After 8 months we're back: 13 days of glorious gluttony: PLETHORA O' PICS 1/15/22-1/27/22

ALOHA ISLE

Aloha Isle-tropical serenade 2.jpg
tropical serenade
morning breakfast treat
Hand down my all time favorite Dole whip anything.
This is the new KING!!!

Aloha Isle-tropical serenade 1.jpg
tropical serenade
morning breakfast treat for our last of the 12 days
needed one for the road home. Still wonderful.
I could use one right now........

Aloha Isle-receipt-trop serenade 1.jpg

Aloha Isle-receipt-trop serenade 2.jpg
What it will cost you for fun in the tropics

Last edited:
ALE & COMPASS LOUNGE

A&C lounge-menu.jpg
menu.... the beginning

A&C lounge-menu 1.jpg
menu's guts:
it did it's job well.
Plus it informed us of all the place had to offer.
Neato

A&C lounge-buffalo cauliflower.jpg
buffalo cauliflower
Not shabby but a better batter would be better. Believe it baby.

A&C lounge-garlic shrimp.jpg
garlic roasted shrimp
Loved it all, wanted more of the garlic bread.
The garlicky roaches of the sea hit the spot.

A&C lounge-burger 1.jpg
My burger & fries
Much of a surprise. Cooked to liking and fries were good.
Great bacon, pigs would approve.
Happy this was a first time here and pleased by the food.

A&C lounge-burger 2.jpg
wife's burger
she agreed with my testament.

A&C lounge-choc cake.jpg
chocolate cake
Looked better than tasted.
cold and not the freshest.
Not the worst.

A&C lounge-reciept.jpg
Receipt
The audacity of them asking for financial funding after eating a meal, the nerve.
I paid it but don't let this become a trend. I was so taken back......

Last edited:
GIDEONS:

View attachment 644238
Since we're staying at Saratoga it's easy for us to get here first thing in the morning.
Not much of a wait and wanted to try a few of these new monthly flavors.
Everything was okay, but nothing ever stands out as stupendous.
Me and the wife both find it's very over hyped. We have tried it three times in the past
and always just Meh. I want to be surprised once and really love it.
Perhaps someday.

View attachment 644239
PB cold
The peanut butter cold brew coffee keeps us coming back, it's marvelous.
A must have. Perfection but gotta remember to ask for less ice.
They put too much ice in it hardly any coffee. Thats how they get you.
I really do love the decor inside. Smells are blissfully erotic.
If it's your thing get in line.
I love their cake, but I really wished the amount of frosting that they actually used matched what is in their pictures. What they actually use is WAY to much, IMO. And I really like frosting! The cake part is always awesome, but I end up leaving half of the frosting behind.

I love their cake, but I really wished the amount of frosting that they actually used matched what is in their pictures. What they actually use is WAY to much, IMO. And I really like frosting! The cake part is always awesome, but I end up leaving half of the frosting behind.
I wish for more cake less frosting too. Barely any cake really.

Love the humor you bring to your reviews. Thanks for taking the time to share, living vicariously until we can plan our next trip for 2023!

Amazing reviews. We were there around the same time as you. It was fun to see what you had from the Festival of the Arts food booths. I think we chose all the dishes you didn't! So it was fun to read yours. Thanks so much for the great humor and reviews.

Love the humor you bring to your reviews. Thanks for taking the time to share, living vicariously until we can plan our next trip for 2023!
Seems to be a trend with my humor, glad you enjoy and get it. Looking forward to Sept when we'll be again staying for 12 nights and of course more reviews.

Amazing reviews. We were there around the same time as you. It was fun to see what you had from the Festival of the Arts food booths. I think we chose all the dishes you didn't! So it was fun to read yours. Thanks so much for the great humor and reviews.
Glad you enjoy the reviews and the humor. We really liked more items than we expecting.
What was you favorites.

Just found your reviews. Enjoying them so far and looking forward to more.

Hi back at ya. I have a couple of nutrition stores in NJ, Glassboro & cherryhill.
Not a big deal but not as impressive as I was hoping. Food was still pretty good.
Hopefully the AC location is great.
I miss the "nutrition shores" of NJ. Moved to FL from Philly then Washington Township. Haven't found real Italian or a simple diner here. Nothing in Disney even comes close. Love your reports! So much of a variety and so thorough. You need to visit more often!!

I miss the "nutrition shores" of NJ. Moved to FL from Philly then Washington Township. Haven't found real Italian or a simple diner here. Nothing in Disney even comes close. Love your reports! So much of a variety and so thorough. You need to visit more often!!
We visit very often, lol. Our last 3 trips been within 13 months. Each one was 12 days. September will be here soon, 12 nights 4 copper creek 8 riviera.
Glad you liked the report. have you read any of the past ones?

So glad to find your trip report today! Wonderful reviews as always with a great mix of places and food. I have read your past trip reports and this one did not disappoint-only made me miss the World a bit more. We will be back soon and I appreciate all of the up to date reviews!

So glad to find your trip report today! Wonderful reviews as always with a great mix of places and food. I have read your past trip reports and this one did not disappoint-only made me miss the World a bit more. We will be back soon and I appreciate all of the up to date reviews!
thanks for reading.

CANADA:

View attachment 644261
maple popcorn

It was much better last May. This was not as sweet & salty.
Barely any maple essence. Sadness fell as we trashed most of it.
OH! Canada.........
My wife and I got this for the first time during our trip this past week and were very underwhelmed. Couldn't understand why all the reviews/blogs/YouTubers raved about it. Hoping that it returns to its old form so that we can try it again.

BOARDWALK BAKERY:

View attachment 644383
doodle muffin: this is perfection, warm it for maximum pleasure, got it twice. So good.
doodle Muffin: YES! one of the better baked goods anywhere. Warm it up even more doodlee.

We got gifted two of these from the family in the room next door to us at our Boardwalk stay ast week (it's a long story - I hid pixie dust in the parks and their kids happened to be the ones who found it, so we met up at the Briar Patch and got aquainted), and I'm so glad, because it's not something we would ever have thought of buying ourselves. I took the first bite expecting it to be dry and crumbly and kind of blah on the inside ... but oh no... that muffin cake is so so amazingly good. It is fresh, rich ... don't know if there is sour cream or something in there for that texture but oh my. We will have to try warming them up next time!

My wife and I got this for the first time during our trip this past week and were very underwhelmed. Couldn't understand why all the reviews/blogs/YouTubers raved about it. Hoping that it returns to its old form so that we can try it again.
I wonder why it changed so drastically, and we just had it last May and it was stupendous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter