A Sickie, 3 Hotels, 6 Parks, Boyfriend Drama and Fun Galore:

Loved reading about Universal and HP - especially the train....I'm dying to go on that....

Does seem like you got a lot accomplished - well, until you got to the 60 min express wait for Minions (um, doesn't seem very express). Glad you got into Olivers this day and that things worked out getting onto Forbidden journey.

That ice cream does sound good!

Nice updates. Wow...that's a LOT of people at 10 a.m. in the morning.

I love that Morgan always has to shop...my kind of gal.

Your mom cracks me up. She really didn't like Men in Black? That's my favorite ride from the last time we were at Universal. That Rip or whateve ryou called it sounds like something I definitely would NOT be doing.

Aw poor Morgan, terrible way to start a long drive.

Is that a drive-thru redbox!?! I totally need one of these!

Your mom looks so happy on that spinning ride with Morgan.

Hehe, I love Undercover Boss too!

Nope you are not crazy for getting up at 5:15am! I get up as early as I can too. Maybe we're normal and those that wake up at 'normal' times are the crazies:upsidedow

Lol Katie on here (thelittlekatie) had also mentioned how bad Rip Ride Rocket is! I'd only like to try it so I can choose a song. Must be pretty bad!

YES!! 5 degrees right now, has been blowing snow all day off and on. Florida (at this point even VA) definitely looks good to me right now! LOL
Florida sounds great to me . Was 18 this am and Sunday am is to be single digitd!
Loved reading about Universal and HP - especially the train....I'm dying to go on that....
Hogwarts was fun!!
Does seem like you got a lot accomplished - well, until you got to the 60 min express wait for Minions (um, doesn't seem very express). Glad you got into Olivers this day and that things worked out getting onto Forbidden journey.
We dicided to forgo Minions express! Sometimes we dont ask we just do
That ice cream does sound good!

Nice updates. Wow...that's a LOT of people at 10 a.m. in the morning.

I love that Morgan always has to shop...my kind of gal.
Morgan can shop and shop and shop. Did I say shop!

Your mom cracks me up.

Mom didnt like Simpsons...to say my Mom hates anything is harsh. Mom did no, will not luke and will not try to like the simpsons...or the ride.
She really didn't like Men in Black? That's my favorite ride from the last time we were at Universal. That Rip or whateve ryou called it sounds like something I definitely would NOT be doing.

Rip ride rocket was rough!
Aw poor Morgan, terrible way to start a long drive.

Is that a drive-thru redbox!?! I totally need one of these!
we lokked at that thing for over 10 minutes.

Your mom looks so happy on that spinning ride with Morgan.

Hehe, I love Undercover Boss too! Watched it tonight nefore responding to comments.

Nope you are not crazy for getting up at 5:15am! I get up as early as I can too. Maybe we're normal and those that wake up at 'normal' times are the crazies:upsidedow

Lol Katie on here (thelittlekatie) had also mentioned how bad Rip Ride Rocket is! I'd only like to try it so I can choose a song. Must be pretty bad!

Another day that you accomplished alot. I am with Morgan in that you also need to shop. Luckily for my wallet most of the time I don't buy alot.
Morgan was wise with her money. She is a college student that is not working part time yet. She has no money. She has a couple of friends that she would have gotten a small gift for that told her to just get them something at Disney or Universal. So that is what she did. She also told family that she was going on a trip and would appreciate money or gift cards thinking that what she had left she could use a school. Her step dads parents gave her a 50 dollar gift card for Disney and she really got money and Visa Gift cards. I thought she did fairly well with her money. The trip was her Christmas, Birthday, college care packages etc from me. She loves to travel and shop and mixing them both makes her life more fun.

:beach:Hello everyone. Work maybe getting in the way over the next month or two. I am working on adding some skills for my job and was going to be scheduled time in April to do that. Someone didn't get her renewal class done and another person has put their notice in. By the way, the person who put her notice in is one of the two people who generally train those of us on the nursing unit I work on in these skills. This means I need to learn before she leaves. So I am adding an eight hour day each week to my full time hours to learn these new skills. This means less DIS time and more commuting time. And we all have to eat and have clean clothes. I'll do what I can to get some updates up and I'll try to keep up with my replies to your comments.

Thank you all for joining me in reliving our trip. I am having a great time getting to know you all and share my trip with you.

I hope to get another update or rather finish Saturday Jan 3 Over the next two day.

I hope you all have a great week and that you aren't all snowed in!! Snow will also cut into my DIS time as it will significantly increase my communte times. The forcast is for anywhere from 5-18 inches of snow over the next two days.:beach:Ill be wishing for beach days by Weds/

Watching it snow in Virginia. Already 2 inches here and it started about 12 noon. Well in the snow storm I am keeping warm...by writing another installment.

January 3, 2015 Moving Again-The Story of Three Ladies Fun and Agreeing with Pete!! Part 2

With purchases in hand, we went back to the boat dock and to Royal Pacific Resort. We rode the boat back one last time. We took some pictures, used the bathroom, then all went to the car. Oh to the car we went. We had the wheelchair to get in and repack the car.

Here are some of the pictures we took.

Pictures from earlier today in Diagon Alley. From one of the stores
upload_2015-2-16_17-39-25.png

upload_2015-2-16_17-40-0.png

upload_2015-2-16_17-41-25.png

upload_2015-2-16_17-41-54.png

upload_2015-2-16_17-42-22.png

upload_2015-2-16_17-43-10.png

Mom outside Royal Pacific Resort.
upload_2015-2-16_17-44-26.png

'this is as close to the pool at Royal Pacific as we came.
upload_2015-2-16_17-48-13.png

Mom and Morgan walking out of the hotel to go to the car.

January 3, 2015 Moving Again-The Story of Three Ladies Fun and Agreeing with Pete!! Part 3

upload_2015-2-16_18-34-40.png

Looking at the hotel from the entrance

upload_2015-2-16_18-35-59.png
I loved these plants along the rails of the entrance.
upload_2015-2-16_18-37-6.png
On the way out.
upload_2015-2-16_18-37-30.png

upload_2015-2-16_18-39-9.png

In about 20 minutes, this is what we were seeing. Sorry about the quality of the print.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-16_18-37-58.png
    upload_2015-2-16_18-37-58.png
    245.7 KB · Views: 4
The Royal Pacific looks nice! Sorry you didn't get to spend much time there...but lots of fun in the parks!!! I love the detail in the Owlery :))

upload_2015-2-16_19-17-9.png

upload_2015-2-16_19-17-58.png

upload_2015-2-16_19-18-31.png

Love seeing this sign

Then this sign to our destination.
upload_2015-2-16_19-20-13.png

Then through the gate, to be told welcome home!!

Then we saw this sign, but it wasn’t the sign we wanted.
upload_2015-2-16_19-23-2.png

This is the sign we wanted to see!

upload_2015-2-16_19-26-44.png

I went in to check in and Mom and Morgan helped the Valet unpack our luggage. Now there is a funny story with that. I am in checking in, not knowing what all they put on the cart… We go park in the parking garage then walk up to our room.
upload_2015-2-16_19-50-27.png

On the second (main floor)a lonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg way from the long way from the lobby near the elevator in the Pumba section was our deluxe studio.

View attachment 78554

View attachment 78555

View attachment 78556

Love seeing this sign

Then this sign to our destination.
View attachment 78557

Then through the gate, to be told welcome home!!

Then we saw this sign, but it wasn’t the sign we wanted.
View attachment 78558

This is the sign we wanted to see!

View attachment 78559

I went in to check in and Mom and Morgan helped the Valet unpack our luggage. Now there is a funny story with that. I am in checking in, not knowing what all they put on the cart… We go park in the parking garage then walk up to our room.
View attachment 78561

On the second (main floor)a lonnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg way from the long way from the lobby near the elevator in the Pumba section was our deluxe studio.

The Royal Pacific looks nice! Sorry you didn't get to spend much time there...but lots of fun in the parks!!! I love the detail in the Owlery :))
It was nice. I wish we had time to explore and eat there as well as have fun by the pool which looked great.
The Owlery did have a lot of detail. We are glad we took the time to explore more. Next time I want more time to explore.

I don't know what happened to my post that shows our room. I can't edit it so I will try again in a few minutes.

The shield on our door.
upload_2015-2-16_20-2-40.png
upload_2015-2-16_20-4-15.png

Above is the shield on our door and the light in the hall by our room. The details were beautiful. I wish I had pictures of them all.

upload_2015-2-16_20-5-34.png

upload_2015-2-16_20-6-48.png

upload_2015-2-16_20-7-50.png

The bed was very comfortable but high!! So high that Mom could not safely get on it. This meant that she slept on the sleeper sofa which she said was very comfortable.

While Morgan was resting, I got out the claims ticket and called the valet to bring our luggage. I looked at the ticket and saw 104 pieces! They had given the valet our luggage and every sweater, jacket, blanket books and anything they found in the car to the tune of 104 pieces. I died laughing and wanted to know who was going to pay 2 dollars per piece!! I did give the valet a very good tip but not 208 dollars. Morgan packs everything on the cart when she packs one. She must have packed this one.

The view from our balcony. Remember we had a standard view…or did we?
upload_2015-2-16_20-40-38.png
upload_2015-2-16_20-41-8.png

upload_2015-2-16_20-45-22-png.78580

Will we get Mom off the balcony??

We did. We left about 5:30 and drove to Downtown Disney to find a place for dinner.

About Pete’s rant…Anyone who has been listening to the DIS UNPLUGGED podcast has heard Pete rant about the Parking Situation at Downtown Disney. I have no pictures however I must agree with Pete. Even with the new parking garage, the parking and getting around Downtown Disney is the pitts!! It took over 30 minutes to get into the garage. Then we had walk to find a place to eat.

There are walls everywhere. I may have pictures later in the report. We were starving at this point. We finally ended up at Raglan Road. We had dinner there. The wait without an ADR was about 45 minutes. We were taken in and seated in the room off the main room near the bar so we could not see the show. Morgan and Mom had the fish and chips and I had the chicken pie. They were both good. It wasn’t bad. I have no pictures of this meal. By this time Morgan was feeling very puny and we were all tired. I ended up taking us back to the hotel. We were all tired so we went back to Kidani without going to the store. We all were asleep before 10 pm with the alarm set to celebrate my birthday the next day!!

Next up: Lee's 50th Birthday Bash-Food, Food and more

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-16_20-45-22.png
    upload_2015-2-16_20-45-22.png
    433.2 KB · Views: 270
Great update! Thanks for the pictures around your resort at Universal.

I love that "Welcome Home" at the DVC resorts, and I especially love the Kidani sign. :)

Nice room. I will say that the walks at AKL can be quite long...we've been in Pumba section numerous times.

Nice room, and an even better view for a standard view. ;)

That is quite the "standard" view!

Bummer about the height of the bed being a problem for you mom but very glad to hear she thought the pull out was comfortable.

That is a great story about the luggage cart - I hope you counted to ensure that all 104 items made it ;)

Pete's rants are one reason we didn't put DTD into our plans for last trip. I am eagerly awaiting for it to be done but just seems stressful in it's current condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter