Your Favorite Photograph that YOU have taken on Disney Grounds

I have more than one from my December 2011 trip:

From the monorail:

IMG8628final-L.jpg

And one because I rarely get a decent night shot:

IMG7289ed-L.jpg

And me being the mother of a prince, love this one of two of the sweetest unknown little princesses:

IMG6552ed-1-L.jpg

I'm not not an expert like most on here but this was one of my first shots experimenting photographing fireworks

e2670d77.jpg

mainst_1000541.jpg

This is one of my favorites because of no flagpole and "magic lighting" time of day.

I'm not not an expert like most on here but this was one of my first shots experimenting photographing fireworks

e2670d77.jpg

I quite like the smokey mix of colors across the center :)

mainst_1000541.jpg

This is one of my favorites because of no flagpole and "magic lighting" time of day.

Love this! :thumbsup2 You're right - the lighting is magical. I also love how you've got the warm lighting on the buidings on the sides with the 'cool' sky and castle in the center and then all the bright clothing on the guests down Main Street. Awesome!

It also looked just a little busy there on Main Street that day. Did you take this from the Main Street Station?

It also looked just a little busy there on Main Street that day. Did you take this from the Main Street Station?

Yep, this was taken from Main Street Station. The 45mm angle of view (micro 4/3) makes the scene look busier than it actually was.

@Traylorc...if you don't mind my asking how are you getting that "painting-like" effect on your photos? They are just stunning...like a painting I could hang on the wall. Thanks!

Thank you for the kind words.

I absolutely love color....so I often shoot with my picture control set on Vivid. In fact, I customized the Vivid setting to increase the amount of saturation. Now that doesn't work for every shot, but for a place like Walt Disney Worlds highly vivid, highly saturated shots seem appropriate.

I also use Lightroom 4 and some plug ins from Topaz Labs. Using programs like Lightroom or Topaz Labs are no substitute for good composition, proper exposure, good white balance, or taking a tack sharp picture. But these programs can give your pictures a little "tweek".

I quite like the smokey mix of colors across the center :)

Thank you so much! I'm hoping DH will surprise me with a DSLR camera before we go back to Disney in September, I planted the seed the other night with him that's what I really want. ;)

Thank you so much! I'm hoping DH will surprise me with a DSLR camera before we go back to Disney in September, I planted the seed the other night with him that's what I really want. ;)

Hmm, posting links to the specific item and sending emails then serving cake and coffee might be effective ;)

Traylorc, that castle shot is beautiful. Love all the blue tones in there :thumbsup2

I know you prefer to shoot at the 'good' times of the day, but what else do you do to get the lighting effect that all your images seem to have? They all have a glow that looks almost like it's shining through the image from behind. Even the cooler tones look like they are glowing. How do you do that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter