Will you buy Poly 2 resale or direct?

• I'm planning to buy resale

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I'm planning to buy direct

Votes: 54 45.8%
  • I'm not planning to buy Poly 2

Votes: 52 44.1%

• Total voters
For many of us, booking at 11mo is not realistic (maybe we have placeholders but then we have to worry about kids plays or sporting tournaments or work obligations, etc.), so having to know 11m out is really tough and even 8mo out is a gamble. Luckily DVC lets you cancel a month or two out, but it’s still hard to rebook after the 7m mark. This is why being able to try our luck at many different resorts instead of only one resort adds a lot of value for us and we aren’t likely to buy restricted resale. I do worry that combining PVB with Tower points will make it hard to book longhouses at 10/9/8 months and nearly impossible to get more than a night or two at 7mo…but we don’t own there so this isn’t my hill to die on. 🙃
From many conversations at the pools, buses, etc you are far from alone on the booking window.

If Disney ever changes the booking windows, something shorter works better for a family oriented destination.

We are poly resale and will buy poly tower direct if the price is in the realm of reasonable. I’m willing to pay a premium to have some unrestricted points and what little perks exist. If the price per point is nuts we will just pass altogether.
^ this is exactly how I feel. We own poly resale already, but if the opening day direct price for existing members is good then we will sell our resale to “upgrade” to direct points even if it means paying more money out of pocket. It would be nice for our family to have direct points and perks moving forward, but only if the price is right.

For many of us, booking at 11mo is not realistic (maybe we have placeholders but then we have to worry about kids plays or sporting tournaments or work obligations, etc.), so having to know 11m out is really tough and even 8mo out is a gamble. Luckily DVC lets you cancel a month or two out, but it’s still hard to rebook after the 7m mark. This is why being able to try our luck at many different resorts instead of only one resort adds a lot of value for us and we aren’t likely to buy restricted resale. I do worry that combining PVB with Tower points will make it hard to book longhouses at 10/9/8 months and nearly impossible to get more than a night or two at 7mo…but we don’t own there so this isn’t my hill to die on. 🙃
Absolutely. You may note my response was directed to someone who stated they do book at 11 months. However not booking as soon as one can has always been a gamble with any resort with DVC. Being a non-fixed week system at its core means your best odds will be at 11 months and decline from there. The flexibility is the key point I have appreciated. If one can't book as far out as possible the frank truth has always been that you take your chances. Please note I only stated seeing a potential issue with PVB studios for one or two weeks in early Dec (throw in NYE too) and I'd consider that worst case scenario, not a definite. Except NYE. I think it's safe to say that's a definite and it will be similar to BLT where if you miss that window you'll be waitlisting. IF the Tower is added to the existing association the bulk of the resort will still be studios and the majority of them will be in the 3 existing longhouses. The number of villas in the room type with some factor of point requirements of the category generally determines how long availability will last.

From a lot of responses going on about the tower in various threads since it started there's been the opposite fear that the Tower would be the one to get overwhelmed with demand from the existing owners. It won't be both and likely will be neither. And going further back the speculation was that all the Bungalow points would mean that the studios would book up fast but there's been no visibility of that either at 11 months.

Regarding resale restrictions one learns to work with what one has but it's good to consider the possibilities the restrictions carry. Currently and for some time to come it's not a big gamble with the original resorts but all things remaining the same there will be shifts. That's quite a ways down the line though.

And that we will see future projects involved. The one reason I am still not 100% convinced they are just going to add to PVB and sell as normal is that the incentives for the cabins were simply not great and makes me wonder if the reasons could be a pairing with Poly tower in some way.

Walt Disney World - The Timeshare Vacation Destination of the World™️!

I didn't vote. Staying at the poly for the first time on okw resale points this summer. If we love it (I can't stop watching walkthroughs and falling more in love) I might buy a small resale or direct contract. I will wait, however, until the announcement has been made on the tower and I fully comprehend the meaning of the decision.

I would be in the market for a small amount of points as a companion to my okw points for split stays. I won't be able to afford the full 150 direct for membership extras and there won't be incentives on a wee direct contract. My decision between resale and direct will be based on what it looks like when the tower goes on sale.

I won't be able to afford the full 150 direct for membership extras and there won't be incentives on a wee direct contract.
You don’t have to buy 150 at once to qualify.

You could buy 50 when they go on sale and then in two more years you could buy another 50 and again in two more years one more contract of 50.

Assuming they don’t the minimum for extra’s you would then have the direct perks more in line with your budget.

Of course if you don’t care about those you should save a lot more on the resale market.

No specific info to that effect but I can say with strong confidence that the trust was not set up to sell only the cabins.

And that we will see future projects involved. The one reason I am still not 100% convinced they are just going to add to PVB and sell as normal is that the incentives for the cabins were simply not great and makes me wonder if the reasons could be a pairing with Poly tower in some way.
And this is why I have forced myself to wait until all the cards are shown. I have one more chance to purchase DVC with cash and if trust package such as mentioned earlier ( “I agree CFW isn’t the end of the trust. No clue what will be next (tower, Reflections 2.0, maybe POR which some have suggested, YC, rumored Epcot front DVC, …).” I don’t want to blow my final chance to get in on the so called DVC. 2.0.

And this is why I have forced myself to wait until all the cards are shown. I have one more chance to purchase DVC with cash and if trust package such as mentioned earlier ( “I agree CFW isn’t the end of the trust. No clue what will be next (tower, Reflections 2.0, maybe POR which some have suggested, YC, rumored Epcot front DVC, …).” I don’t want to blow my final chance to get in on the so called DVC. 2.0.
This a part of why I’m waiting too. Something is going on just don’t know exactly what. Between the Poly Tower likely not restricted, potentially a Trust, talk of DVC2.0, etc. The steady rollout of changes in recent years does not seem finished.

They say DVC prices only go up but they are pretty high today. I don’t think it a huge risk waiting another ~18 months. If they continue adding unrestricted resorts then maybe I don’t need direct. If they will be offering a Trust product with multi-home priority I might be interested. I want to know what is for sale before deciding.

I moved on VGF direct summer incentives because the price was right for what we’d get at minimum. We’re pretty set on adding Poly but not before more details are released about its future with the tower and what DVC changes are coming down the pike.

This is totally my situation. I feel like my direct points are useless because while I do book 11 months out, I often have to cancel or modify dates. When I’m scrambling to find a reservation for points in holding, I’m reminding myself that I should have just bought SSR resale.

You don’t have to buy 150 at once to qualify.

You could buy 50 when they go on sale and then in two more years you could buy another 50 and again in two more years one more contract of 50.

Assuming they don’t the minimum for extra’s you would then have the direct perks more in line with your budget.

Of course if you don’t care about those you should save a lot more on the resale market.
I don't think I would ever buy direct for the member extras, but only for what the direct points themselves would offer. I am fully aware that my OKW points will likely only provide access to OKW eventually.

If the Poly tower is part of some new hybrid thing that I am excited about, I might buy the minimum amount. If it is unrestricted and part of the standing resort and I fall in love with the Poly, a small resale contract is in my future. Either way, I'll be waiting.

not planning on buying Poly 2 or any other dvc resorts. I own BWV and never had a problem staying at the others.

I agree as I believe the longhouses will be more in demand than the studios being built with the tower. The tower ones seem smaller and we know they will only have room one shower compared to the two in the longhouses.

The longhouses will also be closer to the monorail via TTC
This. The whole idea of Poly for us is that it has three transportation options: bus, monorail, and boat. Adjacency to the TTC is important and the new tower is longer away. Walking to MK through Grand Floridian is the only advantage for the tower.

I’m considering direct. My preference is direct with strong incentives and I’ll wait a year or so to see if that happens.

If that does not happen and resale is much lower than direct, then possibly resale.

Direct needs to be $180pp :)

Resale $140 or less. I’d want to save more than $30pp.

Our timeframe is 12 to 24 months, unless a fantastic deal jumps out sooner.
This all day...👆

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter