-8th grade. I keep changing my mind about what grade I want to teach! When I first started school I only wanted to do 2nd or 3rd grade. Then I did some volennteer work with a 5th grade and decided I really liked that age too. So then I decided I wanted to teach 3rd or 4th grade. Then toward the end of my college classes before student teaching I was required to work with middle schoolers. I always thought I would hate working with middle schoolers but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. So where I'm at now is I think I want to try and teach in a 1st-5th grade if I can because I prefer the idea of having the same set of kids for most of the day if not all day. But I think I would be OK with a middle school group to. Particularly if it was a social studies or math class. I'm hoping to have a job lined up for next school year, even if it's just subbing. I applied to for a company that handles subs for the five closet districts to me and got turned down. So I'm having to refocus my job search a little.

I've already been scheming a Disney theme for my classroom some day.

Hang in there with the job situation. I know here the area I live in job market for teachers is tight. I am surprised that you were turned down for subbing, I am guessing that it is because it is near the end of the school year and they want you to have your official papers first. I bet you will have lots of opportunities to sub in the fall. I started out as a sub before I was hired on full-time.

I am so antsy. My last trip was in March of this year, next is in June 2017 and it feels soooo far away. We decided to go to Disneyland next summer to help ease the pain of 2 years away from the World, but I kind of want to cancel those plans and just use the money to make the WDW trip even more fabulous. My husband thinks I'm crazy.

My daughter was given the first Kingdom Keepers book as a gift because people know we are Disney nuts, but she's still a little young for it. I keep trying to push her to read it because it's really more for me...

And I totally already have a list of special experiences I want for our next trip! Some are things we've done before and some will be new. I really want to take my kids on the Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise and I'd also like to try to Family Magic Tour while they're still young enough to really enjoy it. We've done the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party twice, but it looks like we won't be doing that again with the new price raise. Makes me sad because I loved doing it. The other big thing that we'll be doing for the first time next trip is Star Wars Weekends. So excited! We went during SWW in 2013, but didn't go to DHS on the weekends because we were trying to avoid the SW stuff, as my kids didn't care at the time. Now they are big fans and specifically requested taking our next trip during SWW.

So...thoughts about where you all will stay?

LOL - I bought the Kingdom Keeper books for myself and read the first five. I like the setting but am not a huge fan of sci-fi in general so the plot does not really appeal to me. Perhaps I should write a realistic fiction of my own based in WDW. It looks like there is a market for one! Maybe I could even use the profits to take Disney trips. Hmmm! Maybe I will try writing something this summer.

I totally agree with the wait is unbearable at times. Do you live close to Disneyland? I would love a trip to see it but it is clear across the country so the airfare alone would be crazy. Perhaps someday. I, do understand your idea to skip it so that you can plan more extras on your WDW trip.

Like you, I was at WDW during Star Wars Weekends back in 2009 but we did tried to avoid the crowds. In my family, we have only seen the three original movies. But my brother and his family are huge Star Wars fans. They have never been to WDW. One of my dream Disney lists would be to take them to WDW so that they can experience everything, even Star Wars. My nephew is autistic, he does not speak and often will just take off running. so it would be a trip that would have to be carefully planned out and would most likely go at a low crowd time. I have heard that WDW is wonderful in helping families with disabilities plan the vacations and help while they are there. Still, I think Star Wars weekend might be hard to handle in our situation.

I totally agree with the wait is unbearable at times. Do you live close to Disneyland? I would love a trip to see it but it is clear across the country so the airfare alone would be crazy. Perhaps someday. I, do understand your idea to skip it so that you can plan more extras on your WDW trip.

Like you, I was at WDW during Star Wars Weekends back in 2009 but we did tried to avoid the crowds. In my family, we have only seen the three original movies. But my brother and his family are huge Star Wars fans. They have never been to WDW. One of my dream Disney lists would be to take them to WDW so that they can experience everything, even Star Wars. My nephew is autistic, he does not speak and often will just take off running. so it would be a trip that would have to be carefully planned out and would most likely go at a low crowd time. I have heard that WDW is wonderful in helping families with disabilities plan the vacations and help while they are there. Still, I think Star Wars weekend might be hard to handle in our situation.

We are in Texas, so about halfway between WDW and DL. We drive over two days when we go to WDW and would do the same thing for DL. DH is pretty determined to do DL. He's from CA, so grew up going to that park. His first trip to WDW was with me as an adult. I had tried to tell him that it was like a whole other world (no pun intended), but he couldn't fully grasp it until seeing it. He now prefers WDW, but still wants the kids to see DL while they're still little.

And yes, SWW while exciting, seems stressful! I can imagine it would be difficult for folks without special considerations to manage, so I feel for your situation. I am an insane planner, but think I will try to approach SWW with an attitude of just seeing whatever we end up being able to see and rolling with the rest.

I can understand your DH's desire to have the kids experience Disneyland while they are still little for nostalgia reasons. It is nice that you have a hubby that likes WDW as much as you. I have to work hard to convince my DH each time we go and that is one reason we only go every four years or so.

Great idea to try to just roll along with the SWW events. It might help ease the tension of planning, yet again, if you are like me, it might just be extremely hard NOT to have any plans for it or even just minor plans. It is hard for us planners to just let go and go with the flow at times.

I can totally relate to the comments about being "antsy" at the top of this page! I am planning a WDW trip for late February 2017 and I keep thinking how far away it is, but really it's not! My hubby thinks I'm nuts for worrying about things (really researching rather than actual worrying), but I am a planner and I like to know details and how things work in advance.

I honestly sent a request for a quote to Dreams Unlimited yesterday for my dates, but I'm not sure that they can tell me anything just yet, haha. Oh well, it made me feel better!

I've already totally made up my mind that we're staying at POFQ when we go, though. It looks SO adorable and people seem to have good things to say about it!

I forgot to add that I haven't been to WDW since I was a toddler, so I'm actually a total newb at this.

Hello everyone. I am planning a trip for May 2017. I will be taking my DGS who will be 5 at that time. I just feel that it would be better to wait until then. It will be me, DGS, and DD. My grandson's father and 1/2 sister will not be going. I told him 2 years ago that he would have to pay for his and his daughter and he has saved a grand total of $0.
I promised my DGS when he was 2 days old, I would take him. He was in the NICU for the first 2 weeks of his life (I told him he had to get better so that we could go to Disney).
This will be a partial surprise trip for him. His grandfather (my ex) lives in Orlando (we are in Texas). So he will think we are going to Papa John's. We will be driving.
So, when we get up the last day of travel (hopefully in Lake City, FL), we will tell him then.
I am also going to Disney this October 18-22 for a Solo Trip. It is an early "Happy Birthday to Me". I do not think many people turning 60 plan on a trip to Disney for their birthday, but I am.

Next trip is July 2016 for my 41st birthday...but we're also planning a trip back in Dec. or Jan. 2018 o_O for my daughter's 17th and son's 12th birthdays!

I am also going to Disney this October 18-22 for a Solo Trip. It is an early "Happy Birthday to Me". I do not think many people turning 60 plan on a trip to Disney for their birthday, but I am.
I hope your birthday trip is just incredible! :D

I can totally relate to the comments about being "antsy" at the top of this page! I am planning a WDW trip for late February 2017 and I keep thinking how far away it is, but really it's not! My hubby thinks I'm nuts for worrying about things (really researching rather than actual worrying), but I am a planner and I like to know details and how things work in advance.

I honestly sent a request for a quote to Dreams Unlimited yesterday for my dates, but I'm not sure that they can tell me anything just yet, haha. Oh well, it made me feel better!

I've already totally made up my mind that we're staying at POFQ when we go, though. It looks SO adorable and people seem to have good things to say about it!

You found the right place here, to share your ideas and ask questions and you won't drive your hubby nuts in the meantime! At least that is what works for me! I can share my love for Disney and crazy planners here with others who totally get me!

I forgot to add that I haven't been to WDW since I was a toddler, so I'm actually a total newb at this.

It will be exciting for you for sure!

Hello everyone. I am planning a trip for May 2017. I will be taking my DGS who will be 5 at that time. I just feel that it would be better to wait until then. It will be me, DGS, and DD. My grandson's father and 1/2 sister will not be going. I told him 2 years ago that he would have to pay for his and his daughter and he has saved a grand total of $0.
I promised my DGS when he was 2 days old, I would take him. He was in the NICU for the first 2 weeks of his life (I told him he had to get better so that we could go to Disney).
This will be a partial surprise trip for him. His grandfather (my ex) lives in Orlando (we are in Texas). So he will think we are going to Papa John's. We will be driving.
So, when we get up the last day of travel (hopefully in Lake City, FL), we will tell him then.

It sounds like a wonderful trip, you will get to share Disney with your GS and get to experience WDW through the eyes of a child. Five will be an ideal age to go.
I also love the fact that you are heading down to WDW for your 60th birthday! I am just over 50 and would love to plan a birthday trip for myself solo or perhaps with a friend who loves it as much as me! My kids enjoy it and my husband tolerates it every four or five years or so but just does not get why I love it so much.

Next trip is July 2016 for my 41st birthday...but we're also planning a trip back in Dec. or Jan. 2018 o_O for my daughter's 17th and son's 12th birthdays!

July 2016 is just a little over a year away now, so you can begin your serious planning for it! Will all your family be going in July and Dec or Jan 2018 or just one?
Where do you think you will be staying do you think?

July 2016 is just a little over a year away now, so you can begin your serious planning for it!
Oh I am to a ridiculous degree! Thank goodness for PTRs or I just might finally ;) lose my mind! I'm going to be updating it today as I just can't stay away!
Will all your family be going in July and Dec or Jan 2018 or just one?
All 4 of us will be going in July 2016, and odds are that the same 4 will be back in 2018, but I never can be sure. Currently my husband still really likes Disney, but I would hesitate to predict as by then he could beaver it. Though I think we'll also do Universal or at least Harry Potter land as well on that trip.
Where do you think you will be staying do you think?
We're staying at the Poly for this memorial trip :angel:. Then my kids are hopeful for POR in a Royal Room for the 2018 trip.
When do you think you'll be going? How many in your group or a solo trip? Which resort are you considering? Can't wait to learn more! :hug: it's such fun making Disney friends! :D

Oh I am to a ridiculous degree! Thank goodness for PTRs or I just might finally ;) lose my mind! I'm going to be updating it today as I just can't stay away!

All 4 of us will be going in July 2016, and odds are that the same 4 will be back in 2018, but I never can be sure. Currently my husband still really likes Disney, but I would hesitate to predict as by then he could beaver it. Though I think we'll also do Universal or at least Harry Potter land as well on that trip.

We're staying at the Poly for this memorial trip :angel:. Then my kids are hopeful for POR in a Royal Room for the 2018 trip.
When do you think you'll be going? How many in your group or a solo trip? Which resort are you considering? Can't wait to learn more! :hug: it's such fun making Disney friends! :D

I totally understand what you mean by you can't stop planning and being away from the DIS! I need to join your PTR if you have one going already.

My next trip will most likely be my kids and I and possibly my husband. My DD is 12 and has been reading the Harry Potter books close to a year. It is her first time to read the series so she is really wanting to see Wizardly World in Universal. My DD and I have never been to Universal so we might have to plan a day trip there to see it.
Otherwise, I would just stay with WDW or Disneyland and never go to any other amusement park.

For our budget, we will be staying at a moderate resort. I have stayed at CBR, CSR and PORFQ. I am leaning on staying at PORFQ again just due to the size of it. The themeing at all three are great so it might come down to size of the resort, discount available or availability. I might be persuaded to try AoA LM room if it meant I could stay two weeks instead of 6 to 8.

Someday, I would love to stay at the Poly. The Poly has always been my dream resort from the first time I ever went to WDW when I was 12 years old.

What area of the Poly are you hoping to get or requesting?

I totally understand what you mean by you can't stop planning and being away from the DIS!
I've learned so many cool things about Disney World on this site!
I need to join your PTR if you have one going already.
I do indeed have one and it is getting kind of long! lol :blush: If you want to come say hello please do! :hug: http://www.disboards.com/threads/tr...n-wheels-oh-my-1st-ptr.3407712/#post-53608859
My next trip will most likely be my kids and I and possibly my husband. My DD is 12 and has been reading the Harry Potter books close to a year. It is her first time to read the series so she is really wanting to see Wizardly World in Universal. My DD and I have never been to Universal so we might have to plan a day trip there to see it.
Oh that sounds like fun! I hope to possibly go there on our 2018 trip.
For our budget, we will be staying at a moderate resort. I have stayed at CBR, CSR and PORFQ. I am leaning on staying at PORFQ again just due to the size of it. The themeing at all three are great so it might come down to size of the resort, discount available or availability. I might be persuaded to try AoA LM room if it meant I could stay two weeks instead of 6 to 8.
It would be pretty cool to stay in the Disney bubble for two whole weeks!!!
Someday, I would love to stay at the Poly. The Poly has always been my dream resort from the first time I ever went to WDW when I was 12 years old.
I've been dreaming of it for a long time as well, but just never really believed it would happen. I'm terribly bus shy so the monorail is a big draw, but the main reason I want to stay at the Poly is for the atmosphere. It looks so relaxing and tropical!
What area of the Poly are you hoping to get or requesting?
I'm hoping very much for a wheelchair accessible room with a bathtub (needed for pain relief and swelling reduction), hopefully 1st floor, and I don't care one bit where it is in the longhouses! :D Which one would you like to stay in? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter