A Sickie, 3 Hotels, 6 Parks, Boyfriend Drama and Fun Galore:

Your room does look very nice (sorry about the long walk and view). Morgan probably needed that rest...if even only an hour.
The good thing about the view...no one could see us. There was a road up there that you can't see in the picture.

We've never eaten at Moe's. Is it just burgers, etc? The only place I've eaten at City Walk is Emeril's.
Moe's is a Mexican place a jazzed up Taco Bell.

The parade looks fun.
It was a lot of fun. I'll probably post a few more pictures tomorrow or Weds.

Looks like a fun evening. Glad you thought the hotel was worth it - definitely a big advantage with those crowd levels!
Early admission, the proximity and the unlimited express pass made staying here worth the cost. It was a fun and really laid back evening even though it may not seem like it.

I'm here and all caught up. Everything I read about Royal Pacific seems very positive. I would love to get over to Universal one of these trips! I think I just need to start going to Florida more because there is so much I want to do. If only the bank account thought so too. I also liked Santa from the backside. Fun times!

I'm glad I found you..........never venture over to these boards very much.

I'm so glad you enjoyed RPR.........it's so beautiful and the parks are so much fun. We never get bored there.

Shame the view wasn't great from your room.....well, wasn't a view at all!! If you go back ask for T3 high floor with pool/park view.......that's what we always get and its just beautiful.

What a shame Morgan was poorly!! Bless her.

Really enjoying your report and your pictures are lovely........will watch for more :rainbow:

wow - 40 mins to get into a store! Definitely think you made the right call by staying in the hotel - even if it wasn't cheap. Seems like you got quite a bit done and the parade looks fun.

Room looks nice, but sounds like quite the walk. I've been to Moe's in NYC and they are actually putting one in at a strip mall by our house so pretty happy about that. I find it to be pretty good for a chain tex-mex place.

Welcome everyone!! So glad to have you along for the party!!:welcome:
I'm here and all caught up. Everything I read about Royal Pacific seems very positive. I would love to get over to Universal one of these trips! I think I just need to start going to Florida more because there is so much I want to do. If only the bank account thought so too. I also liked Santa from the backside. Fun times!
Keep following along and you might find that life was seen from the back side. This was my very first Universal trip and I am so glad that we went. I want to go again. I wish by bank account would allow for a trip for everylong weekend I could schedule!!

I'm glad I found you..........never venture over to these boards very much.

I'm so glad you enjoyed RPR.........it's so beautiful and the parks are so much fun. We never get bored there. We loved RPR. I wonder whose reports I read that had me wanting to go and stay their. The hotel had so much to offer but we were there for such a short stay that we never made it to the pool, any of the hotels restaurants, bars or activities. We did not even make it in the gift shop.

Shame the view wasn't great from your room.....well, wasn't a view at all!! If you go back ask for T3 high floor with pool/park view.......that's what we always get and its just beautiful.Other than to see what the view was, we really did not stay the our room at all other than to sleep, nap, shower.

What a shame Morgan was poorly!! Bless her. Morgan really did well for being away from home and sick. This was what she wanted for her birthday, Christmas present, college care packages etc. I asked her if she wanted to stay home. She brought her medicines, told me I was a nurse and I'd better take good care of her! She did well considering. There were times she would tell me she didn't feel good, "my chest hurts," she would cough up what I thought was her lung. We ate small amts-anything she would eat, got her liquids-water, water, water and she would feel better. We would watch a show, rest a bit and keep going. and the key--Good hand washing. Morgan has blessed me over the years with her witty humor, sense of fun and loving life. I am priveledged to have a great God daughter!!

Really enjoying your report and your pictures are lovely........will watch for more :rainbow:
Thanks!! so much. The majority of the pictures were taken with my Droid Charge or Morgan's I phone and my Sony Alpha with the portrait lens on since I forgot the other two lenses.

wow - 40 mins to get into a store! Definitely think you made the right call by staying in the hotel - even if it wasn't cheap. Seems like you got quite a bit done and the parade looks fun.
We were glad we stayed at RPR and in the end the view really didn't matter. In spite of the long ride the day before, Morgan being sick, and pushing Mom's chariot, I thought we did well. The parade was so much fun. There was more to do that I can go back for.

I hope to get some of Saturday, our second day at Universal posted before I go back to work on Friday however I have two funerals in the next two days and several chores to get done Weds and Thursday, so we shall see.

Room looks nice, but sounds like quite the walk. I've been to Moe's in NYC and they are actually putting one in at a strip mall by our house so pretty happy about that. I find it to be pretty good for a chain tex-mex place.

After Morgan and I road this
I love that coaster!!!!!!! Hulk is one of my all time favorites!

I understand not wanting to get wet. And the rides at Toon Lagoon seem to be a known amount of wet. Soaked to the bone.

Okay...I am so not getting use to this new format...love the boards...dislike this. I seem to be posting everything two or 3 times. Anyone understand why? Are you all getting email notifications of the threads you follow?
I've heard others having problems posting multiple times. I've had times where I try to post something that won't go no matter how many times I click... I don't know.

I keep getting e-mail notifications too for some threads, but I totally missed everything that has been posted here and on a few other threads I'm following since last week. I finally just went and looked around to find what I've missed.

We decided to head towards Jurassic Park and Hogsmeade. Off we go. Morgan and I debated and talked and debated the pros and cons of riding the ride. We looked at it and people coming off. Mom said she didn’t want to get wet but would watch us if we wanted to. In the end, staying dry won out. So walked on to Hogsmeade. We loved seeing it. The snow on the roves. We thought about going into Olivander’s-not so much with a 40 minute wait. We were going into shops and couldn’t get across to get there. People were shoulder to shoulder.
I love the JP ride, but again, understand the desire to stay dry. My biggest disappointment is that the ride was 100% designed for them in the movie. All they had to do was make it a vehicle where you ride through a park with animatronic dinosaurs and then everything goes wrong... JUST LIKE THE MOVIE!!! Why did they feel the need to be creative and make it a boat ride????

Wizarding World is really a cool area! They did a great job with the theming of it, and despite having not read the books or seen the movies, I was impressed with it.

We saw HP on TV this past weekend on ABC one night. I sat down and actually watched some of it, and having been to Wizarding World, I'm even more impressed now. I'd see things in the movie and remember them from the park. They did an awesome job!

After a few pictures and getting run over, we decided to leave to see if our room was ready. As we were walking out the front gates, the phone rang. Our room was ready.
Convenient!

This is our room which was nice. Very similar to moderate and deluxe hotels at WDW. You can see what sickie did for over an hour after we brought in our belongings that we needed for the night. Behind the partial wall was the refrig and bathroom vanity and sink with a hairdryer. The Bathroom door is visible. I have never paid as much for a hotel room as I did this one. However, all three of us would agree that it was very worth it. Touring plans said it would be a 10/10 day on ½ at Universal and a 9/10 day at Islands of adventure and the same at Universal on Saturday with an 8/10 on Saturday at IOA. I don’t know what the said it really was but I was glad we decided to stay. In addition to the room we had to pay for parking which was 20 dollars for the night we were there.
Yeah, I thin the room probably paid for itself just from a convenience factor and having the express pass. I've never stayed on US property, but would probably consider doing it next time we go back.

I did buy an express pass once several years ago and it really was worthwhile for doing both parks in one day. We did everything we wanted to do!

After filling our bellies, we went into Universal. Our goal was to see the Macy’s parade and ride a couple of Rides. I know we did Shrek 3-D, Transformers, twister, Diaster, and the Parade.
You guys had a great evening. Aside from Transformers, not really rides that tend to have long lines, but they are attractions that tend to take a little longer. You're in great shape for getting through everything else the next day!

Looking forward to reading about the rest!!
:welcome:Kathy, Glad to have you. I am looking forward to reading the rest as well.:jumping1:

I love that coaster!!!!!!! Hulk is one of my all time favorites!
I liked the Hulk as well it was fun and we were up front!!

I understand not wanting to get wet.
In the end, I decided that walking around wet would not be in Sickie's best interest. I did not want to make matters worse as we still had 7 nights to go!!
And the rides at Toon Lagoon seem to be a known amount of wet. Soaked to the bone.
AGreed!!
I've heard others having problems posting multiple times. I've had times where I try to post something that won't go no matter how many times I click... I don't know. :(

I keep getting e-mail notifications too for some threads, but I totally missed everything that has been posted here and on a few other threads I'm following since last week. I finally just went and looked around to find what I've missed.
What has helped me the most is to just go to the DIS...read the alerts. That is how I found you had posted. Also watched threads. It lets me see 30 unread threads with new posts(the one's I subscribe to)

I love the JP ride, but again, understand the desire to stay dry. My biggest disappointment is that the ride was 100% designed for them in the movie. All they had to do was make it a vehicle where you ride through a park with animatronic dinosaurs and then everything goes wrong... JUST LIKE THE MOVIE!!! Why did they feel the need to be creative and make it a boat ride????:(

Wizarding World is really a cool area! They did a great job with the theming of it, and despite having not read the books or seen the movies, I was impressed with it.It was a lot of fun and they did a great job with both Diagon alley and Hogsmeade. I was impressed.

Yeah, I thin the room probably paid for itself just from a convenience factor and having the express pass. I've never stayed on US property, but would probably consider doing it next time we go back. It did pay for itself...89 dollars per person per day...178 dollars total per person...Oh yeah Leows paid me to come!!

I did buy an express pass once several years ago and it really was worthwhile for doing both parks in one day. We did everything we wanted to do!
As crowded as it was, Morgan and I would not have been able to do coasters together. One would have ridden and the other done something with Mom. I can leave her 15-20 minutes in a strange, busy place but no longer than 30 minutes or I would find a wheelchair minus the Momma.

You guys had a great evening. Aside from Transformers, not really rides that tend to have long lines, but they are attractions that tend to take a little longer. You're in great shape for getting through everything else the next day!
It was a great Day and we thought we did really well both days.

More maybe today or tomorrow...The housecleaning is important today. We shall see how long it takes to get the second day up.

Started reading yesterday and now caught up, Your title drew me in, can't wait to hear about the rest! :-) Haven't been to US in years and never have been to IOA. I would like to go back some day.

Funny coincidence, I lived outside Roanoke (in New Castle) for a few years (1/2002 to 7/2005) and worked on 9 West (Ortho) at Roanoke Memorial. Great area and place to work. Can't say New Castle was great, small as it is LOL but I miss the general Roanoke/Salem area

Started reading yesterday and now caught up, Your title drew me in, can't wait to hear about the rest! :-) Haven't been to US in years and never have been to IOA. I would like to go back some day. We loved both parks.

Funny coincidence, I lived outside Roanoke (in New Castle) for a few years (1/2002 to 7/2005) and worked on 9 West (Ortho) at Roanoke Memorial. Great area and place to work. Can't say New Castle was great, small as it is LOL but I miss the general Roanoke/Salem area
I actually live between Stuart and Martinsville and work on 13 south. 13 South is now Labor and Delivery and OBOR. I worked at community from 1991-2002, then came back to Carilion in 2007. I have lived in Roanoke and Eagle Rock. The Roanoke area is great and I now live between Roanoke, Winston Salem Greensboro. Where are you now?

January 3, 2015 Moving Again-The Story of Three Ladies Fun and Agreeing with Pete!!

I was up by 5:15 am. I am on vacation. Am I crazy?? I really must be. I get up, shower, get Mom’s stuff out and wake her. While she is showering I took a load of stuff to the car. I guess you noticed sleeping beauty …well she know by other aliases such as Morgan or Sickie…is still sleeping. When I get to the car with stuff, I realized I can’t pack the back because the wheelchair which we will need later has to go first. So I put everything in the front passenger seat. I go back to the room wake Sleeping Beauty and head out with everything else. This time it goes in the driver’s seat. If anyone saw my Rogue they would have wanted to know who drove this car…were they Gumby?

So we go check out after gathering everyone

And head over to….drumroll please…Islands of Adventure. We go straight to Forbidden Journey. Mom wants to look around but the ones pushing the chair kept going. Mom said she didn’t want to ride. Now Alzheimer’s can be a good thing sometimes. We get in line which says 20 minutes at 7:01 am!! I told me we would just check it out. We are looking at all the neat things in the queue.
upload_2015-2-12_20-31-42.png
upload_2015-2-12_20-32-7.png

Once we got to the team member, Mom said she was riding. We were sent along a hall to the elevator, told what floor to go to, got off walked down an empty hallway where we were met by a ‘student’ and welcomed. He took us to what looked like a bench with harnesses off by itself. We got Mom out of the chair and on the seat and then Morgan and I on either side of her with on seat empty. The “student” kept talking to us then the bench moved to my right and onto the ride. The forbidden journey started. The nice thing about this is we could take our time to get Mom into and out of the ride vehicle. After the ride which mom said was okay but she wasn’t going to ride again, we went back to our hallway, got off and was told how to get out. We got off the ride and the exit emptied into another gift shop. Morgan shopped for her sister and then Morgan and I rode…
upload_2015-2-12_20-32-53.png

Then all four of us went through Olivander’s with only about a 3 minute wait.

Then off to Three Broom Sticks as it was Breakfast time about 8 am.
upload_2015-2-12_20-34-36.png

Again Pancakes with sausage and bacon on the side

upload_2015-2-12_20-36-5.png

And a fruit plate with a croissant and scone. We each had a drink…Morgan and I apple juice and Mom hot tea. We shared then had a potty break. Then Morgan and I met with a challenge…Dragon Challenge with Express pass we did both in less than 20 minutes.
upload_2015-2-12_20-37-8.png

Then we moved towards Hogwarts express since we had done most of this park yesterday.

upload_2015-2-12_20-38-1.png

Have I told you how much we all loved Hogwarts Express. I really think with was Mom’s favorite at Universal.
upload_2015-2-12_20-38-50.png
upload_2015-2-12_20-39-16.png

upload_2015-2-12_20-39-36.png

She never got out of Character. We were back at Universal again. And where did we go…back into Diagon Alley. We walked through taking it all in. We walked to Gringotts thinking if it wasn’t too bad we might do it again. No go, the wait was over an hour. We looked through Shoppe’s and went to get a favorite treat of ours. Ice-cream. I got butter beer. Mom got the pistachio and I got butter beer. I don’t remember what Morgan got but she ate it all. That was an accomplishment for the Sickie.

More in next post.

upload_2015-2-12_20-43-34.png
upload_2015-2-12_20-43-54.png

upload_2015-2-12_20-44-11.png

upload_2015-2-12_20-44-34.png
upload_2015-2-12_20-45-41.png

This staircase is across from the Ice cream parlor and near Gringotts. Yes this is 10 or so. I took these pictures from as far up as you can go.

upload_2015-2-12_20-47-5.png

From the bottom of the stair case

upload_2015-2-12_20-48-19.png

upload_2015-2-12_20-49-7.png

These were the pictures I went to take. I stood there over 25 minutes waiting for the flame. Never caught this Dragon’s flame.

upload_2015-2-12_20-51-24.png

upload_2015-2-12_20-51-53.png

We moved on to going into Shoppe’s and the Money Exchange. I took Mom in and then Morgan and I went back after she went shopping. After this time in Diagon Alley we went out into Universal Proper.

upload_2015-2-12_20-53-40.png

upload_2015-2-12_20-54-3.png

upload_2015-2-12_20-54-28.png

We walked checking out all the sights. We rode Men in Black, The Simpsons Ride and ET. After riding the Simpsons, Mom came out said she would ride Gringotts or Forbidden Journey again if she didn’t have to do that again!

Morgan and I were now on a Mission-two more rides to ride. Minions and Rip Ride Rocket. On the way, we ran into this show getting ready to start. I don’t know what it is called. It was a street show with 4 floats/cars and was so cute.

upload_2015-2-12_20-57-6.png
upload_2015-2-12_20-57-42.png

upload_2015-2-12_20-58-27.png

Morgan and I left Mom and rode Rip Ride Rocket. This is one of the rides Morgan loved and I will never ride again. My head was everywhere. The vibration made me feel so sick and I was wobbly getting off then had all those stairs down. Never again!! We grabbed hot dogs from a cart and drinks and watched a music group on the lawn near the stage near Rip Ride Rocket.

After this we went towards Minions. The Express Line was over 60 minutes. We decided we did not need to ride this. Our last thing to do at Universal, Morgan needed to shop again. Morgan and her shopping. Morgan sort of knew what she needed when shopping for souvenirs. She has a mom, a step-mom, a dad and a step-dad, and two younger sisters. She also had a boyfriend in Norfolk she was buying for. She got her step mom a t shirt at Universal-something Harry Potter and her sister a Harry Potter sno globe.

Wow, lots of stuff accomplished this morning! Glad your mom got on some of the rides. That Rip Ride Rocket seems pretty crazy! And, mmmm, ice cream! (I was just wishing we had some...:sad1:)

I actually live between Stuart and Martinsville and work on 13 south. 13 South is now Labor and Delivery and OBOR. I worked at community from 1991-2002, then came back to Carilion in 2007. I have lived in Roanoke and Eagle Rock. The Roanoke area is great and I now live between Roanoke, Winston Salem Greensboro. Where are you now?

Oh ok. we were in New Castle (Craig County) that is about 40 miles north west of Roanoke off route 311 (other side of Catawba Mountain). I remember when they merged the 2 hospitals.

We are in Western New York now, near Rochester.

Wow, lots of stuff accomplished this morning! Glad your mom got on some of the rides. That Rip Ride Rocket seems pretty crazy! And, mmmm, ice cream! (I was just wishing we had some...:sad1:)
Considering all the people, I thought we did well. The express is one of the reasons. We waited less than 10 minutes with the express pass.
The ice cream was good and gave us picture and rest time while watching people and planning where to go next.

Oh ok. we were in New Castle (Craig County) that is about 40 miles north west of Roanoke off route 311 (other side of Catawba Mountain). I remember when they merged the 2 hospitals.
Community Hospital now houses the inpatient rehab, endo and out patient surgery, and the College of Health Sciences. The old college building in now gone.
We are in Western New York now, near Rochester.
Bet it is white and cold where you are!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter