Wk Of Oct 21 - WISH Walking/Running Club

Hi all!

I just got back in town last night from my trip to San Francisco. Sorry in advance, I haven't had time to read the posts for this week. Hope all is going well with everyone's training.

The Nike Women's marathon weekend was FAB-U-LOUS (borrowing from Judy here). I highly recommend this for all the ladies out there...and the men too! I think there was around 23,000 women and 500 men. I would think the men would enjoy being surrounded by all these lovely ladies. However, they might not like the Tiffany necklace (medal) or the pink finisher's shirt. ;) Last year the color was blue. Next year is the 5th anniversary. Maybe Nike and Tiffanys will do something special for it. Sorry, just babbling here. I really do recommend this event. It's kind of neat running by the ocean, seeing the Golden Gate Bridge and other landmarks and hoping to get a glimpse of Robin Williams as we run by his house.

I went for a 3-mile walk/run tonight and I am STIFF from this past weekend's half-marathon. I felt like I could barely move. I hope I get my groove back by Sat. night for the ToT. This may be a scary run in more ways than one.
Yikes!

I hope everyone has a good week with their training. Here's some :wizard: for those nursing injuries or illnesses.

I'm so jealous of all of you on your way to TOT right now! These are the times I really wish I lived in the states so it would be easier to go to all these cool races. But alas, I'm 8000 miles and a $1300 plane ticket away. Good luck to all of you and drink a 3 layer margarita for me in Mexico (after the race of course, ) :) Good job to everyone getting their runs in this week. It's 5pm here in Japan and I'm currently trying to convince myself to get out for a run before it gets too dark. Happy running!

Kristin

Hi Everyone!

Training is going great this year. I feel so good that it scares me. Everyone told me that a year of training would make a huge difference and they were right!

I skipped my second run yesterday to watch my dd9's softball tournament. I am counting it as cross training, since I never sat down the entire game and I was jumping up and down so much my knees are sore today. oops.

I normally, though, do not count shows, dancing, rehersal as exercise on my training log.....maybe I should start.;)
I think you should count them. Although, I don't count the hours I spend warming DD9 up to pitch for a softball game and yet all that squating can ruin a run. I also don't count playing flag football with the kids.... Silly aren't we?

How do you deal with loose dogs? Should I carry one of those whistles that hurt dogs ears when you blow it? Would that even work?
After I got bit by a dog when we lived in Mississippi, I carried pepper spray on my belt for my runs. It took me a long time to get comfortable on my runs in that area but I did regain my confidence. And a few months later, I had to use the spray on the same dog. He never bothered me again.
Oh, and I did tell his owner that he had bitten me and that if he came close again I would spray him. The owner said "whatever you need to do, he bites everyone." Hello? and you leave him loose? gees.

I'm so jealous of all of you on your way to TOT right now!

I am jealous too Kristin and I am not half way around the world! It sounds like so much fun too. However, my kids would mutiny if I took two trips to Disney without them in one year!

Oh and GOOD LUCK on your races this weekend everyone! I hope everyone has a great time at TOT and MCM. Can't wait to read the reports!

Cecilia

Good luck to the WISH teams at MCM and the ToT this weekend.

I try to stay lighthearted on these boards, but I thought I would express some of the reasons why I have become "Inspired to Stay Healthy:"

- I tried to do a few pushups and discovered that certain body parts refuse to leave the floor.

- My loving children were looking through my wedding album and wanted to know who mom's/DW's first husband was.

- I got winded just saying the words "Disney Half Marathon".

- I had come to the conclusion that if God really wanted me to touch my toes, He would have put them somewhere around my knees.

- I analyzed my body honestly and decided it was a good thing I had a sense of humor.

- I stepped on a talking scale and it told me, "Come back when you are alone."

Thank you everyone for your encouraging reports on your progress. Even though the above still apply to me, I am inspired to work to get healthy and stay there this time.

- I got winded just saying the words "Disney Half Marathon".

:rotfl:

- I stepped on a talking scale and it told me, "Come back when you are alone."

:lmao:

Thank you everyone for your encouraging reports on your progress. Even though the above still apply to me, I am inspired to work to get healthy and stay there this time.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :banana: Stick around these parts Bill, we are glad you are here!:grouphug:

Hello team!! I'm getting more jealous by the minute of those of you that are going to or are in the world right now. I'm stuck with going to work and dodging kids on bikes while running. I took a new route this morning and it took me right past an elementary school . There was kids everywhere and I almost got hit by a bike on more than one occasion. Cars are more cautious in a road than a 8 year old on a sidewalk. Well...I guess I won't take that route this time of day again...lol. Anywho...I went to get a hydration belt last night at a local running store and the sales lady was so nice. She and I talked about water, electrolyte and "gu" needs while running. She also asked what races I have in mind for the upcoming months and almost has me talked into the half on Nov 18th. I'm not quite sure I'll be ready to run the whole thing though. I'm going to run from my house to my parents for my long run on Sunday (10 miles) so we'll see how that goes. I'm off to get ready for work...ugh.

Hope all of you traveling for the race this weekend have a great time!! Happy training for the rest of us and happy healing to the injured!

Tricia - Good luck on your 5K...you'll do great!!!

Lou - All this Forbidden Drive talk is making me want to travel there just to run!! LOL! You should take pics!!!

Angie - Grr...that dog story infuriates me! I'm a dog lover and have taken in two troubled dogs in the last 10 years and if my youngest was able to live with other dogs I'm sure I'd have more. It's people like that, who don't take responsibility, that gives dog's a bad name. Only bad owners would let there dogs out by traffic to run without a leash...and by a HIGHWAY!!!! Is it a controlled neighborhood that has an association or something of the like? You could call the head of the association and make a formal complaint. OR you could just call the police and report it. Most cities have a leash law. I would definitely tell somebody, but give it a few before you use that route. I hope you don't hate dogs even more now because of some stupid owners mistakes.
:sad2:

Susie - Congrats on the Nike marathon!!!

Bill - You crack me up with your reasons to WISH! :rotfl2: Too funny!

Bill - OMG your post was positively hysterical!! :lmao:

Optimator Mike - I WISH you were coming to ToT.... :hug:

Stephanie - I NEED TO TALK TO YOU! Where are you???? :confused3

Susie - You can borrow my FAB-U-LOUS anytime! :thumbsup2

I forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS to Susie and other Nike Halfers/Tiffany neckless earners.

Also, Bill/wfloyd, any new episodes of COPS in which I should be looking for you?

I can definately tell that there are alot of our WISHers already down in WDW!! The boards have gotten awful quite lately!! I can't wait, we leave first thing Saturday morning. I think this is the first time that my ENTIRE family is excited to be going to one of my races!! DH is excited about the after party at MGM (see it's DS6's first time where he's tall enough for Rock'n'Roller Coaster!!), DS6 keeps talking about how he can't wait to meet everyone to tell them thank you for their donations (he even made me write down names and pack them so we don't miss anyone), and I am stoked about this race (on top of the fact that my BFF from all of my school years is planning on meeting us there!!). I am running off now to get some more house work done before we leave. I can't wait to see you all there!! Look for me, I'll be in my WISH shirt and DH will be in his too!!

Dana

Also, Bill/wfloyd, any new episodes of COPS in which I should be looking for you?

I hope not, I am keeping my head low to avoid detection. Although since I am a perfect angel, it is probably not needed. :rotfl2:

Although Vic may be on a secret spy mission to try and catch me this weekend. Little does he know that he is actually faster than me and I will be behind him for the race. :rolleyes1

Bill

Hi guys! Guess you'll be seeing me more often on this thread - I signed up for my first half last night! :woohoo:
I'll be doing the ING Georgia in late March with DH. I'm so nervous I almost feel sick to my tummy thinking about it! :scared1:

I'm trying to motivate myself by thinking if I survive we will do the WDW Half in January 2009. I need Cindy's castle as a goal. :lmao:

Yay, Shan!!! THat is a very do-able goal!!! YOu have 5 months to train. And you are already so fit and far along the path! :goodvibes

Wow, it sure is quiet around here! I am just making a last stop here to say "hi" and "bye".
We leave for the airport at 4:30 am and my PT and I are in agreement that the worst part of this episode for me may be the plane ride, since being on my feet is less painful than sitting at this point. :laughing:

So, keep the home fires burning, all of our teammates who are maintaining the status quo here! Know that your teammates at MCM and ToT are there because of the encouragement and support and advice we get here among friends.

Thank you for all the good WISHes and positive vibes. See you next week!

Good luck to all the TOT runners! Have a great time, and represent us WISHers well. We'll be thinking of you while we're in DC.

I hope not, I am keeping my head low to avoid detection. Although since I am a perfect angel, it is probably not needed. :rotfl2:

Although Vic may be on a secret spy mission to try and catch me this weekend. Little does he know that he is actually faster than me and I will be behind him for the race. :rolleyes1

Bill

Oh, I'm going to find you.

I owe you a stern talking to for being out on the streets without an ID card. :sad2: :rotfl:

Lou - All this Forbidden Drive talk is making me want to travel there just to run!! LOL! You should take pics!!!

Eva - The plan is to take a digital camera with me on the LR this weekend. I figure this will be one of the last weekends to get photos while there are still lots of leaves on the trees. If you do travel to the Philadelphia area Forbidden Drive is definitely a place to see via a run. Since you can't drive a car there the only way to experience the drive is on foot. It's like running through history.

Eva - The plan is to take a digital camera with me on the LR this weekend. I figure this will be one of the last weekends to get photos while there are still lots of leaves on the trees. If you do travel to the Philadelphia area Forbidden Drive is definitely a place to see via a run. Since you can't drive a car there the only way to experience the drive is on foot. It's like running through history.

YAY!! Can't wait for pictures!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter