Will you buy Poly 2 resale or direct?

• I'm planning to buy resale

Votes: 12 10.2%
  • I'm planning to buy direct

Votes: 54 45.8%
  • I'm not planning to buy Poly 2

Votes: 52 44.1%

• Total voters
Remember when they extended OKW from 2042 to 2057? Could they do the same thing if you buy 'new' direct Poly points? The Poly2 would be in the same association, but the expiration would extend from 2066 to 2074?

The extra 8 years would not be much an incentive to me, but for some people it might be.

Since the tower is in an entirely different location, I think they could theoretically have a new ground lease for that. The POS does allow for different vacation plans in the same association.

But, why bother to even involve PVB if you are doing two different plans…I know they are saying for legal reasons they can’t comment on anything beyond the announcement…won’t answer home resort or restrictions questions…

I still find it strange we have gotten no updates since December Hopefully we are down to one to two months left to answer it all.

Not sure how to answer this poll... Price would be a major and primary consideration.

If it's direct at $161/pt like VGF in 2023 then I'd consider buying even if I'm not looking to add at all.

If it's direct in the $230s, like the current PVB price after MB, then direct is not an option for us.

it's going to be a single association
We've known this for many months.

I assume this is because you fear too much demand on non-studio accomodations at 11 months?
Literally zero DVC properties have too much demand for non-studio accommodations. It's just not how DVC owners behave, period. It doesn't matter how steep the ratio is tilted towards Studios, Studios are still going to sell out first.

But you'd be at the mercy of DVD and depend on which resorts get added next to the trust. If a lot of Aulani units get added or DVD decides to do a cheap conversion of an existing resort (PO Riverside?), this balance might change fast. The incentive for DVD will always be there as they can sell points to less valuable locations by pointing at the Poly tower.
This is not a thing.

Last edited:
Lol. We didn’t really have true confirmation for awhile because they said at this time the plan was to make it the same association during the condo association meeting. But sure.
They literally described it as an expansion of Polynesian Villas & Bungalows in the very first wave of press. Not a new DVC property at Polynesian Village resort. An expansion of Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Every other piece of speculation was just the internet community going off half-cocked like they always do.

See also: DVC 2.0 and the "new trust product" which is another fabrication.

They literally described it as an expansion of Polynesian Villas & Bungalows in the very first wave of press. Not a new DVC property at Polynesian Village resort. An expansion of Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.

Every other piece of speculation was just the internet community going off half-cocked like they always do.

Cool

Not sure how to answer this poll... Price would be a major and primary consideration.

If it's direct at $161/pt like VGF in 2023 then I'd consider buying even if I'm not looking to add at all.

If it's direct in the $230s, like the current PVB price after MB, then direct is not an option for us.
This is basically how I feel as well. If I could get direct points under $175, I'd probably add 100-200 direct... above that, we'd be looking to add resale if it drops close to $100 (which frankly, I do not see happening absent economic catastrophe or unanticipated interest rate hikes). We like Poly but already have enough VGF points to visit once a year in studios or every other year in a villa, along with BCV and AUL... but we do like staying at Poly and if the Tower is part of PVB, I suspect it will get much harder to trade into the studios at 7mo.

It actually did not. They have never put into print that it would be part of the association. Only that it was being added to the Poly Village Resort.

The closest they have come is saying in December the plan right then was to add to existing. And even then did not use association.

The implication was there in that announcement and guides will stand by that with the caveat that the words “as of right now” were also used.

Well, you may think the trust and DVC 2.0 is fabrication and I will go on record it is not. It may not involve Poly tower but it will kick in down the line.

Didn’t the boards refer to the rumors of a DVC at a moderate resort as DVC 2.0? I know there were very posts about this somewhere. Just can’t recall where. People were adamant a moderate didn’t belong with the deluxe resorts and should be a new system.

Riviera is absolutely a deluxe, so there was no reason to start DVC 2.0 (moderates) at that time.

Might that explain why CFW was the start of the trust?

Didn’t the boards refer to the rumors of a DVC at a moderate resort as DVC 2.0? I know there were very posts about this somewhere. Just can’t recall where. People were adamant a moderate didn’t belong with the deluxe resorts and should be a new system.

Riviera is absolutely a deluxe, so there was no reason to start DVC 2.0 (moderates) at that time.

Might that explain why CFW was the start of the trust?

That could be but remember, they have now reclassified the new cabins as a deluxe location…so they definitely want to the impression that DVC is deluxe..

But, it goes t back to maybe this new DVC 2.0…will involve the trust and we will see a shift in what and how DVC sold in the future…even if it leaves out Poly tower…which I will believe when it’s 100% in writing!

We've known this for many months.
No, you haven't. DVD could easily have put this on record but has avoided doing so. You might have assumed so and you might be proven right but unless you work for DVD, you have not known this for a fact.
Literally zero DVC properties have too much demand for non-studio accommodations. It's just not how DVC owners behave, period. It doesn't matter how steep the ratio is tilted towards Studios, Studios are still going to sell out first.

Not sure we've seen this ratio of studios to 2- and 3 bedrooms before. But the point was not, which category sells out first. Availability for other room types in high demand periods at 11 months might still be negatively impacted if there is a higher number of people with 11 months access.

This is not a thing.
Maybe. But unless you work for DVD and this is an official statement, you are again selling your speculation as fact.

That could be but remember, they have now reclassified the new cabins as a deluxe location…so they definitely want to the impression that DVC is deluxe..
I believe reclassification was done strictly because of DVC, not because of additions to justify moving it from moderate to deluxe.

Fort Wilderness is fun anrea and I plan to stay there for certain scenarios. However, the change from last year to this year feels like a marketing ploy.

It’s why I can’t believe anyone in marketing thinks starting the trust with CFW at present was a smart move. Add Reflections and it may feel more like a deluxe, but we know that will take 2-3 years and from discussions about tower (plans may change).

I believe reclassification was done strictly because of DVC, not because of additions to justify moving it from moderate to deluxe.

Fort Wilderness is fun anrea and I plan to stay there for certain scenarios. However, the change from last year to this year feels like a marketing ploy.

It’s why I can’t believe anyone in marketing thinks starting the trust with CFW at present was a smart move. Add Reflections and it may feel more like a deluxe, but we know that will take 2-3 years and from discussions about tower (plans may change).

I agree the move to deluxe was because of DVC but that is the point. DVC remains deluxe accommodations.

I do also think it depends on and when they move forward with the trust idea… and I feel confident they will.

If they do something to give owners of trust properties an advantage over owners at non trust properties then it could simply expand to be a good thing to start with something like CFW.

Just because CFW was given the 11/7 month window does not mean DVD has to stay with that in the future.

And, as I said, maybe they won’t invoke Poly tower but whatever resort comes after that and maybe it will be Reflections.

I too am looking forward to trying the cabins when we want a less park heavy trip and happy they are now part of DVC.

I agree the move to deluxe was because of DVC but that is the point. DVC remains deluxe accommodations.

I do also think it depends on and when they move forward with the trust idea… and I feel confident they will.

If they do something to give owners of trust properties an advantage over owners at non trust properties then it could simply expand to be a good thing to start with something like CFW.
Not sure I follow. Just because DVC is added to a resort doesn’t justify moving it from moderate to deluxe.
Just because CFW was given the 11/7 month window does not mean DVD has to stay with that in the future.

And, as I said, maybe they won’t invoke Poly tower but whatever resort comes after that and maybe it will be Reflections.
I agree CFW isn’t the end of the trust. No clue what will be next (tower, Reflections 2.0, maybe POR which some have suggested, YC, rumored Epcot front DVC, …).

Looking forward to seeing the CFW sales numbers in a few months to see if the new trust is being well received or not. Hopefully the July 1 opening of CFW wows the Disney fans. Otherwise, it may harm anything associated with the trust.

Not sure I follow. Just because DVC is added to a resort doesn’t justify moving it from moderate to deluxe.

I agree CFW isn’t the end of the trust. No clue what will be next (tower, Reflections 2.0, maybe POR which some have suggested, YC, rumored Epcot front DVC, …).

Looking forward to seeing the CFW sales numbers in a few months to see if the new trust is being well received or not. Hopefully the July 1 opening of CFW wows the Disney fans. Otherwise, it may harm anything associated with the trust.

I don’t think they are selling the new trust as anything different just yet. The real test will be if any properties get added to it. That’s when the sales pitch comes in.

I don’t think they are selling the new trust as anything different just yet. The real test will be if any properties get added to it. That’s when the sales pitch comes in.
I don’t know how typical we are of all Disney families (or DVC buyers) but Disney could not have convinced me to buy 350 direct points in 2023 if I thought the resale on those points would be worth less than half of what I paid for them within a few years…if a new trust is set up in a way that gives trust points priority over 7m SAP priority, I think resale values will take another huge leg down and sophisticated buyers won’t buy direct for (theoretical) access to other new resorts.

I am planning to hold BCV until expiration (and only use it at BCV or possibly BWV), and I suspect my VGF will do OK since it’s not going in the trust, but I am concerned that AUL resale points could take another big hit if, in the future, it gets harder to use them at WDW (for RIV and PVB, because the prime dates get booked with “trust points” at 8 or 9mo). I don’t have enough AUL points for the AUL specific trips my family wants to take, so it’s not an immediate worry—but I do think other families think like us and might just buy resale where they actually want to stay, vs. paying direct for a perk that may be taken away, diminished, or changed unpredictably.

They have decided to classify the accommodations as deluxe and treat them as deluxe for evening hours.

The whole value, moderate, deluxe concept is Disneys and while yes, the complexes are different…it really goes to price more than anything else for the majority of the people who are cash paying guests

I do not personally see the cabins as a downgrade though and feel they are just as DVC deluxe as many of the other properties that are in the collection.

For me, it’s the rooms and not necessarily the location per se. That’s why some have said that RIVs location should downgrade it but in now way can you say that about that resort.

We shall see what happens in the future! I still wish we could get the answers soon so everyone knows all the rules for the new tower!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter