Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

I'm planning to go October 2017 and hoping for free dining. I can't if I should buy the discounted tickets in Feb. in case free dining doesn't come out since I know it's iffy for October.

I'm pretty sure October was blacked out for FD dates this year. Unless you check in end of September you could get it for beginning of October. Not sure what the RO discount % were or dates. Depending on resort level and if you'd get hoppers or WP & M options a RO plus the discounted tickets might be better.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so be gentle please :) I have been putting hours of research into planning our first trip to Disney, maybe only trip, for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids)for March 2017. Hoping to book a split stay at AKL & Poly throug DVC point rental (on a wait list) and booking a moderate resort would be our backup plan. I'm still debating about the Dining Plan.

I purchased 6 day PH + WP tickets through Undercover Tourist and they arrived on Friday. I thought I was getting a great deal. And in my excitement, total rookie move, I linked the tickets to MDE. Now I see this discount is available and I feel sick. I'm a very frugal-minded person though we do want to splurge on this trip. However this is an almost $500 difference.

Does anyone think there is any chance that I can fix this? Also, have I totally messed up any chances of taking advantage of any possible future discounts on room/dining plan through Disney by purchasing the tickets separately? I have been planning this trip expecting no discounts because of peak season but now I am wondering if they might offer something as numbers might be lower than usual?

Thanks for reading and any advice you can share!

First of all Welcome to Canadian Dis. The Undercover Tourist tickets could have been returned to them if they hadn't been linked. Sunk ship move forward. On the future discount front, there are not usually any discounts in March. It is a very busy time for Disney with all the school breaks. If some amazing discount should come up you could save the tickets you have already linked for a future trip. I know you say this is likely to be your only trip, but let me tell you most of us said that our first trip too.

The combination of the ticket discount, along with a potential room only discount for our trip in May has us excited. The savings will allow us to splurge for some additional TS meals or perhaps go on a behind the scenes tour, which we have never done before.

I only need tickets for 2 days for the dd and I for our first trip there. Not sure we will be able to afford to do a family trip in the next year and a bit so I'm not sure I can justify spending money on the tickets if we may not use them. Might have to see and try to save lots of am and start socking away the funds again! Great deal for those of you spending more days there though!!!

This will be great for us in February, especially if they offer a room only discount for that time. I'm going to wait and see what deals come out before purchasing the discounted tickets.

I am planning a trip for August 2017 and hoping for a room only discount in addition to this offer as well. Pixie dust!

Can anyone tell me exactly what they consider "proof of residence"? Health card? Pay stub? Can anyone help with this? I'm a resident but don't yet have a PR card.

This will be great for us in February, especially if they offer a room only discount for that time. I'm going to wait and see what deals come out before purchasing the discounted tickets.

Since the offer ends Feb 28th and we don't have to worry about them running out of tickets the only reason to buy early would be if the Canadian dollar took a nosedive and we'd be paying a higher exchange rate. Then of course it would be a better deal if we waited and the Canadian dollar rebounded.... fingers crossed for that!!

Can anyone tell me exactly what they consider "proof of residence"? Health card? Pay stub? Can anyone help with this? I'm a resident but don't yet have a PR card.

Maybe best just to call Disney yourself and avoid any speculation as I'm sure you may get several opinions from multiple posters here

Since the offer ends Feb 28th and we don't have to worry about them running out of tickets the only reason to buy early would be if the Canadian dollar took a nosedive and we'd be paying a higher exchange rate. Then of course it would be a better deal if we waited and the Canadian dollar rebounded.... fingers crossed for that!!

I'd say the opposite. This is a discount that equates roughly to "Canadian dollars at par" at current exchange rates, but the tickets are still priced in US dollars. If the Canadian dollar rises, that's when you want to buy. That way you get the better exchange rate *and* the 25% discount.

Here ya go:

• All Guests must present a valid Canadian passport to exchange the certificate for a valid ticket at the theme park ticket window or Guest Relations prior to first use.
  • Residents of Canada who are not Canadian citizens must bring valid passport and valid proof of Canadian residency.
I know for FL residents something like some utility bills or tax notice can be used to prove residency. Maybe for this too?

I am going down Oct. 24th and have a room and ticket package and have already done my fast pass booking. If I call and cancel the original tickets that come with the package and buy the new ones will I lose all my original already booked fast passes

I am going down Oct. 24th and have a room and ticket package and have already done my fast pass booking. If I call and cancel the original tickets that come with the package and buy the new ones will I lose all my original already booked fast passes

I think you would lose the FP+ which are associated with your tickets.

Hi everyone, this is my first post here so be gentle please :) I have been putting hours of research into planning our first trip to Disney, maybe only trip, for 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids)for March 2017. Hoping to book a split stay at AKL & Poly throug DVC point rental (on a wait list) and booking a moderate resort would be our backup plan. I'm still debating about the Dining Plan.

I purchased 6 day PH + WP tickets through Undercover Tourist and they arrived on Friday. I thought I was getting a great deal. And in my excitement, total rookie move, I linked the tickets to MDE. Now I see this discount is available and I feel sick. I'm a very frugal-minded person though we do want to splurge on this trip. However this is an almost $500 difference.

Does anyone think there is any chance that I can fix this? Also, have I totally messed up any chances of taking advantage of any possible future discounts on room/dining plan through Disney by purchasing the tickets separately? I have been planning this trip expecting no discounts because of peak season but now I am wondering if they might offer something as numbers might be lower than usual?

Thanks for reading and any advice you can share!
Welcome. This disccount is not normal. UT is still a good price so dont look back. But for your room if you were looking at Daves then check out the rent/trade board here. Same and more owners might be even couple of dollars per point less. Read up on how it works and understand it. Good luck

Ask on the FP subforum in the Theme Parks board. I know that FP+ will remain for 24 hrs before falling off. I don't know if canceling the pkg will wipe them out immediately or not, but @hiroMYhero will probably be able to answer.

Ask on the FP subforum in the Theme Parks board. I know that FP+ will remain for 24 hrs before falling off. I don't know if canceling the pkg will wipe them out immediately or not, but @hiroMYhero will probably be able to answer.
Thanks for the tag. :)

@cottontail ~ purchase your new set of tickets and link them. Then, Cancel your tickets that are in your package. You won't lose FPs because you'll have the new ticket entitlements already linked.

I am hoping this is a precursor to a good Canadian deal for the late spring. I know that Canadians are valued tourist in the US. Disney must be missing us.

@hiroMYhero

Thanks for popping by this thread! I knew there was a ticket expert somewhere on the DIS, just couldn't remember who it was!

Do you know if you can add the PH or WP&M option to these tickets once you're there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter