• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

A Sickie, 3 Hotels, 6 Parks, Boyfriend Drama and Fun Galore:

You are like me with the getting up early in the morning. But I'm worried about Morgan being as white as a ghost.

I can't remember the last time I was IN Universal...I want to say it was 2004. I enjoy seeing the pictures as it is doubtful I'll ever go back. But it looks like a fun morning. I've heard great things about that express pass.
Morgan was white as a ghost that morning...she was asleep before 8pm on Thursday night and she was whiter when she arrived at my house on New Year's day at 2:30 am...She had worked all day sick, then packed, watched the ball drop with her Mom and step dad then came to my house. I stopped at Sheets because she was hungry...Nothing like a sheets run at 3am on New Years. She does look better by my birthday. I really think she had the flu...amazingly Mom never got sick. I got sick after we got home. I wasn't surprised. I had the flu shot but the flu strain here was not what was vaccinated for.

We loved Universal...Disney needs to step up its game with what is coming in AK and at HS. The express pass was wonderful. The days we were there it was 89 dollars a day extra in addition to the cost of the ticket so it paid us to stay there. It made the difference in riding dualing dragons both red and blue in 15 minutes or taking 40 minutes to ride 1. Morgan and I were able to ride roller coasters and leave Mom people watching for 15 minutes with a drink and a snack vs an hour which we could not have done. It also made most rides a walk on or 10 minutes or less. We also liked staying at Royal Pacific Resort. We used the water taxi's but there was a nice walkway as well with distances similar to the walk from Baylake towers to MK. I would love to go back to Universal at some point.

Day 2-So what is a Sickie to do? Some Potions, Some Screams, Some Food and a different Bed? Part 2

We moved on to SeussVille. We rode Seuss Go Round whatever the real name of this is. I thought I was going to get sick as fast as this ride went. Mom and Morgan had a blast.

We moved on to High in the Sky Trolley. I wanted to take pictures. We took the elevator up. This ride was a challenge to get into and out of. The what seemed like a two foot step up was difficult for all of us. Once we were in train we were off. Loved seeing the park. Mom wasn’t sure she like this. I laughed when she said she like Gringotts better!! Getting out was as difficult as getting on.

I know that we did Cat in the Hat and roamed around for a few minutes. As we moved out of the area.

[/URL
]

Mom and Morgan road this

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03478_zps8vsxjixe.jpg.html][/URL

]

After Morgan and I road this

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150102_104401_572_zpsttn92ci7.jpg.html][/URL

]

Then we watched these guys and they were good!!

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03436_zps2zia8uzz.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03440_zps7wptw4w4.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03432_zpsvbdcozcn.jpg.html][/URL

]

Then it was time for lunch at

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150102_132146_684_zpspwvpszmq.jpg.html][/URL
]

We had A Chicken and Fish with Fries Combo and water. Yes we had only 1 since we were traveling with a sickie. We also had snacks that we had in the w/c bag. We then did the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman. Then walked through Toon Lagoon. We forewent the rides here as we had decided we really did not want to get wet! Took some pictures though and walked through Jurassic park and thought the same…no getting wet though Morgan and I debated for several minutes. Being dry won over getting an unknown amount of wet!
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

Day 2-So what is a Sickie to do? Some Potions, Some Screams, Some Food and a different Bed? Part 2

We moved on to SeussVille. We rode Seuss Go Round whatever the real name of this is. I thought I was going to get sick as fast as this ride went. Mom and Morgan had a blast.

We moved on to High in the Sky Trolley. I wanted to take pictures. We took the elevator up. This ride was a challenge to get into and out of. The what seemed like a two foot step up was difficult for all of us. Once we were in train we were off. Loved seeing the park. Mom wasn’t sure she like this. I laughed when she said she like Gringotts better!! Getting out was as difficult as getting on.

I know that we did Cat in the Hat and roamed around for a few minutes. As we moved out of the area.

[/URL
]

Mom and Morgan road this

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03478_zps8vsxjixe.jpg.html][/URL

]

After Morgan and I road this

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150102_104401_572_zpsttn92ci7.jpg.html][/URL

]

Then we watched these guys and they were good!!

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03436_zps2zia8uzz.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03440_zps7wptw4w4.jpg.html][/URL

]

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/DSC03432_zpsvbdcozcn.jpg.html][/URL

]

Then it was time for lunch at

[URL=http://s343.photobucket.com/user/APrice6768/media/IMG_20150102_132146_684_zpspwvpszmq.jpg.html][/URL
]

We had A Chicken and Fish with Fries Combo and water. Yes we had only 1 since we were traveling with a sickie. We also had snacks that we had in the w/c bag. We then did the Amazing Adventures of Spiderman. Then walked through Toon Lagoon. We forewent the rides here as we had decided we really did not want to get wet! Took some pictures though and walked through Jurassic park and thought the same…no getting wet though Morgan and I debated for several minutes. Being dry won over getting an unknown amount of wet!
[/url][/url][/url][/url][/url][/url]

Okay...I am so not getting use to this new format...love the boards...dislike this. I seem to be posting everything two or 3 times. Anyone understand why? Are you all getting email notifications of the threads you follow?

Hopefully I'll have another update up tomorrow night. I've spent the day cleaning house and catching up on everyone else's trip reports I've been behind on.
It has been a good DISing day!!:surfweb:and:laundy:cleaning day!!

Cool update! I like seeing all the different and unfamiliar (to me) rides at Universal. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Also cool that your express passes allowed you to ride things quickly while your mom waited. Great perk of staying onsite! :thumbsup2

Okay...I am so not getting use to this new format...love the boards...dislike this. I seem to be posting everything two or 3 times. Anyone understand why? Are you all getting email notifications of the threads you follow?
I know that I saw a couple people asking about this on the tech support/new board issue forum. Not sure of the reason, though, since I haven't had that issue, thankfully. You might want to check that out, though. Otherwise, I know there is a "delete" option now at the bottom of posts you make. Not sure if it's for a limited time or always there, but you might be able to make use of it if you have a duplicate. For notifications, I know that there was an option (I went through and set all preferences with the new site) to "watch without email" and "watch with email". No frequency option like there used to be (at least, not yet - I don't know if they're adding that?) When I go to my list of "watched" threads, the ones I've set to email actually say "email" next to them. I know - all this change is taking some effort to figure out! But there are some cool new features too.

Cool update! I like seeing all the different and unfamiliar (to me) rides at Universal. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Also cool that your express passes allowed you to ride things quickly while your mom waited. Great perk of staying onsite! :thumbsup2
We had a great time. There were several perks for staying onsite-early entry, express pass, able to park at hotel and leave car there(although you have to pay for parking at Universal on-site hotels.

I know that I saw a couple people asking about this on the tech support/new board issue forum. Not sure of the reason, though, since I haven't had that issue, thankfully. You might want to check that out, though. Otherwise, I know there is a "delete" option now at the bottom of posts you make. Not sure if it's for a limited time or always there, but you might be able to make use of it if you have a duplicate. For notifications, I know that there was an option (I went through and set all preferences with the new site) to "watch without email" and "watch with email". No frequency option like there used to be (at least, not yet - I don't know if they're adding that?) When I go to my list of "watched" threads, the ones I've set to email actually say "email" next to them. I know - all this change is taking some effort to figure out! But there are some cool new features too.
So far I have been checking my alerts and my watched threads list to keep up. I hope this keeps working. I am need to look at the one I follow and make sure they say email.

So far I have been checking my alerts and my watched threads list to keep up. I hope this keeps working. I am need to look at the one I follow and make sure they say email.
I actually only get my own threads emailed to me and just monitor all the others like you mentioned. In fact, that's what I've always done, so as not to flood my email. What I am loving on the new DIS, though, is that it has an alert when people have quoted me (like how I came back here!). So nice, as it saves me the effort of checking back to see if someone responded to a comment I made. I like that feature a lot. Just wish there was an alert when an OP makes a new TR update, but don't know that they could do that.

I actually only get my own threads emailed to me and just monitor all the others like you mentioned. In fact, that's what I've always done, so as not to flood my email. What I am loving on the new DIS, though, is that it has an alert when people have quoted me (like how I came back here!). So nice, as it saves me the effort of checking back to see if someone responded to a comment I made. I like that feature a lot. Just wish there was an alert when an OP makes a new TR update, but don't know that they could do that.
I would like an option for OP making an update. That would be great. I bet we all learn more about this over the next several weeks.

I am loving your report. How wonderful for you both that your Mom still enjoys traveling. My grandmother had some dementia related to ministrokes, and we took her to Disneyland about a year into her journey. Unfortunately, while we made some good memories, for much of the time she was agitated being away from home for so long. Your mom looks like she's having a ball!

I am loving your report. How wonderful for you both that your Mom still enjoys traveling. My grandmother had some dementia related to ministrokes, and we took her to Disneyland about a year into her journey. Unfortunately, while we made some good memories, for much of the time she was agitated being away from home for so long. Your mom looks like she's having a ball!
My Mom did have a ball. She loves to travel and my Dad was a homebody. You should stay tuned to see More pictures. Hopefully I'll get an update up tomorrow after my eye doctor appt. Didn't happen today as the devilish migraine did.

I'm not sure why you are getting two posts of your same original post. I've not gotten a chance to play with this site as we were gone all weekend. I don't get email notifications so don't know if that is working or not.

I love the update though. The pictures are great and there is no way you'd be getting me on what looked like a very big coaster.

Day 2-So what is a Sickie to do? Some Potions, Some Screams, Some Food and a different Bed? Part 3

We decided to head towards Jurassic Park and Hogsmeade. Off we go. Morgan and I debated and talked and debated the pros and cons of riding the ride. We looked at it and people coming off. Mom said she didn’t want to get wet but would watch us if we wanted to. In the end, staying dry won out. So walked on to Hogsmeade. We loved seeing it. The snow on the roves. We thought about going into Olivander’s-not so much with a 40 minute wait. We were going into shops and couldn’t get across to get there. People were shoulder to shoulder.
IMG_20150102_132806_516.jpg
IMG_20150102_133418_046.jpg IMG_20150102_133420_602.jpg

Crossing into Hogsmeade

Just found this pic and wanted to share it.

upload_2015-2-9_18-10-33.png

After a few pictures and getting run over, we decided to leave to see if our room was ready. As we were walking out the front gates, the phone rang. Our room was ready.
upload_2015-2-9_18-12-9.png
upload_2015-2-9_18-12-33.png

We went off to Royal Pacific Resort. We went by boat. We waited maybe 5 minutes to for a boat to arrive and load. Here is some of the scenery on the way back to the hotel.

upload_2015-2-9_18-13-28.pngupload_2015-2-9_18-13-53.png
upload_2015-2-9_18-14-17.pngupload_2015-2-9_18-14-49.png

We checked in, got our real keys and started hoofing it to get to our room. We were on the second floor. The Lobby is on the third floor. We were in tower 2. I thought I would find our room then get our stuff. Let me tell you…that was a stupid thought because we walked and we walked and we walked a little more.

I'm not sure why you are getting two posts of your same original post. I've not gotten a chance to play with this site as we were gone all weekend. I don't get email notifications so don't know if that is working or not.
So far I don't think it is.

I love the update though. The pictures are great and there is no way you'd be getting me on what looked like a very big coaster.
Morgan and I love big coasters but I no longer ride wooden roller coasters. The vibration is enough to set my Meniere's a spinning.:jumping1:

Following along! Poor Morgan.
:welcome:Morgan does get better...so does her appetite.

Our room was the last room!! And we had an interesting view. No one could see in our room. What a green view!!

I must say it was quiet.
upload_2015-2-9_18-37-16.png
upload_2015-2-9_18-37-16.png

This is our room which was nice. Very similar to moderate and deluxe hotels at WDW. You can see what sickie did for over an hour after we brought in our belongings that we needed for the night. Behind the partial wall was the refrig and bathroom vanity and sink with a hairdryer. The Bathroom door is visible. I have never paid as much for a hotel room as I did this one. However, all three of us would agree that it was very worth it. Touring plans said it would be a 10/10 day on ½ at Universal and a 9/10 day at Islands of adventure and the same at Universal on Saturday with an 8/10 on Saturday at IOA. I don’t know what the said it really was but I was glad we decided to stay. In addition to the room we had to pay for parking which was 20 dollars for the night we were there.

After a rest, back we went. We were hungry. Morgan didn’t know what she wanted. We had a reservation at Islands Dining room in the hotel but after looking at the menu Morgan didn’t think she could handle it, so off to city walk we went again by boat. We had to wait for a second boat but one came as one was leaving.

Once in City Walk, we decided to eat there and walk around a bit. We decided on Moe’s since we don’t have one and Mom and I had seen it on Undercover Boss. We ordered a bowl, Chips and cheese, a Cheese Quesada is what I think Morgan got and I ate something. Can’t remember what it was and Morgan hasn’t sent me those pictures. I think we spent 28 dollars on dinner. I didn’t think that was bad. We could see other places and the moving sidewalk from our table outside.

After filling our bellies, we went into Universal. Our goal was to see the Macy’s parade and ride a couple of Rides. I know we did Shrek 3-D, Transformers, twister, Diaster, and the Parade. The parade was from the Backside. This is about the best was I know to describe it. We also spent some time watching Rip, Ride, Rocket and Morgan and I decided we would ride it the next day. We did Shrek 3-D before the parade and watched the parade from outside this building. We were amazed at the floats and enjoyed the show.
upload_2015-2-9_18-39-52.png

These guys on skates were great. Many of the performers came by and stopped at Mom in the wheelchair.
upload_2015-2-9_18-41-22.png

The crowds at Universal
upload_2015-2-9_18-42-38.pngupload_2015-2-9_18-43-10.png

Your room does look very nice (sorry about the long walk and view). Morgan probably needed that rest...if even only an hour.

We've never eaten at Moe's. Is it just burgers, etc? The only place I've eaten at City Walk is Emeril's.

The parade looks fun.

Looks like a fun evening. Glad you thought the hotel was worth it - definitely a big advantage with those crowd levels!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter