After 8 months we're back: 13 days of glorious gluttony: PLETHORA O' PICS 1/15/22-1/27/22

Sorry that Il Mulino was a let down. It’s on my list of places to try. I’m in NJ right outside of Philly (hi neighbor!). I may try the IM in Atlantic City and skip it at Disney.
Hi back at ya. I have a couple of nutrition stores in NJ, Glassboro & cherryhill.
Not a big deal but not as impressive as I was hoping. Food was still pretty good.
Hopefully the AC location is great.

BOARDWALK BAKERY:

BW Bakery-doodle muffin,bacon,everyting bagel sand,apple.jpg
doodle muffin: this is perfection, warm it for maximum pleasure, got it twice. So good.
bacon: okay and full of porkiness
everything bagel: sucks, skip it at all cost especially for what it cost. dull as can be.
apple: it's just a apple. throw it at a line cutter...

Boardwalk Bakery-doodle Muffin & Coconut macaroon.jpg
doodle Muffin: YES! one of the better baked goods anywhere. Warm it up even more doodlee.
Coconut macaroon: good and chewy. would have preferred it dipped in more chocolate.

Last edited:
I mostly lurk on these boards, but wanted to say hi! From NJ also, not far from Philly. My husband and I are both enjoying your report; great pics, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to our next trip in April. :)

I mostly lurk on these boards, but wanted to say hi! From NJ also, not far from Philly. My husband and I are both enjoying your report; great pics, thanks for sharing! Looking forward to our next trip in April. :)
HI, happy you both are enjoying the review. I linked a bunch on the first page if you would like to read the past ones also.
I do have a lot more on this still to come.
Thanks

Lots of good stuff here!

I knew you were traveling to the World because I DM'ed you after your last (exccellent) dining review, which was around the time of our last trip (May 2021). We ended up talking about our next trip (this one for you & mine coming up) and I mentioned we were also game for trying Steakhouse & Sebastian's. I should've followed through and nabbed a Sebastian's ressie like we discussed! That bread pudding... Not too late...

1) Gideon's - I got 3 cookies last trip and thought they were OK. I loved the theming and the imagination / creativity that goes into Gideon's so happy to support, but was a little bummed about the cookies. I'm a huge Levain Bakery fan so maybe I had a different expectation. Anyway, I want to try the cakes because I've heard even better things about them. What are the two flavors in your photos? And how were they? I follow them on social so I read about the cream cheese shortage = no more red velvet cake for the time being. The current Feb offering (spicy cherry) doesn't really appeal to me, hoping there's another flavor or two to choose from. Will have to try the pnut butter coffee. Can't remember what I had last time - maybe the ginger?

2) Homecomin' - I can't belive they left off the second half of your cake!!! I'd be so annoyed! Those things tick me off because it's not like a robot packaged up your goods. You'd think people would use their eyes to put cake in a box... In the pic of the correctly-sized cakes, what was the second cake flavor? Looks like chocolate and there are pecans too.

3) Everglazed - OK willing to try this place again because we went at the end of the night and I didn't realize they sell out of certain flavors. I'm a huge donut fan - from New England; grew up eating Dunkin Donuts everry weekend and the occasional trip up to Canada for Tim Hortons. So that kind of basic, commercial donut fan. I thought Everglazed was horrendously priced. Maybe the donuts are good, but I just am appalled by how much I'm shelling out for them so maybe my brain is mentally overpowering my tastebuds? Curious what your take is on Everglazed in general - and have you been to the Donut Box thing in Epcot? I'm curious about trying. I also want to try a Joffrey's donut. Surprisingly never tried Joffrey's before.

Lots of good stuff here!

I knew you were traveling to the World because I DM'ed you after your last (exccellent) dining review, which was around the time of our last trip (May 2021). We ended up talking about our next trip (this one for you & mine coming up) and I mentioned we were also game for trying Steakhouse & Sebastian's. I should've followed through and nabbed a Sebastian's ressie like we discussed! That bread pudding... Not too late...

1) Gideon's - I got 3 cookies last trip and thought they were OK. I loved the theming and the imagination / creativity that goes into Gideon's so happy to support, but was a little bummed about the cookies. I'm a huge Levain Bakery fan so maybe I had a different expectation. Anyway, I want to try the cakes because I've heard even better things about them. What are the two flavors in your photos? And how were they? I follow them on social so I read about the cream cheese shortage = no more red velvet cake for the time being. The current Feb offering (spicy cherry) doesn't really appeal to me, hoping there's another flavor or two to choose from. Will have to try the pnut butter coffee. Can't remember what I had last time - maybe the ginger?

2) Homecomin' - I can't belive they left off the second half of your cake!!! I'd be so annoyed! Those things tick me off because it's not like a robot packaged up your goods. You'd think people would use their eyes to put cake in a box... In the pic of the correctly-sized cakes, what was the second cake flavor? Looks like chocolate and there are pecans too.

3) Everglazed - OK willing to try this place again because we went at the end of the night and I didn't realize they sell out of certain flavors. I'm a huge donut fan - from New England; grew up eating Dunkin Donuts everry weekend and the occasional trip up to Canada for Tim Hortons. So that kind of basic, commercial donut fan. I thought Everglazed was horrendously priced. Maybe the donuts are good, but I just am appalled by how much I'm shelling out for them so maybe my brain is mentally overpowering my tastebuds? Curious what your take is on Everglazed in general - and have you been to the Donut Box thing in Epcot? I'm curious about trying. I also want to try a Joffrey's donut. Surprisingly never tried Joffrey's before.

Ahhh. I agree Levin is much better. Crazy I found someone in Philly that blows them away.
20220203_181328.jpg

cookies.JPG
Had them last night and the were amazing.
The top 3 were choc chip
3 macadamia white choc
bottom 6 buttercake , all of them were silly good and only $40 for the dozen.
Same weight 6oz as Gideons but light years better.

Homecomin: no biggie at least the manager refunded me the cost of the cake and was
glad I let her know about it.

Everglazed: its okay for Disney but we have so many amazing donut places around us for so much
less cost. They are way overpriced and so dolled up for people that might not have any real places
near them. I only like the one strawberry back in May but for $5.50 that's still not worth it, but its only money
and we tried them 3 times now, so unless they have that one again we are skipping it.

Joffery's: we will never get it again, read my last trip report. horrid.

Glad your trip was great! Trip advisor's reviews for January have been abysmal at best!! Planning a trip in April with a family of 17 and am very worried about the dining reviews. Did you make advanced reservations?

BROWN DERBY:

Brown Derby-rolls & butter.jpg
bread & salty butter
Not shabby. I like the salty butter touch,
but not touching me in my naughty places...

Brown Derby-cobb salad with chicken.jpg
Cobb salad
Wife liked it but nothing that great. I had some and I concur.

Brown Derby-burger.jpg
Signature burger
Not sure why it gets such high praises.
Not worth the $24 with so many better burgers at Disney, I would pick first.

Brown Derby-receipt.jpg
receipt
I guess those derby hats are a pricey upkeep. We helped them out.
We shall never return, second time was not a charm, nor was the first.

Last edited:
Glad your trip was great! Trip advisor's reviews for January have been abysmal at best!! Planning a trip in April with a family of 17 and am very worried about the dining reviews. Did you make advanced reservations?
All the sit down restaurants we made 60 days prior.
Eating with 17 people, good luck WOW LOL

FRANCE BOULANGER:

Boulanger-baguette,macaroon,tart.jpg
baguette, macaroon, fruit tart
great bread kept it in our room had some butter warmed the bread. Nice.
tart was Meh, fruit not sweet.
Macron was great as usual.
Always lines here for a reason.

Last edited:
BOATWRIGHTS:
First time eating here and glad we did.
Really liked it a lot and shocked by how cheap it was.
Food was great and so was our server.

Boatwrights-corn bread & honey butter.jpg
corn bread & honey butter
Corn bread was corny.
I did love the butter and used it in my spuds.

Boatwrights-meat plate 1.jpg
Chef's Platter
Really loved most of it.
Ribs were tender good sauce.
Sausage great flavoring and snap.
Brisket was just okay.
Hot chicken was fantastic.
Mashed spuds nice and lumpy.
Corn I really found the interesting but good.
Mac & cheese meh. Lacked the cheesy bite.
Still worth the $35

Boatwrights-meat plate 2.jpg
wife got the same, she loved it too

Boatwrights-bread pudding 2.jpg
Banana cream pie bread pudding
We LOVE bread pudding and this was no slouch.
Should have been warmed up though.
Liked the bananas and raisins.

Boatwrights-receipt.jpg
Boat Bill
Needed money for boat repairs so we helped out.
Didn't want this boat to sink now........

Happy to hear boatwrights is doing better! We liked it in 2015, and then found it bland in 2017.
It’s why we ate at River Roost one night in 2019 (which I also highly recommend-hopefully the wings and the andouille sausage and cheese dip is back)

Also I have to agree about brown derby. Tried it in 2017. While the service was excellent (shoutout to Jerry!) and the food was well prepared, it was so overhyped! We found it meh to be honest

Happy to hear boatwrights is doing better! We liked it in 2015, and then found it bland in 2017.
It’s why we ate at River Roost one night in 2019 (which I also highly recommend-hopefully the wings and the andouille sausage and cheese dip is back)

Also I have to agree about brown derby. Tried it in 2017. While the service was excellent (shoutout to Jerry!) and the food was well prepared, it was so overhyped! We found it meh to be honest

Wonder why Brown Derby is hyped like that?

BOATHOUSE

AHOY Matey's

Boathouse-menu updated.jpg
updated menu
it tells you what they have and what things cost.
Novel idea. More places need to incorporate this.

Boathouse-rolls,butter & honey butter.jpg
rolls & butter
I asked for the brunch butter and they obliged.
WOAH it makes them even more heavenly.
Pillowy plushness purposely plowing pleasureful pleasing peoples pallets.
That cinnamon bonus makes all the difference.

Boathouse-wedge salad (split up).jpg
wedge salad
They split it in the kitchen for us (my portion) so very thoughtful.
One of my favorite salads anywhere.
Nothing about it lets me down. unlike some people I know....

Boathouse-coconut shrimp.jpg
coconut shrimp
Coconut completely covered copiously.
Sea scum vermin needs to always be in my mouth.

Boathouse-Gibson burger & truffle fries.jpg
Gibson burger
ALWAYS my go to and this was the 4th time.
It never lets me down, hopefully never will.
I upgraded to the truffle fries, while delectable the plain ones I still think are better.
Some of the best fries anywhere I ever had.
Needs a cheese sauce for even more maximum pleasure.

Boathouse-steak & fries.jpg
steak & fries
wife always gets it and loves it.
I tried some for science and its lovely and steaky.
So I agree with her. Happy she enjoys Gibson's meat in her mouth also.

Boathouse-turtle pie 2.jpg
Turtle macadamia ice cream pie
My favorite dessert anywhere. Massive and well worth the $22.
We kept in the freezer at Saratoga and noshed on it in the evenings for a few days.
This is a must every time. If they ever remove it there will be a mutiny.

Boathouse-turtle pie 1.jpg
another sexy sultry view of the turtle pie Grrrrr.. hubba hubba.
Gaze at how they present the nuts so provocatively at you.
Crunchy crisp slightly salty.
Bask upon the gooey drippy caramel & fudge ribbons.
We enjoyed this over a few nights. I missed freezer turtle pie.
Sadness gloom's now. Let me weep in solace.

Boathouse-choc cake & receipt.jpg
Choc cake with vanilla ice cream
Yes its $22 a slice but it's stellar and enormous .
The ice cream is blissful. Cake is wonderfully moist even days later.
Frosting fabulously freely flowing fanatically fudgy frenzy.
It was also enjoyed over a few days kept safe and snugly in our room.

Boathouse-receipt.jpg
Boat Bill
they needed some sheckles to help keep the
Boathouse afloat so I was happy to help out.
Last thing I would want for them to go under...

Such a fun report, really getting me excited for my trip at the end of the month! You and your wife seemingly hit up all of my favorite spots!

Such a fun report, really getting me excited for my trip at the end of the month! You and your wife seemingly hit up all of my favorite spots!
Thanks, glad you're enjoying it. We mostly have eaten everywhere at this point. You have good taste as well.

ARTIST'S PALETTE:

Artist's Palette-braised meatballs & pepp pizza.jpg
braised (beef & pork) meatballs in polenta
Pepperoni pizza ( side of sauce)

everything is outstanding.
not sure when they ramped up the food here but kudos to them.

Artist's Palette-3 meat pizzas.jpg
3 meat pizza
one for me one for the wife.
we enjoyed it very much so we got it a few times.
Shocked its hand tossed and cooked in a real fire oven.
Not the fake fire ovens you see on the telly.

Artist's Palette-receipt-3 meat pizza sauce side.jpg
Side of sauce for pizza
great for crust dippage.
Not great for hair washing or personal lube.
FYI. The more you know.............

Artist's Palette-french toast.jpg
french toast strata & bacon
loved it. Just try it or else.......
you'll miss out on magic moistness marvelousness.

Artist's Palette-lemon crumb & receipt 1.jpg
Lemon crumb cake
Fantastic warmed and never seen this anywhere else.
Happy its here.

Artist's Palette-lemon crumb 2.jpg

Artist's Palette-lemon crumb 1.jpg
Lemon crumb cake ( alluring side view)
2nd one and still awesome, not that it shouldn't be still fantastic.

Artist's Palette-lemon meringue.jpg
Lemon meringue
Stupendous silly silky. WOW!
I am not a big fan of lemon sweets but they both are exemplary.
It's a tad odd there were two lemon treat in the case now that I thought about it.

Artist's Palette-receipt-2 three meat pizzas.jpg

Artist's Palette-receipt-3 meat pizza.jpg
receipts
You wanna eat don't you. gotta pay up.

Last edited:
ARTIST'S PALETTE: Continued

Artist's Palette-shrimp.jpg
Shrimp & Grits
only on the breakfast menu and
not sure why but holy crap was this worthy of anytime eatin'

Artist's Palette-roasted chicken,spuds,green beans.jpg
Lemon Tarragon roasted chicken with spuds & green beans
not very good. green beans not cooked well.
same with the chicken and dry.
Spuds were okay. Skip this.
This was the only disappointment from Saratoga.

AMORETTE'S:

Amorette's-boba fett cake display case.jpg
Boba Fett cake head display, must be clones....

Amorette's-boba fett cake & receipt.jpg
Boba Fett cake head and proof its so overpriced

Amorette's-boba fett cake insides.jpg
cake innards
So not even close to worth it.
Flavors really did not jive well and not a fresh cake texture either.
THIS IS NOT THE WAY....

Amorette's-boba fett cake.jpg
Skip it. I warned you. Or else you'll wish you fell into the Rancor pit
and slowly digest over a 1000 years...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter