8/17/08 Captain Jack's Repossession Repo Cruise to PC thru TPC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are fast! And I thank you for that because I was starting to freak out that I neeeded to be on some special list and I'm not. So it sounds like it fills up quick and the prices raise quickly as well. Darn, I have a cruise on 2/25 I would have loved to book the repo on for my 10% and credit, oh well!

Here's my suggestion:

Book on Jan 31st for the 2008 cruise you want -- leave it with DCL, do not do it through a TA (for now)

When you cruise on Feb 25th have the onboard rebooking CM price out the 2008 cruise for you with the 10% discount and $200 OBC. If it's a better deal, have her book it, have her cancel the ressie you made on Jan 31st and move the deposit to your new ressie.

If the onboard deal isn't good, stick with the original ressie knowing you got the best deal possible.

AFTER your 2/25 cruise you can then transfer your reservation to a TA if you desire to do so.

Andy, Lake County is just a few miles from me. Are you close to Clermont or closer like to the Villages? Cool we are neighbors. How often do you get down to our sunny part of the world?

Stacey -----which billboard would you like. Is there a really large one facing the boat in California right beside the port?

This is awesome we have 6 pages before they have even announced the cruise.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :thumbsup2 :lmao: We are positive thinkers!!!!!

Our place is just across the St Johns River from Deland. Our mail actually comes from the Deland post office, even though Deland is in Volusia County. We have friends that live in Groveland and it takes us a little over an hour to get to their place from our place.

We try to get down when we can, if we aren't cruising that is, LOL!!! :lmao:

We made three trips to Florida last year, but two of those trips were for cruises. Sometimes I fly down for a long weekend to visit with my mom. :)

pirate:

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: Yeah ...Lisa is gonna join us .....I told Melissa and she is overjoyed that your going to be going ..

pirate:

If we end up on this cruise maybe we can link dining. I mean our families...though I may have forgotten about the 12/9 cruise linking by then. ;) Are you guys still going on the Med western repo?

You guys are fast! And I thank you for that because I was starting to freak out that I neeeded to be on some special list and I'm not. So it sounds like it fills up quick and the prices raise quickly as well. Darn, I have a cruise on 2/25 I would have loved to book the repo on for my 10% and credit, oh well!

Check the price when you are onboard. If it hasn't gone up much they can fix it for you. :thumbsup2

If we end up on this cruise maybe we can link dining. I mean our families...though I may have forgotten about the 12/9 cruise linking by then. ;) Are you guys still going on the Med western repo?

Yeah that would be great ... Yes we are still on the Med Repo ..Cant wait for that. The reason the Repo's are appealling is that Melissa likes to go to different ports ...Between the 6 Carnival cruises and the 3 Disneys so far we have pretty much seen the western and eastern caribbean enough , now she wants to do the longer cruises with different ports so the Med repo was perfect for us ...didnt want to do the Med cruise cause we werent at the ports long enough ....So when the talk of PC came up she didnt even blink an eye she said book when it comes avail .....Then when we are on the Med Repo we may rebook if its cheaper with all the discounts ....But I will be on the phone at 4:30 am trying to get a spot in line ...lol

pirate:

Lisa--:scratchin OK you have our curiosity peaked---what happened with your linked dining?

Ok you guys got me so much in the mood I had to even change my avatar. Since I am such a computer illiterate it has now taken me all evening to get it just the right file size..... There must be an easier way.

Whatcha think???????

Lisa--:scratchin OK you have our curiosity peaked---what happened with your linked dining?

Let's just say it turned into quite a project...especially when combined with everything else. :) It was a perfect example of biting off more than you can chew...but I didn't know it at the time I made the offer. We ended up with almost 250 people linked between early & late dining. It was great to be able to pick our rotation and have everyone seated together at dinner though.

Ok since we know the when and where of this cruise, today I decided to start looking at how much. I have made a list of the Westbound Europe Repo prices broken down by first 2 pax, and 3rd and 4th addtional pax. I went through each category (no transfers or insurance). Listed % for 3rd and fourth passenger of the 1-2 pax price. Since prices have been out for a while I would assume that they are higher than originally released. But Disney will probably not make the new prices for PC repo to attractive or lose people from the Med Repo. Anyway I am hoping that we can knock off at least one category to the price. Now lets see if I can get the columns to line up. All prices are for 4 pax.

Total Pax 1-2 3rd 4th
Cat 11 $6666 $2141 58% 53%(of Pax 1-2 price)
Cat 10 $7066 $2341 49% 53%
Cat 9 $8066 $2741 49% 45%
Cat 8 $9066 $3041 57% 47%
Cat 6 $10866 $3741 44% 46%
Cat 5 $11066 $3841 43% 45%
Cat 4 $12266 $4440 39% 37%

At least something to think about.

Ok since we know the when and where of this cruise, today I decided to start looking at how much. I have made a list of the Westbound Europe Repo prices broken down by first 2 pax, and 3rd and 4th addtional pax. I went through each category (no transfers or insurance). Listed % for 3rd and fourth passenger of the 1-2 pax price. Since prices have been out for a while I would assume that they are higher than originally released. But Disney will probably not make the new prices for PC repo to attractive or lose people from the Med Repo. Anyway I am hoping that we can knock off at least one category to the price. Now lets see if I can get the columns to line up. All prices are for 4 pax.

Total Pax 1-2 3rd 4th

Egads!! I hope not, considering my 2005 repo was $5800 for 3 pax in a cat 7 (booked the first day available). If this time around it's going to be $3k more to start with they'll run into the problem of not filling the CA repos ... forget about the problem with the Med repos.

I'm going to remain positive ;) and think the 2008 pricing will be better ... where are my rose colored glasses any way??

though I may have forgotten about the 12/9 cruise linking by then.

I heard it's like having a baby....you forget the pain and end up doing it all over again, anyway! :p
Hey...I've done it twice, YOU can do it twice! :cheer2:

I gotta tell you my TA booked the cruise for us within the first hour. It was about half of these prices. We had a cat 11 and a cat 6 and the price was similar to a normal western cruise. (6 of us and I think the total was $9000) We have since cancelled but whew-------no wonder they aren't full.

Egads!! I hope not, considering my 2005 repo was $5800 for 3 pax in a cat 7 (booked the first day available). If this time around it's going to be $3k more to start with they'll run into the problem of not filling the CA repos ... forget about the problem with the Med repos.

I'm going to remain positive ;) and think the 2008 pricing will be better ... where are my rose colored glasses any way??

Here they are....:3dglasses (close, anyway) But you'd better share.....<choke, choke, sputter, sputter> I'm trying to swallow those prices!:crazy2:

Total Pax 1-2 3rd 4th

I sure hope not! If this is what it is, we aren't going to be booking it. 6000 is my limit for a cat 10.

I heard it's like having a baby....you forget the pain and end up doing it all over again, anyway! :p
Hey...I've done it twice, YOU can do it twice! :cheer2:

I couldn't have done that at all without all of your help. :) Thanks again! On this one you have more experience than I do so I don't want to keep everyone from getting the best person for the job. ;) :lmao:

I couldn't have done that at all without all of your help. :) Thanks again! On this one you have more experience than I do so I don't want to keep everyone from getting the best person for the job. ;) :lmao:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Too late...I already NOMINATE LISA! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Total Pax 1-2 3rd 4th

Funny I started to think about this today too. We booked the Eastbound Panama repo on the first day and the Westbound Med repo on the first day. I know the prices for the Med. Repo went DOWN since booking on the first day.

2005 Panama Repo. Cat. 8 for 2 adults and 1 child (was 8 at the time)
just under $5,000 (no insurance, air or transfers)

2007 Med Repo.
We were originally quoted over $5959 for a Cat. 10 for 2 adults and child 10 years old (the prices have gone down)
today the same cat. 10 prices out @ $5824.83
Cat. 8 $7,524.83
Cat. 6 $9,124.83

I am assuming the pricing will stay the same. I would doubt we will ever see some of the prices of the first Repo. cruises in 2005. I remember our 2 weeks cost the same as the 1 week Mexico cruises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter