Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I'm planning to buy direct

Votes: 54 45.8%
  • I'm not planning to buy Poly 2

Votes: 52 44.1%

• Total voters

intamin

Ready to go.
This seemed like the next logical step since Poly sales have now been halted and it's looking like it's going to be a single association. Do you plan to buy direct or buy resale knowing that it's a part of the same association?

I am definitely feeling more inclined to purchase with it being part of the same association to get access to the other new resorts without having to worry about resale restrictions.
I'm leaning towards buying direct just because I own RIV and would like to have even more unrestricted points to use there although I'm hoping sales don't open at least til early next year

I’m considering direct. My preference is direct with strong incentives and I’ll wait a year or so to see if that happens.

If that does not happen and resale is much lower than direct, then possibly resale.

Direct needs to be $180pp :)

Resale $140 or less. I’d want to save more than $30pp.

Our timeframe is 12 to 24 months, unless a fantastic deal jumps out sooner.

We have some resale poly now and depending on how much we love the tower we will likely want more, as PVB is definitely our family’s favorite so will want points for 2bdrms. I’m a bit torn because I want more direct points for use at RIV and future restricted resorts but if the incentives are weak and the starting buy-in price is $239 or higher, I think we’ll just do more resale and buy direct RIV before the next price hike.

I will consider direct if things happen in a way that doesn’t give the PVB long houses and bungalows home resort advance.

And from some of my conversations recently, I am waiting for official documents to know the rules in terms of how it will work.

I will probably buy direct depending on the price. I already own a couple of small resale contracts at PVB, but generally on the lookout for my first direct to cover the new resorts. I think it will have to be around the $200 mark or less for me though. Not sure that’s likely to happen.

I will consider direct if things happen in a way that doesn’t give the PVB long houses and bungalows home resort advance.
I assume this is because you fear too much demand on non-studio accomodations at 11 months? Ironically VGF2 in reverse?

I assume this is because you fear too much demand on non-studio accomodations at 11 months? Ironically VGF2 in reverse?

Correct. I don’t want to compete with 4 million points that are not attached to the tower.

I would rather own more RIV and take chances at 7 months. And, yes, it does seem to be moving to support one, but I have still being given too much wishy washy info to say it’s a done deal in terms of home resort and restrictions to say I am 100% out.

Correct. I don’t want to compete with 4 million points that are not attached to the tower.

I would rather own more RIV and take chances at 7 months. And, yes, it does seem to be moving to support one, but I have still being given too much wishy washy info to say it’s a done deal in terms of home resort and restrictions to say I am 100% out.
Would you buy if it became part of the Palmetto Trust? I'm guessing not.

Would you buy if it became part of the Palmetto Trust? I'm guessing not.
Actually yes, because then the current PVB would be out for home resort and and it might offer potentially ealrier access to the cabins, which could be a benefit for us plus any other potential new properties.

And, yes, I do feel confident that the trust is for more than Cabins, even if they don’t add Poly tower. I think it’s a long term shift we will see.

I probably won’t buy - I already own BLT and VGF direct and don’t need any more points and I’m old too! - however - if the price is good I’ll pick up some but they’ll be direct…

This is my exact feeling. We own a small RIV contract now and we may just add to that to take our chance at 7 months.

The 11 month advantage is really going to be a small inventory of not great view rooms which will have “low” points. If all Poly owners have this advantage regardless of what they bought into… I’d rather use my points for a standard view room at RIV instead.

Actually yes, because then the current PVB would be out for home resort and and it might offer potentially ealrier access to the cabins, which could be a benefit for us plus any other potential new properties.
But you'd be at the mercy of DVD and depend on which resorts get added next to the trust. If a lot of Aulani units get added or DVD decides to do a cheap conversion of an existing resort (PO Riverside?), this balance might change fast. The incentive for DVD will always be there as they can sell points to less valuable locations by pointing at the Poly tower.

Existing association in the classic model has it's disadvantages (existing association owners if you want 1BR+) but also the advantage that this association probably won't change as rapidly over time as the trust might.

From a different perspective, they might attach another quarter of CBR to Riviera tomorrow so I guess no one is really safe.

How can it be 1 association if its in The Trust? So all the original owners are now in a Trust? Can they do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter