Your favourite shot at the moment...

Very rare shot nowadays...
at a conference for my work last weekend we just learned it is a federal offense to enter railway property. They consider it "interfering with interstate commerce" or something like that. $10K fine if caught and convicted. Just a heads up for anyone else wnating to try that shot.

and I assume many would have loved to try to reproduce it. It is a spectacular viewpoint and image.

Mikeeee
Is this really true? :confused3

I'm guessing that in my home town, the cops would say "GET OFF THE TRACKS!" and that would be the end of it. No fine. Been there, done that. I highly doubt that most local police would even bother.

However, if the law exists, it should be known that it can be enforced.

Is this really true? :confused3

I'm guessing that in my home town, the cops would say "GET OFF THE TRACKS!" and that would be the end of it. No fine. Been there, done that. I highly doubt that most local police would even bother.

However, if the law exists, it should be known that it can be enforced.

Yep, those local metra cops... are FEDERAL MARSHALS!!!

Mikeeee

a while ago there was a tread bout something similar and i think it was due to homeland security...yrs ago probably would be so you wouldn't hurt the train if it hit you:lmao:even then i know it was trespassing ( knew someone who was sitting on the tracks got hit and they said she was trespassing)

a while ago there was a tread bout something similar and i think it was due to homeland security...yrs ago probably would be so you wouldn't hurt the train if it hit you:lmao:even then i know it was trespassing ( knew someone who was sitting on the tracks got hit and they said she was trespassing)

I'm sure it is considered trespassing. It can be (as you mentioned) very dangerous too. That is probably why there are rules in place. I just tend to doubt that the enforcement of those rules (other than getting yelled at) is very strict in most places. The rules are most likely made to cover the train company's butts incase someone gets hit, is my guess.

All this being said, I don't think I will go out on a train track with a train coming and take it's picture, although I like the looks of them! I'll leave that to others to take them.

ps. Anyone ever put pennies on a train track? That is probably punishable by life in prison somehow! :lmao: Defacing currency, trespassing, the works!

Ok, I'll try to get this thread back on topic even though I have been a major contributor for getting it off topic.

Here are my two favorite shots:

November.jpg

and

IMG_8949.jpg

The first was taken at AK in November. I love it and have it framed on my wall. The second was taken last week at Myakka River State Park in Florida. I love it because I love taking photos of herons/egrets and the great blue heron has and always will be my favorite. I just wish the light was slightly better for that shot.

Great pictures everyone.
ps. Anyone ever put pennies on a train track? That is probably punishable by life in prison somehow! :lmao: Defacing currency, trespassing, the works!

Too funny. We used to walk a length of train tracks to our junior high school, and we'd always flatten a few coins. Don't remember too many pressed penny machines back then. (god, I'm getting old)

Jen, I love that shot of the fisherman. Just beautiful.

Here is one of my favorite pictures I took with my sony cybershot a couple summers ago.
august2006135.jpg

Back in PA my dad, as a kid, walked the tracks picking up the pieces of coal that fell from the train cars. It was one of his chores, hehehehehee

Oh and as long as the OP doesn't mind a little "derailment" its nice to see a thread moving on the photo board, heheheheheee It got kind of quiet here for a week or so.

Mikeeee

I am still trying to pick my favorite. I think it is gdads hippo! Disgustingly beautiful!

Great shots all- Two of mine I like from a recent portrait session...

236329015_SWA7P-XL.jpg

237716366_6xVBZ-XL.jpg

I never wanted to be so close to a cat...

when he looks at ya, you can see... he's workin' things out.
My favorite image at the moment.

IMG_6616web.jpg

jen the fisher guy is perfect, the reeds are perfect, the color is perfect, the ripples are perfect...making a million horizons.
I can't decide between these two. They are very different - but I love both of them.

250467764_p7faY-L.jpg

same with this one. Looks perfect. Ok I would like a 1/10 thinner border, hehehee
Great shots all- Two of mine I like from a recent portrait session...
237716366_6xVBZ-XL.jpg

From a couple of weeks ago at Ocean City, MD these are photos of snow on the beach

February2008014.jpg

February2008017.jpg

Andrew, it looks like you are really paying attention to your lessons. Good job on the bird.

Here's my first lightbox work. I need to continue to work at it but this one I like the best at the moment.

IMG_7099.jpg

Just so everyone is aware, the train was probably almost a half a mile away, when I took that shot. The tracks are right behind my place, & in order to walk to some locations, I have to cross those tracks.

I would never, ever, do anything to puy myself, or anyone else in danger, to get a photo.

I am headed off to WDW in a couple of days, & will post some, more appropriate photos here :thumbsup2

PB

Yeah..it must be flat where you are in the Prairies...Cool shot...Our laws here in Canada are more of the "Don't get yourself killed there, ok EH?"

;)

Nice pics everyone...I am way impressed.

Here is my 3 favsT EPCOT from WDW this trip...
Italy
IMG_2913.jpg

Near the United Kingdom...

IMG_1745.jpg

Imagination...I just like the reflection and the sky...

IMG_1627.jpg

Not bad for a point and shoot...I can't wait till I buy the Canon 40D this summer.:cool2:

Ok, this is my favorite now.....(with a new baby, I think everyone I take is my favorite :) )

2298476779_505c4057f2.jpg

..."Yeah..it must be flat where you are in the Prairies...Cool shot...Our laws here in Canada are more of the "Don't get yourself killed there, ok EH?"...:lmao:

i wondered about the train cause with the tracks so wavy i thought i had to be a distance away
gdad, the curve of the guitar in the second = really nice
furgus, you have an unfair advantage;) ..what a pretty baby!

This is my current favorite photo of the moment. It looks great as the wallpaper on my monitor. Of course, it helps that the one in the middle will be ours in 10 days. ;)

031.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter