Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

I arrived before 8:00 am. There was a long line for platinum right when I got there. I just got in that one and didn't really look for the gold line. Platinum had bib pickup too so the line moves a bit slower due to that.
About 8:25 they split the line and wrist banded everyone, then let us go there first if we wanted. Before that they we routing everybody upstairs first.

Alright. I'm waiting for my plane now, after having my last four attempts to go to WDW fall through for various reasons (2020 SW Half cancelled, 2020 W&D Half cancelled, backed out of 2021 W&D Half at my doctor's suggestion, and Hurricane Ian).

I am massively undertrained for this race - honestly, I fully expect to get swept. But, that doesn't mean I shouldn't try.

Look for the fat guy in the fluorescent yellow 2017 Star Wars Light Side Challenge shirt.

Last edited:
Race specific shoe ornament and wine glasses! This makes me happy!

Two of those backdrops look setup for characters!

I'm anxiously waiting at the airport for my flight! I like it that the virtual queue tells you an estimated wait before joining the queue.

Screenshot_20221103_095015_Disney World.jpg

All this means is they won't be making any merch money off of me during Marathon Weekend. This is WAY too much hassle to get into a glorified store. It'll be bib and shirt pick up then back to the parks!
It's amazing that this company is led by a CEO that got his start in merchandise/consumer products, and THESE are the hoops people have to go through in purchasing items.

However, he also apparently HATES the idea of waste (esp. labor costs) so maybe this is to make sure they don't have any unsold, excess inventory afterwards?

Friend is there now, waiting for their group to be called. Reports that it’s a fiasco: tons of people standing around, blocking entrance for bib pickup. CMs are not happy.

Another acquaintance had their group called… and found that there’s a long LINE to stand in once called.

Explain to me how this is better, please?

All this means is they won't be making any merch money off of me during Marathon Weekend. This is WAY too much hassle to get into a glorified store. It'll be bib and shirt pick up then back to the parks!
I'll see what's available in the leftover tent after the race, but I don't expect to buy anything at the Expo.

Friend is there now, waiting for their group to be called. Reports that it’s a fiasco: tons of people standing around, blocking entrance for bib pickup. CMs are not happy.

Another acquaintance had their group called… and found that there’s a long LINE to stand in once called.

Explain to me how this is better, please?

I was group 8 and was waiting in that crowd. The CMs asked us nicely once to push more to the side and stay out of the path, and people did. They weren't even really blocking the path, at least when I was there.

They are still using that big queue room which surprised me. I figured it wasn't needed with VQ. It was a very short line and wait in there.

I just got group 87 at 10am. We'll see when I actually get in...
I know group 50 is estimated return time 11:09 was 10:34 an hour ago

Will be interesting to see if whole party gets in as sister joined the queue checked my name and it didn’t even HAVE a spot to check her name

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter