• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Canadian Residents 25% off tickets on WDW site **Offer extended until May 20, 2017.

Since the offer ends Feb 28th and we don't have to worry about them running out of tickets the only reason to buy early would be if the Canadian dollar took a nosedive and we'd be paying a higher exchange rate. Then of course it would be a better deal if we waited and the Canadian dollar rebounded.... fingers crossed for that!!

Good point since you still buy in USD.
We're looking at going to Disneyland in August so will purchase the tickets in February. For a 4 day park hopper and family of 4, the discounted tickets in CAD (with current exchange) almost equals the USD amount. So it basically covers the conversion amount. Hopefully our dollar will improve and it'll be even better.

@hiroMYhero

Thanks for popping by this thread! I knew there was a ticket expert somewhere on the DIS, just couldn't remember who it was!

Do you know if you can add the PH or WP&M option to these tickets once you're there?
Actually, I'm on the FP Board. ;)

But, yes, these discounted tickets can be upgraded per the website that's linked in the 1st post of this thread. :)

This ticket discount really surprised me. At best, I was expecting a small room only discount for early 2017 to be coming out near the end of September. This offer seems early to me and I'm guessing Disney is really trying to bolster their park attendance which by all accounts has been slipping while the resorts are still full. I can't even remember a time Disney discounted tickets, maybe someone here can remember if they have ever done this before? Rooms, food, combinations of those, yeah, but even the best tries to dissect the "Stay, Play, Dine" offer ended with the conclusion that the tickets were not discounted. Rather than cutting back on offers, we might just see some very different strategies to get more people into the parks. Things might get interesting.

But, yes, these discounted tickets can be upgraded per the website that's linked in the 1st post of this thread. :)

I'm no ticket expert but from I'm reading on the offer, I think it's best to add the WPFM or the Hopper option at purchase time (it's available once you select your ticket online). Since they don't bridge tickets bought from Disney anymore and this offer is not available at the gate (says so on the offer), I would expect them to charge you the difference between the paid price and gate price before you'd be able to do any upgrade...
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I'm understanding. I for one will not take any chance...

I'm no ticket expert but from I'm reading on the offer, I think it's best to add the WPFM or the Hopper option at purchase time (it's available once you select your ticket online). Since they don't bridge tickets bought from Disney anymore and this offer is not available at the gate (says so on the offer), I would expect them to charge you the difference between the paid price and gate price before you'd be able to do any upgrade...
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I'm understanding. I for one will not take any chance...
I didn't test buying these tickets but, yes, add the options when purchasing.

There have been recent threads on TPAS discussing upgrades and price bridging. @ravenclawtrekkie may know more about the Canadian discounted tickets.

I've asked a ton of questions about the Canada tickets at work and have gotten zero straight answers. Until I actually encounter one in the wild, I don't think I'll be any good at answering questions about them.

I've asked a ton of questions about the Canada tickets at work and have gotten zero straight answers. Until I actually encounter one in the wild, I don't think I'll be any good at answering questions about them.
Thanks for stopping by! :)

So excited to see this. Now, as it stands I'm still pretty sure that our trip for 2017 is canceled, but I think I'll talk to DH about buying tickets anyway since they don't expire, and that it is a significant, and pretty much unprecedented discount. We'll wait until the New Year though and keep an eye on the exchange rate.

Hi Do they email the passes to you or do we have to pay for shipping?

They will email an exchange certificate with a number on it to link to your MB so you can make FPs. You would then exchange this voucher for your ticket media at a customer service location at a park or at Disney springs - with proper CDN identification - passport for each ticket is what they are requiring...
Not sure about mail - can't see why they wouldn't mail the info to the address on your MDE account...

Hi Do they email the passes to you or do we have to pay for shipping?

I switched our tickets to get the discount on Sunday and I received the vouchers in the mail today. They are cards, just like regular passes would be, but they're just plain green and state that they're a voucher and where to redeem them. No charge to have them shipped here.

Further info- when I called to order the new tickets, they gave me the new confirmation number right then and there and waited with me on the phone while I linked everything in my MDE.

Hmm...you mean the one I posted? :rotfl2: Just wasn't sure if u could add it ltr..even at regular rate. Not sure will need wp in Jan. Will wait and see after this has been running for a bit.

I booked 13 night 14 days free dining package deal for December and I am re-visiting my plans when this ticket deal came out and I don't see savings.
13 nights 14 days at CBR and the same dining experience (we currently have 9 buffet dinners and 3 regular table services) and discounted ticket come out to be much more expensive than Free Dining package.
Even if I search hotels outside of Disney, decent hotels close by, car rental, gas, parking fees, tickets, similar meals at the park, etc, the saving isn't too big (less than $100-200).

Is that the case for others as well?
I wonder if that is because we have 2 adults and 1 disney infant. Or maybe because of our dining plans...

I booked 13 night 14 days free dining package deal for December and I am re-visiting my plans when this ticket deal came out and I don't see savings.
13 nights 14 days at CBR and the same dining experience (we currently have 9 buffet dinners and 3 regular table services) and discounted ticket come out to be much more expensive than Free Dining package.
Even if I search hotels outside of Disney, decent hotels close by, car rental, gas, parking fees, tickets, similar meals at the park, etc, the saving isn't too big (less than $100-200).

I wonder if that is because we have 2 adults and 1 disney infant. Or maybe because of our dining plans...
I would like to help you figure this out but alas, i can't find any availability at CBR to let me price it out. Did you add in the dining plan cost to turn it into a "ticket-less package" to let you compare apples - to- apples? OR did you just do the cost of the room and then rough estimate of what you would order? Not sure what you're seeing happen, BUT if the discount you already have is better than this, just keep it!

Free dining is a better deal for your length of stay. Cost per additional day decreases over time. It's about $10 for an additional day after 7 days. 25% of $10 is not much savings. However, you save the same amount of money per day for free dining, especially when you have two adults and baby doesn't need a ticket. Enjoy your meals!

I would like to help you figure this out but alas, i can't find any availability at CBR to let me price it out. Did you add in the dining plan cost to turn it into a "ticket-less package" to let you compare apples - to- apples? OR did you just do the cost of the room and then rough estimate of what you would order? Not sure what you're seeing happen, BUT if the discount you already have is better than this, just keep it!

CBR from Dec 11 - 24 is $2751.24 and 8 day park passes are $607.06. Those two alone will be $3358.30.
Free Dining package costs me around $4200 (we're adding more park days, but haven't done that yet, so don't know the exact $$). So that will be roughly $840.70 left for food.
If we were to add "ticket-less" DDP for $63.70 per person then $3358.30 + $1656.20 = $5014.2, which will be $800 more than FD.
And FD includes WPFAM, which we don't really want, but oh well.

So, if I do the calculation differently, say that I spend about $55 per adult per night. (say we eat A LOT at the buffet dinner and eat small for lunch)
That will be $55 * 2* 13 = $1430 + $607.06 (tickets) = $2037.
Difference $4200 - $2037 = $2163 for either Disney Resorts or stay outside.
Disney Resorts, I can do Value resort for that price range, but not moderate.
If staying outside, then I have to deduct parking fees ($160), car rental for 2 weeks ($280), Gas ($50) leaving me $1673 for the hotel. 128.70 per night tax, resort fee, included.

But if I were to spend $$ on dining as I would with dining plan, then $1673 go down to $1450-ish.

Is there any error in my calculation, please advise me. Thank you! :)

Free dining is a better deal for your length of stay. Cost per additional day decreases over time. It's about $10 for an additional day after 7 days. 25% of $10 is not much savings. However, you save the same amount of money per day for free dining, especially when you have two adults and baby doesn't need a ticket. Enjoy your meals!

Your calculation makes a lot of sense to me. I was sitting rolling my eyes..
Yes, 25% off of $10 isn't as good as $63.70*2 savings free dining.

We are going to get some tickets anyways because both me and DH have 6 day tickets left from Non-expiry tickets from 4 years ago and my DD doesn't, obviously!, have any.

If i already have a package with passes but want to purchase the new ones do I have to purchase the new ones with a credit card, then call disney and cancel the passes or ticket portion of my package with walt disney travel. Or will disney subtract the old passes on my package and add the new passes and recalculate my package price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter