Wk of Nov 9 -- WISH Walking & Running Club

OMG Jeff!!!!! That just ain't right at all with that MUTANT fish!! Doesn't say much about the health of the other fish!!! yuk!

Yeah, sorry about the roof. I was by myself, so you do what you gotta do. I have picture of me at most, if not every race I have done this year. I think I may do one more little 5K around Thanksgiving or beginning of Dec. Then I am making a photo book of all of my races for 2008!!

Feeling a bit sore in the glutes today, but (hehe) that's from my race yesterday. Today is a long day at work and a rest day from walking.

Have a great Monday everyone!!

Tracy

Hey team....busy busy weekend...wow I can't believe how quickly it went:scared1:

Mel: Great pace!!!!!:thumbsup2

Betsy: Good luck with your surgury:hug:

Stacie: yikes, take care of that knee!!!

Tracy: Wahooo on the PR:yay: nice trophy!

Maura: WTG on getting that 6M in!!!

Michelle: WTG on the 5K, hope you are feeling better:sick:

Tricia: Great pace!!!!

Jeff: WOW!!!!!! glad to hear you are heeling up

Jackie: your dog is so cute!!!

Lily: WTG on the 14 M.

Not much to report from me this weekend, but did see Madagascar 2:yay:

Hi WISH Team!

Chris, you hanging Christmas lights already. We’ve not had enough snow yet. Aren’t you supposed to do that in the snow?

I did my LR 14 miles yesterday. It was beautiful and 40 degrees--my kind of weather. Ugh, I am definitely undertrained and not certain about the January event. I got it done, but it really was not purty. Spent today recovering.

Sadly yes I am. With all I put up it takes me a good while. I put even less up now than before because of the running. I rarely have any time anymore to do these things so when I can I do. :thumbsup2

Good job on the 14 miles. :thumbsup2

Hi everyone! I managed to run 10.5 miles on the weekend - 7 on Saturday and 3.5 on Sunday. I think for the first time I had a pain free weekend - no piriformis, knee, sesamoid problems :yay: (better find some wood to knock on)

On Sunday, I was out the door just before 8:30 AM because I had some appointments and couldn't sleep in. Around the 1/2 mile mark, I noticed two groups of runners approaching from the opposite direction. I was pretty sure they were from the running store and they were going down the same route that I was taking. I made up my mind that I didn't want them passing me.

I kept looking back and it seemed each time they were closer so I pushed myself to run faster than I normally would. They probably thought I was nuts. They're fast so they did catch up to me but it was at the street where I turned off. Once they passed and couldn't see me anymore - I started walking :rotfl: I was pretty tired at that point but I managed to make it home and when I checked my Garmin, I ended up with close to 10 m/m! I think if I hadn't taken that walking break I would have come under 10.

Jackie - Your dog is really cute! She's so fuzzy!

Jeff - I'll have to look at the picture when I get home. I thought of the three eyed fish episode from The Simpsons. Did you throw it back or keep it?

Kim - How was Madagascar? The trailer looks funny - but I've yet to see the first one.

Tracy - Congrats on your PR!!

Stacie - My chiro is an ART practiontioner and I've found that's been a big help with my knee pain.

Tricia - I'm off to read your race report after I finish posting.

Lily - WTG! 14 miles is a long distance! How's your training going? We still have 2 months before January. At least I keep telling that to my DF (who really needs to get out and run)...

Michelle - One event a month since May!! That's awesome!!

:wave2: - to anyone I've missed!

Have a great day!!!

Jeff - I'll have to look at the picture when I get home. I thought of the three eyed fish episode from The Simpsons. Did you throw it back or keep it?

LOL, I asked all the kids with us if we were near the Springfield Nuclear Plant, and they had no idea what I was talking about. :lmao:

I was thinking of the three eyed fish as well from the Simpsons.

It was a keeper fish, so it came home with us. Probably do a big fish fry tonight.

Michelle, Tracy & Tricia - Great job on your races!!!

Jeff -Yikes! :scared1:

Chris - Hope you are feeling better today!

Vicky - Congrats on 2 pain free runs!

Mel - Good to see you here! Seeing you started it agian this weke made me smile. :goodvibes

Jackie -Your furbaby is adorable!!

AFM: We had a 10-miler on tap. Temps were upper 3s/low 40s adn rain/sleet/snow/hail all weekend. Yay. Tried out the new indoor trak. 12 laos to a mile is MOT of laps. Still, we did it adn it was bette rthan the TMs for us. NOt dreading winter runs quite so much now that I know we have a better inddor option than the TM.

Hey everyone! Trying to jump in here early so I have some hope of keeping up.

Tracy - great job and WTG girl!!! :banana:

Jeff - I concur, you aint' right. ;) And I thought of the Simpsons as well. :rotfl:

Stacie - hope that knee is better today.

Betsy - ouch and good luck with the surgery!

Maura - HEY!!

To everyone: get well, wtg on getting in the miles and be proud!!

Got in 10 miles yesterday on a very hilly course. Back of legs a little sore so keep getting up from desk to walk today.

Got a question for others who train in cold climes as this is the first winter I'm trying to get in as much outside versus the TM. How do you keep from getting cold fast right after a long run? I have to drive to trails for long distances so can't just pop back into house.

Yesterday was 35, cloudy, breezy then rained/sleeted/snowed while I was out. Dressed so was slightly cool to start then comfy once moving. However when I finished got cold so fast. Other than immediately getting into car, any ideas? Thanks

Later!

Liz - I get out of my running clothes as soon as I can. I also find that drinking something warm helps. Do you pass by a Starbucks or another coffee shop? You might be able to pop in, change your clothes in the bathroom and get something warm to drink.

Liz - Vicky's right. Best thing to do is get out of teh wet clothes ASAP. Warm beverages are good, too. So, the Starbucks bathroom is a great idea if there's nowher closer to change.

Vicky & Carrie - thanks! The trail I used yesterday has nothing (literally) around it nor between it and my house. Fortunately it's only a 20 min drive. Maybe I should pack a thermos in the car.

Have to check the other one. Nothing real close but know there's some sort of coffee shop on way to highway (it's a 40 min drive). That's the trail I'll use for the 12+ mile walks.

Carrie - Feel great today thanks!

Went out and did just over six miles in 1:02. Felt really good. It was cold out, but I got to see the sun go down as I was running towards it. When I turned around I realized just how dark it was when I was running the other way. :eek:

If only they were all like that.

Sorry for the drive-by.
I do read everything, just not enough time to tell you all how wonderful you are doing! :goodvibes

In my quest to do more, ok I mean ANY, cross training, I just finished a week 1 Biggest Loser workout.
Not too bad, although I may think differently when I wake up tomorrow! :rotfl:

AFM: We had a 10-miler on tap. Temps were upper 3s/low 40s adn rain/sleet/snow/hail all weekend. Yay. Tried out the new indoor trak. 12 laos to a mile is MOT of laps. Still, we did it adn it was bette rthan the TMs for us. NOt dreading winter runs quite so much now that I know we have a better inddor option than the TM.

You know Carrie... I am the queen of indoor tracks. Remember I did my 20 miler on a 12 laps per mile track. And I did really well... I didn't go totally insane, just partially!!! If I can do it, you can!!! Have fun going LOOPY!!!!!!!! :laughing:

Good morning team!!!!

Carrie, we are a indoor track nearby also, not sure how many laps per mile to be honest but in my opinion it beats the TM.

Vicky, I didn't like Madagascar as much as the first one but it was still cute.

Kristi, I have the Biggest Loser 2 workout and I didn't like it that much maybe I should check out #1

Liz, great job on the 10M!!!!!!

Carrie My DD alwyas hated running track in HS--the thought of even a mile in 4 laps drove her nuts. So now that she is running at college, what does she end up doing?--indoor season 5k and outdoor season 10k! All those laps, but apparently she is adjusting, especially with other teammates to run with. So I'm sure you and Scott will make it through fine.

Liz Hey, back! Sounds like your training is going great. 10 miles and hills? :worship:

Tracy Did I say yay on the PR and medal---YAY!! BTW, I've decided that we need to have a "cheat sheet" for WISH'ers doing the marathon, so that when they come to our super phenomenal water stop we can call to them by name (that's my plan and I'm sticking with it!) Gotta figure out if this would work, or if we'd just be too busy--never volunteered for a race with 20,000 people before !!!

AFM, ramped up to 4.5 miles today and a 1% grade on the TM. Managed to make it through (boy is this hard work! Does anyone else feel like this is harder than "work" work?) So drinking my coffee getting ready for a teleconference "Optimal Organizational Design for R&D". We'll see if it's any good.

And still no update on my proof of time for the half. Sent it in twice--over a week ago. Are they ever going to acknowledge it? Has anyone else actually had their status updated on the verification tool?

Maura

Maura, no worries, everyones name is printed on there bibs.

We did waterstop 22 I think it was last year and had time to shout out to all the WISHers!!!!

Here's WISHing all our women & men in the Armed Forces, and those who have served our country, happy Veteran's Day.

We thank you for your honor and dedication.

3dflags_usa0001-0003a.gif

Jen - I knew you were teh queen, but I could not remeber track size or distance. SHould have known you did your 20 that way. I really ho[pe not to have to go any farther, as my kneees and bad hmmy felt liek they took a toll before I'd switch directions each mile.

Chris - WOw, you really are feeling ebtter. Woo hoo!

Maura - I ran outdoor and indoor track in HS. Hated teh 2 mile outside, despised it inside on a 1/8 track. Can't believe I got over my mental track phobia. ;) SOrry about all teh issues with your proof of time. I just dream of actually needing it someday. ;)

LIz - Bummer on not having a palce to change. :( HOpe the thermos helps. Maybe you can at least bring stuff to change out your outer layers?

LOL, I asked all the kids with us if we were near the Springfield Nuclear Plant, and they had no idea what I was talking about. :lmao:

I was thinking of the three eyed fish as well from the Simpsons.

It was a keeper fish, so it came home with us. Probably do a big fish fry tonight.

Now I feel old :rotfl: I thought everyone knew about The Simpsons!

Hope the catfish was yummy!!!

Kim - The DVD I have is Biggest Loser "Power Sculpt." In the menu, you pick which week you are on doing the w/o, and it increases as you continue on for 6 weeks. I am starting to feel last night's w/o a as the day wears on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter