Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

You don't get actual tickets sent to you, you get vouchers. To convert the vouchers into tickets you have to present them in person with proof of residency (passport) + the credit card used to purchase.

I'm unaware of the $25 charge as well, it did not come up during my phone call with Disney. Not sure why they couldn't just email the vouchers either.

Wow - great deal! I bought with UT before the price increase. It was an ok deal - kicked myself for not using PS and now kicking myself for not waiting! Ha, oh well! You win some, you lose some!
Congrats to those who can buy these!

Does anyone know how it works if I were to buy a child's ticket and if we don't go before that child turns 10? I have 1 child who is about to turn 9 and another who is 7 1/2. We have no trips planned right now but I'm thinking of buying tickets for the future, in the next few years or I may just not be able to wait that long and I could use them within the next 6 months. Wondering if I don't use them before these kiddos hit the disney adult age, what will the surcharge be?

Does anyone know how it works if I were to buy a child's ticket and if we don't go before that child turns 10? I have 1 child who is about to turn 9 and another who is 7 1/2. We have no trips planned right now but I'm thinking of buying tickets for the future, in the next few years or I may just not be able to wait that long and I could use them within the next 6 months. Wondering if I don't use them before these kiddos hit the disney adult age, what will the surcharge be?
You better either call or try your luck with the on-line chat but i don't think your chances are good for this --- my understanding on any tickets that you get directly from Disney can't be "bridged" ... meaning you can't take a ticket at what would be the gate price that day, pay more and upgrade it to something else. In other words, I think once a child's ticket always a child's ticket. In the same manner if you want to have hopper i *think* you should buy it now and not wit to upgrade. (these are only my assumptions based on what i've read about other *specially discounted tickets* like the Military ones)

Is it not possible to book a room only reservation with the dinning plan? We're looking at buying these discounted tickets and then we were hoping to book a room only reservation and the quick service dinning plan for next year, but in order to choose the DDP it says I need tickets?

Is it not possible to book a room only reservation with the dinning plan? We're looking at buying these discounted tickets and then we were hoping to book a room only reservation and the quick service dinning plan for next year, but in order to choose the DDP it says I need tickets?

I was able to purchase 10 day tickets and a resort stay with dining package. Both are seperate transactions but cast member assured me that we still had dining option. Also, keep in mind that they will be asking for the full cost of the tickets up front. Unlike a resort and tickets reservation where you just need to put a deposit for everything.

Reactions: ky.
I was able to purchase 10 day tickets and a resort stay with dining package. Both are seperate transactions but cast member assured me that we still had dining option. Also, keep in mind that they will be asking for the full cost of the tickets up front. Unlike a resort and tickets reservation where you just need to put a deposit for everything.

Yes, if you book a RO reservation directly through the Disney site or via the phone you can add the dining plan to create a "ticket-less package" If you do it on-line you'll need to call to add it, there's no way to do this online yourself. You will need to pay a deposit equal to one night's accommodations and like @KapBoy77 states, the tickets in full up front. I inquired specifically about this yesterday. There's the possibility that a package deal might get released, so I'm holding out for a bit --- the ticket sale is on till the end of February and until you use the ticket the first time they are non-expiring, as soon as you use it they have the 14 day expiry.

We've spent at least 6 hours today looking over the deal and discussing how many Disney trips we are going to pre-pay, and how many days to purchase for the trips. We have been comparing the price of room-only offers, as well as package deals. This 25% off for Canadian residents works out pretty much to be Canadian money at par. ($1020 US for 4 5-day tickets converted into Canadian dollars today works out to be approx $1348 Canadian) Purchasing 4 5-day tickets in US dollars for US residents is $1360. With the weak Canadian dollar I am guessing that Disney has seen a large decline in Canadian visitors. So far I think we've settled on pre-paying for 3 future visits - buying 12 5-day tickets, and using 4 each visit. I really like that they can be purchased and not have an expiry until activated.

We've spent at least 6 hours today looking over the deal and discussing how many Disney trips we are going to pre-pay, and how many days to purchase for the trips. We have been comparing the price of room-only offers, as well as package deals. This 25% off for Canadian residents works out pretty much to be Canadian money at par. ($1020 US for 4 5-day tickets converted into Canadian dollars today works out to be approx $1348 Canadian) Purchasing 4 5-day tickets in US dollars for US residents is $1360. With the weak Canadian dollar I am guessing that Disney has seen a large decline in Canadian visitors. So far I think we've settled on pre-paying for 3 future visits - buying 12 5-day tickets, and using 4 each visit. I really like that they can be purchased and not have an expiry until activated.

That sounds like a great idea if you are able to pre-purchase that many at one time. I saw someone else mention that this discount will basically make the cost of the tickets on par with the U.S. dollar.

I'm planning to go October 2017 and hoping for free dining. I can't if I should buy the discounted tickets in Feb. in case free dining doesn't come out since I know it's iffy for October.

Hey all, Great to see there is a Canadian section here. I was pretty excited.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has inquired about upgrading these to APs. I am a DVC member and we are planning on going in the Spring, was going to just buy the gold DVC AP ... BUT - Was thinking I might just buy 10 Day Tix and upgrade them to Gold APs when we get there ?

Hey all, Great to see there is a Canadian section here. I was pretty excited.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has inquired about upgrading these to APs. I am a DVC member and we are planning on going in the Spring, was going to just buy the gold DVC AP ... BUT - Was thinking I might just buy 10 Day Tix and upgrade them to Gold APs when we get there ?
You won't keep the savings. You'll have to pay the difference between your discount and actual gate price, then the upgrade to AP. Non-package tix bought through Disney are not price bridged.

You won't keep the savings. You'll have to pay the difference between your discount and actual gate price, then the upgrade to AP. Non-package tix bought through Disney are not price bridged.

Ah ha ! Ok thanks. We got discounted tickets a few years ago as part of a package and upgraded them to APs and actually got the cash value of the 10 day tickets toward the AP, not what we actually paid for them. BUT, as you note, they were part of a package ... thats a bummer.

Thank you so much for posting about this! About a month ago, I had booked our 10-day park hopper passes (for 5 of us) and have already received the tickets in the mail, linked them in my MDE, etc. I just called and they agreed to cancel those tickets, and then I re-purchased at the new rate. I have already linked the new tickets in my MDE account no problem and have had two agents tell me that I can still book my FP's, ADRs as I normally would. When you arrive, all in your party 18 years or older must go to the ticket window and present passports or valid ID of somekind that proves you're Canadian. You can do this at a park or Disney Springs. The one CM that I talked to thinks that we may be able to actually activate the tickets at our resort, which would be AMAZING. He was really working through this as it is a new discount to them. I will call in a couple of months to get some confirmation on what to do when we arrive. So happy! Saved us so much money with the exchange rate :) Thanks again for posting about this.

Thank you so much for posting about this! About a month ago, I had booked our 10-day park hopper passes (for 5 of us) and have already received the tickets in the mail, linked them in my MDE, etc. I just called and they agreed to cancel those tickets, and then I re-purchased at the new rate. I have already linked the new tickets in my MDE account no problem and have had two agents tell me that I can still book my FP's, ADRs as I normally would. When you arrive, all in your party 18 years or older must go to the ticket window and present passports or valid ID of somekind that proves you're Canadian. You can do this at a park or Disney Springs. The one CM that I talked to thinks that we may be able to actually activate the tickets at our resort, which would be AMAZING. He was really working through this as it is a new discount to them. I will call in a couple of months to get some confirmation on what to do when we arrive. So happy! Saved us so much money with the exchange rate :) Thanks again for posting about this.

Wow that's great you got a refund on your original tickets!

Oh man! Just bought my tickets a couple weeks ago. Maybe I'll get a set for the future, cause I *know* I'm going back...
Not sure where/how you bought your tickets BUT I've read many accounts of people calling Disney and getting tickets refunded/exchanged.... might be worth a phone call

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter