Christmas Dooney

And just to show you can never win...Stitch being on it is why my daughter (the owner of the Disney Dooney bags in the family) does not want one. All of us hate him, his stupid movie and his dumb attraction. Plus - not a dog.

Haha I don’t like Stitch either but I love the rest of the bag so much it outweighs it :P

The Christmas Dooney is sold out on the app - that is why you can't see it there. It was never available on ShopDisney. Ebay is the only place to buy it now.

I kept seeing it on the app before it came out and couldn't find where to purchase it then, either. Oh well…guess I'm out of luck.

Can I just say, that I hate that people buy these things with the sole intention of selling them. Ugh >:(

I kept seeing it on the app before it came out and couldn't find where to purchase it then, either. Oh well…guess I'm out of luck.

Can I just say, that I hate that people buy these things with the sole intention of selling them. Ugh >:(

I saw it on the app starting at 1 am. It went live at 6:30 am (Central). You could buy it starting then. I don't know when it sold out, but I checked at 1:30 pm and it was gone. So - it was available for 7 hours max.

I also am not a fan of the resellers. Dooney and Disney could partially fix this by producing more. Sorry you missed out.

If you keep checking, it’s possible a few may become available due to returns. Sometimes people buy a couple online to make sure their favorite characters appear on the front, and then they return the ones they don’t want.

I was able to successfully place an order for one of the bags last Friday. This morning I received an email that my order was canceled due to "limited availability or a security concern" with my payment. No offer in the email to discuss which issue applied. I'm going to email them to get them to pinpoint the problem because I would like to address a security concern (which no other company where I've placed online orders have had issue).

I was able to successfully place an order for one of the bags last Friday. This morning I received an email that my order was canceled due to "limited availability or a security concern" with my payment. No offer in the email to discuss which issue applied. I'm going to email them to get them to pinpoint the problem because I would like to address a security concern (which no other company where I've placed online orders have had issue).

I got the same email. I called, and they said it was because they didn't have enough stock. I am LIVID! So far, the best they can do is offer me a $10 gift card. I told them to keep their stupid card -- since I'm now going to have to pay $300 on eBay if I want to get a purse. I'm waiting on a call back from a supervisor. Totally unacceptable!!!

Ouch - I would also be livid. It's just another fail on the part of Disney's online presence. The stupid app can't count how many purses it has sold and subtract that from how many it has. Which means that the people who designed, installed and maintain the system are stupid. And that Disney doesn't really care.

I just checked - mine have shipped. What time did y'all order? I ordered at 6:30 am CST. I was surprised that they lasted online as long as they did. Now, it seems, that they did not actually last that long.

Edited to add - They are back on the app now - showing as being available in the store at Disney Springs. If that is really the case, they should step up and pull those and try to fulfill existing orders. The difference between ordering from online Disney and ordering online from Coach is staggering. If you order something from Coach that is out of stock at their online merch facility but is in a store, the store pulls it immediately and mails it to you that day. You get a nice little card saying the name and location of the employee that pulled the item for you. They (unlike Disney) have a great inventory system and terrific employees who really go out of their way to get you the item you want.

Ouch - I would also be livid. It's just another fail on the part of Disney's online presence. The stupid app can't count how many purses it has sold and subtract that from how many it has. Which means that the people who designed, installed and maintain the system are stupid. And that Disney doesn't really care.

I just checked - mine have shipped. What time did y'all order? I ordered at 6:30 am CST. I was surprised that they lasted online as long as they did. Now, it seems, that they did not actually last that long.

Edited to add - They are back on the app now - showing as being available in the store at Disney Springs. If that is really the case, they should step up and pull those and try to fulfill existing orders. The difference between ordering from online Disney and ordering online from Coach is staggering. If you order something from Coach that is out of stock at their online merch facility but is in a store, the store pulls it immediately and mails it to you that day. You get a nice little card saying the name and location of the employee that pulled the item for you. They (unlike Disney) have a great inventory system and terrific employees who really go out of their way to get you the item you want.

I am more disappointed than angry. It's not a must-have so I won't be seeking out an alternate method of getting one, but I agree that if they have them in the stores now then they should ship them out to those of us who got canceled order emails.

I placed my order at 9:54 am eastern because I completely forgot about the online sale and had to work on Friday. It's a double ouch in that my annual pass discount automatically applied, and my husband was going to purchase it as a Christmas gift for me (that I could use now).

Well, it's almost 2 pm, and I still haven't had a call from a supervisor. I am FURIOUS at this point. I pity the poor person who finally calls me.

Just called back since no one had called me. Sat on hold for 36 minutes waiting for a supervisor. When one finally became available, they transferred me to a number that was no longer in service. My blood pressure is reaching dangerous levels -- picture "Anger" from Inside Out. I'm now on hold -- AGAIN.

Just called back since no one had called me. Sat on hold for 36 minutes waiting for a supervisor. When one finally became available, they transferred me to a number that was no longer in service. My blood pressure is reaching dangerous levels -- picture "Anger" from Inside Out. I'm now on hold -- AGAIN.
OMG how frustrating! I hope you get to speak with someone soon that can actually provide some answers.

I finally talked to a supervisor. Although the front-line operator said there was "no way" to pull a bag from inventory on property, the supervisor, of course, said that could be done. The problem is the bag disappeared from inventory while I sat on hold forever. UGH! She's going to try to find one somewhere and call me back no later than tomorrow. We'll see. I told her I want a purse or I want $100 to pay the difference in what it's going to cost me to buy one on eBay.

[QUOTE="melanielll, post: 58516960, member: 589404"
I just checked - mine have shipped. What time did y'all order? I ordered at 6:30 am CST. I was surprised that they lasted online as long as they did. Now, it seems, that they did not actually last that long.[/QUOTE]

I got a notice on Sunday that mine had "shipped" but when I click on the tracking it just says shipping label printed, but no other activity. Is yours on the move or just label printed, if I may ask? I was really hoping to have it in time for my trip next week, but it's looking a little bleak.

I finally talked to a supervisor. Although the front-line operator said there was "no way" to pull a bag from inventory on property, the supervisor, of course, said that could be done. The problem is the bag disappeared from inventory while I sat on hold forever. UGH! She's going to try to find one somewhere and call me back no later than tomorrow. We'll see. I told her I want a purse or I want $100 to pay the difference in what it's going to cost me to buy one on eBay.

So frustrating! I hope they can locate a bag from inventory for you. I'd be furious too.

[QUOTE="melanielll, post: 58516960, member: 589404"

I got a notice on Sunday that mine had "shipped" but when I click on the tracking it just says shipping label printed, but no other activity. Is yours on the move or just label printed, if I may ask? I was really hoping to have it in time for my trip next week, but it's looking a little bleak.[/QUOTE]

Mine are past that stage. They are in the hands of either UPS or Fedex (I ordered them separately and they are shipping that way). The wallet is supposed to be here on Nov 30. The tote and the crossbody are scheduled for Dec 4th. UPS is apparently a lot faster than Fedex Smart Post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter