A Jolly Holiday with Masseys: THE TRIP REPORT - WDW Dec2019

More Magic Kingdom Fun - January 26th

It was now time to ride some favorites in Tomorrowland.

Up first was a tribute to Dennis - Buzz.

Danielle kicked my "you know what".

And then a relaxing ride on "The People Mover" and a quick look at the Tron progress at that point.

We hopped off "The People Mover" and headed towards Fantasyland. Along the way we spotted @pkondz 's trees.

And now I'm having a Senior Moment because I don't know what we did for the next hour. The next thing I have is us enjoying a treat we had been wanting for awhile. Twice I tried to get one of these in December but I guess The Cheshire Cat Cafe closes early. We finally got this and we both loved it! The Cat Tail.

Proceeding through Fantasyland we shopped a little in Sir Mickey's and Danielle got Pixie Dusted.

We saw a few little princesses get dusted and they were great about dusting Danielle too.

From there it was just a short walk over to check out her new "home" at CRT.

Up Next is a new attraction for both of us.

Danielle kicked my "you know what".
Your ankle? Was it your ankle?

Also, she appears to have overwhelmingly outscored you.
Finally!
You have no idea how many TRs I've read where the obligatory foot shot has been skipped!
Along the way we spotted @pkondz 's trees.
:thumbsup2
And now I'm having a Senior Moment because I don't know what we did for the next hour.
I know!
You were in WDW. Specifically, MK.

You're welcome.
Twice I tried to get one of these in December but I guess The Cheshire Cat Cafe closes early. We finally got this and we both loved it!
Glad you liked it. I did not, but I was expecting something more... breakfasty?
I might try it again, now that I know more what I'm getting into.
Proceeding through Fantasyland we shopped a little in Sir Mickey's and Danielle got Pixie Dusted.
:goodvibes
From there it was just a short walk over to check out her new "home" at CRT.
:sad1:

Depends. I don't mind the occasional one.

We enjoy it so give a try.

Your ankle? Was it your ankle?

Little higher up.

Also, she appears to have overwhelmingly outscored you.

That she did.

Finally!
You have no idea how many TRs I've read where the obligatory foot shot has been skipped!

Happy to oblige. Too bad we won't be seeing any for awhile since it's still closed.

I know!
You were in WDW. Specifically, MK.

You're welcome.

Gee Thanks! I don't know how I could forget that.;)

Glad you liked it. I did not, but I was expecting something more... breakfasty?
I might try it again, now that I know more what I'm getting into.

Something sweet was just what we were looking for. I hope you like it more next time.

We enjoy it so give a try.
Just might have to do that. :)
Little higher up.
Sorry about your knee.

If it gets any higher than that, we'll have to leave the family board... :rolleyes1
Happy to oblige. Too bad we won't be seeing any for awhile since it's still closed.
Yeah. :(
Gee Thanks! I don't know how I could forget that.;)
That's what I'm here for!
Something sweet was just what we were looking for. I hope you like it more next time.
We'll see. :)

Even More Magic Kingdom Fun-January 26th

After we paid our respects to CRT it was time to try something new to us. Believe it or not neither one of us have ever taken a ride on The Liberty Belle.

It was a beautiful morning for our first trip. We sat on the bottom near the from of the boat. I think I would like to try the top next time just for a different view. It was a lovely ride and I did see some sites I have never seen before. I don't think this is something I would do every trip but it's a nice break on a unhurried trip.

After our journey it was time for some lunch. Luckily we were right by our favorite CS, Columbia Harbor House. There was a crowd outside so we use mobile ordering. It was great on this trip. Last month it wasn't so great since everyone had to use it.

We grabbed a table upstairs to enjoy our Lobster rolls.

I really miss these!
Danielle is modeling her Frozen Lemonade.

After lunch we had a little bit of time before our next attraction so we found a quiet spot in Adventurland to relax.

Any guesses where we are?

Continued in next post. . . .

Continued.

Here is another clue.

It has been years since we visited the Country Bears so this trip was perfect to get reacquainted.

We enjoyed the show and I'm really glad we did it. I think I would like to take JP in the future.

Staying in the same area we headed to the Jungle Cruise.

We survived our cruise and headed towards the other side of the park. On our way out of Adventureland we wanted to try to find Club 33. We did find this.

We did a little shopping in Memento Mori and in Frontierland but didn't purchase anything. We did visit with several DCPers that were "earning their ears". I have a habit of trying to tell all the CMs that Danielle was there to start her DCP. I know I embarrassed her many times on this trip and on our December trip.

We grabbed another photopass picture but the sun was really in our eyes. I also remember the CM was very enthusiastic about her job

We made our way to Fantasyland to ride the seashells.

We were really going all over the park and enjoying our day.

Up next back to Tomorrowland.

Believe it or not neither one of us have ever taken a ride on The Liberty Belle.
Um...

:rolleyes1

I have ridden in DL, but never in MK. I really need to fix that.
It was a lovely ride and I did see some sites I have never seen before. I don't think this is something I would do every trip but it's a nice break on a unhurried trip.
Nice shots. I wonder what the significance (if any) of the little boat is?
Luckily we were right by our favorite CS, Columbia Harbor House.
I finally got to try that, my last trip. :)
We grabbed a table upstairs to enjoy our Lobster rolls.
::yes:: That's what I had to have. Good!
Any guesses where we are?
Aloha Isle?
Here is another clue.

I've never seen that. If you hadn't said Adventureland, I would've maybe changed my answer to the Tangled Tinkle Spot as it almost looks like her long hair.
We survived our cruise
Phew! Came out with your heads intact!
On our way out of Adventureland we wanted to try to find Club 33. We did find this.
Looks like you found it. :)
We did a little shopping in Memento Mori and in Frontierland but didn't purchase anything.
I love that place. But... I rarely buy anything.
I have a habit of trying to tell all the CMs that Danielle was there to start her DCP. I know I embarrassed her many times on this trip and on our December trip.
As you should.
Both tell them... and embarrass them.
We were really going all over the park and enjoying our day.
Good! :)

I have ridden in DL, but never in MK. I really need to fix that.

Yes you do, when you can come back and once it's back running. It's another attraction under refurbishment.

Nice shots. I wonder what the significance (if any) of the little boat is?

I would think it has something to do with Tom Sawyer or Huck.

I finally got to try that, my last trip. :)

Yeah!

::yes:: That's what I had to have. Good!

It really was. Nice big chunks of lobster.

Aloha Isle?

Nope.

I've never seen that. If you hadn't said Adventureland, I would've maybe changed my answer to the Tangled Tinkle Spot as it almost looks like her long hair.

I think the symbol is for the card game. While we were sitting there someone came in to play and set off part of the game.

Looks like you found it. :)

I think we did.

I love that place. But... I rarely buy anything.

Same. Danielle was eyeing the hat box heads in the jars. I think she wanted to wait until she had access to her discount but sadly never did get them. Michelle made some purchases last month. She made purchases everywhere last month!

As you should.
Both tell them... and embarrass them.

Totally agree, that's why we have kids.

Yes you do, when you can come back and once it's back running. It's another attraction under refurbishment.
Hadn't known that. Not that it matters, at the moment, for me.
I would think it has something to do with Tom Sawyer or Huck.
Maybe? Don't remember something like that from the books, but... :confused3
It really was. Nice big chunks of lobster.
::yes::
Shoot.
I think the symbol is for the card game. While we were sitting there someone came in to play and set off part of the game.
Ah.
Same. Danielle was eyeing the hat box heads in the jars. I think she wanted to wait until she had access to her discount but sadly never did get them.
Shame, that. Chance of that happening again?
Michelle made some purchases last month. She made purchases everywhere last month!
:laughing: Good for her!
Totally agree, that's why we have kids.
And to do the dishes.

Great updates. Sounds like such a lovely leisurely time in the park. I love your photos from the Liberty Belle. I’ve ridden it a couple of times over the years especially when my kids needed s break from the madness in MK in July.

Hadn't known that. Not that it matters, at the moment, for me.

:hug: But maybe there is hope for the future. Vaccines are getting really close.

Maybe? Don't remember something like that from the books, but... :confused3

I don't either.

Chance of that happening again?

Very slim.

And to do the dishes.

And take out the trash.

Great updates.

Thank you!

Sounds like such a lovely leisurely time in the park.

It really was. Back then Danielle thought she had months to enjoy the parks and I thought I would be back in April. Seems like a lifetime ago.

I love your photos from the Liberty Belle. I’ve ridden it a couple of times over the years especially when my kids needed s break from the madness in MK in July.

I enjoyed seeing all the sites. The LB is a good place to get away from the crowds.

We have 2 vaccines here in the US that are really close and both are showing over 90% effective.
I know!!
Soooo hoping they can start production for the masses soon.
That's right, you don't have a son. My oldest was responsible for the garbage when he was still here. Now when he visits he just does it.
The only one here that "just does it", is me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter