CDC Notifies States, Large Cities To Prepare For Vaccine Distribution As Soon As Late October

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see people doing this all the time-some on purpose and some accidentally I suppose. The tv reporters, the minute they start talking, the mask slips below the nose and then they are constantly adjusting it. I try to wear mine properly but it's hard when you need to wear glasses to see. Yesterday morning I went into Trader Joe's and my glasses instantly fogged up, couldn't see anything. I had to put them on top of my head and of course everything was blurry but I guess better than foggy :confused3 My husband said it was because the glasses were cold(starting to get cold here in mornings, finally) and my breath was hot, heater was on in store, etc. It's very annoying. I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt and stay out of their way. It would be very hard to enforce in my opinion.

I think you are right that some actually do it on purpose, kind of their way to thumb their nose at wearing them. A big guy had it down on his mouth and actually barely covering his mouth and then he walked and stood right next to me. So I immediately walked away.

This is WI. It's really bad.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/usa/wisconsin/
At some point something will need to happen to constrain it. The daily deaths are now rising, so it's likely being transmitted from the younger population to the older population. Hospitals don't have the capacity to handle it. We ran into issues in the sun belt states, where we got close to capacity.

And the first signs of shutting down are happening in Chicago. The good news is that we have a better handle over how it spreads than we did last March.

https://abc7chicago.com/coronavirus-illinois-covid-19-today-chicago-restrictions-covid-19/7399634/
I am humiliated for my state. It is embarrassing and I am tired of constantly being the mention on the national news for having such a disaster unfolding. The only states that have more cases than us also have much larger overall populations. Literally nothing is going to change and it is terrifying and depressing for those of us who have been taking it seriously since Day 1.

I am humiliated for my state. It is embarrassing and I am tired of constantly being the mention on the national news for having such a disaster unfolding. The only states that have more cases than us also have much larger overall populations. Literally nothing is going to change and it is terrifying and depressing for those of us who have been taking it seriously since Day 1.
Meh. Remember Florida? Arizona? You just happen to be the current state to point fingers at.

Meh. Remember Florida? Arizona? You just happen to be the current state to point fingers at.
Even those states adjusted a bit for the rise in cases, and eventually reached a peak. We’ve been rising for almost 2 months now and nothing to suggest a peak any time soon.

Even those states adjusted a bit for the rise in cases, and eventually reached a peak. We’ve been rising for almost 2 months now and nothing to suggest a peak any time soon.
Florida's adjustments were made by locals governments. Unfortunately, they are now restricted in what they can enforce with fines.

Yeah, I have glasses fogging issues too. It is worse in cooler weather. When it was hot and humid here it wasn't as bad. There is some stuff you can get that is supposedly anti-fog, but I don't know if it really works. I've been tempted to try it.
I find using the disposable medical masks results in almost no fogging. My non medical cloth masks cause so much fogging. The anti fog spray can ruin anti reflective coating on glasses.

I find using the disposable medical masks results in almost no fogging. My non medical cloth masks cause so much fogging. The anti fog spray can ruin anti reflective coating on glasses.

That's what I use, the blue kind with the little folds. Thanks for the heads up about the spray as I do have anti-reflective coating on my glasses.

That's what I use, the blue kind with the little folds. Thanks for the heads up about the spray as I do have anti-reflective coating on my glasses.
I also use the disposable blue ones, still have fogging issues. I've had so many people give me advice on how to stop it, one lady told me to put shaving cream on my glasses, but don't rinse it off. No thank you, I have(and need) several pairs of glasses and they cost major $$$, I'm not about to ruin them. It's just something I have to put up with.

I also use the disposable blue ones, still have fogging issues. I've had so many people give me advice on how to stop it, one lady told me to put shaving cream on my glasses, but don't rinse it off. No thank you, I have(and need) several pairs of glasses and they cost major $$$, I'm not about to ruin them. It's just something I have to put up with.

I fog them to signify a sigh these days. You can emote with the fog.

I'm a surgeon and have been wearing the blue medical masks for decades, with glasses. I generally just tape them to the bridge of my nose. It's not helpful if you're going to be taking the mask off and on all day, but if you just need to lift to sip a drink at most, it works well. I use medical grade paper tape, which isn't quite as sticky.

I'm curious too. I personally don't think that author's perspective is quite an apples-to-apples comparison - I haven't heard anyone, even among the most strident proponents of a "herd immunity" approach, claiming we'll eradicate the virus that way. What they're talking about is something more like how the Spanish Flu pandemic ended, not with the virus dying out (as happened with smallpox and is the goal with polio) but rather with the virus continuing to circulate at low levels among non-naïve populations where it causes less severe illness and cannot reach the sort of critical mass that demands shutdowns and quarantines. Most current flu strains can still be traced back to the 1918 strain, so technically it is still killing people every single year, but not at the levels it did when it was a novel virus to which the population was entirely vulnerable. And really, whether we get there naturally or with a vaccine, that's really the best case scenario with this virus - coronaviruses, and respiratory illnesses more broadly, are not a category of virus we've ever managed to eradicate or fully contain by any means. The immunity just isn't that complete/enduring and the viruses aren't that stable over time.

I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry you're all going through this. Hang tough. I'm hoping we all have a "shot" at a vaccine by the spring so we can get back to a more normal existence.

Well here we are just a few days short of the end of oct. and no where near ready for the vaccine yet. So now what’s the next prediction the end of nov.

Well here we are just a few days short of the end of oct. and no where near ready for the vaccine yet. So now what’s the next prediction the end of nov.
I mentioned it being the end of October the other day. Turns out I'm just not happy for progress. lol

If you want an accurate prediction, I'd say by the end of June '21 the vaccine would be in wide spread release. Possibly earlier, but I wouldn't count on it.

If you want an accurate prediction, I'd say by the end of June '21 the vaccine would be in wide spread release. Possibly earlier, but I wouldn't count on it.
Military, medical personnel, folks with serious disease or disability, people over 65, prisoners, college students, these groups and more will all very likely go before the general population.
June/July of 21 might be something to hope for but maybe not count on for the rest of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter