Christmas Dooney

Yikes - I was just over at the Disney Dooney Facebook page. Apparently the sale of the dog bag that came out this weekend was worse than the Christmas bag. It's looking like most orders placed on the app are not going to be filled. According to Disney the inventory for both bags didn't update in real time during the open order window. They need to suck it up and reissue the bags as soon as they can make more.

I have NEVER been so disappointed in Disney. AP holder, DVC member since 1996 -- I've spent tens upon tens of thousands of dollars with this company. I expect to be treated better. This is NOT what Walt Disney had in mind all those years ago.

I got a notice on Sunday that mine had "shipped" but when I click on the tracking it just says shipping label printed, but no other activity. Is yours on the move or just label printed, if I may ask? I was really hoping to have it in time for my trip next week, but it's looking a little bleak.

Mine are past that stage. They are in the hands of either UPS or Fedex (I ordered them separately and they are shipping that way). The wallet is supposed to be here on Nov 30. The tote and the crossbody are scheduled for Dec 4th. UPS is apparently a lot faster than Fedex Smart Post.[/QUOTE]
I wish they had sent mine UPS too. I have had nothing but bad experiences with Smartpost. I ordered the tote and the wallet crossbody too, but it looks like mine went out in one shipment. I emailed customer service to see if they can figure out why there has been no tracking update since it was printed on Sunday. I suppose it could be worse, since it looks like there have been a bunch of cancellations, but I'm frustrated that it's unlikely to arrive before I depart. What a poor plan to release it on Black Friday and in such close proximity to the Disney Dogs!!

I finally talked to a supervisor. Although the front-line operator said there was "no way" to pull a bag from inventory on property, the supervisor, of course, said that could be done. The problem is the bag disappeared from inventory while I sat on hold forever. UGH! She's going to try to find one somewhere and call me back no later than tomorrow. We'll see. I told her I want a purse or I want $100 to pay the difference in what it's going to cost me to buy one on eBay.

Did you ever get a call back? Do you have any resolution? I haven't gotten an email saying my order shipped or is cancelled. So I just logged into the app to check on my order. Guess what?? "This order has been cancelled"!!!

Would be nice if they would have at least notified me!!! :mad:

It says call with any questions. Don't know if I should bother or not. I am annoyed for sure, but actually I wasn't super in love with it anyway. I really loved last year's winter white bag tho. Might have to keep an eye on EBay for that one. Or wait & hope they came out with another white one next year (with a much bigger inventory!!!).

Coincidentally, I recieved a customer service survey email for the app. Haven't done it yet but will definitely fill it out & complain about this disaster. :sad2:

Did you ever get a call back? Do you have any resolution? I haven't gotten an email saying my order shipped or is cancelled. So I just logged into the app to check on my order. Guess what?? "This order has been cancelled"!!!

Would be nice if they would have at least notified me!!! :mad:

It says call with any questions. Don't know if I should bother or not. I am annoyed for sure, but actually I wasn't super in love with it anyway. I really loved last year's winter white bag tho. Might have to keep an eye on EBay for that one. Or wait & hope they came out with another white one next year (with a much bigger inventory!!!).

Coincidentally, I recieved a customer service survey email for the app. Haven't done it yet but will definitely fill it out & complain about this disaster. :sad2:

Shockingly (sarcasm), the supervisor didn't call me back yesterday. So I just called back and and asked to speak with her. I'm now once again on hold. What a disaster. Go check out the Disney Dooney and Burke Facebook page. They have literally canceled hundreds of orders, if not more.

Shockingly (sarcasm), the supervisor didn't call me back yesterday. So I just called back and and asked to speak with her. I'm now once again on hold. What a disaster. Go check out the Disney Dooney and Burke Facebook page. They have literally canceled hundreds of orders, if not more.

Thanks for the quick reply. I just did the survey & commented on being able to order merchandise that is not actually available. I am disappointed in both missing out on the purse and with how this is being handled.

The worst thing is, I am not shocked by the customer service disaster this is turning into. We are staying at Carribean Beach next week. We were caught up in the whole resort renovations/ dining closure issues at that resort. All that information came out months after we booked. The customer service re: compensation or allowing transfer to other resorts was a DISASTER! After that, nothing about the new way Disney cares about their "guests" surprises me. That makes me sad.

Yikes - I was just over at the Disney Dooney Facebook page. Apparently the sale of the dog bag that came out this weekend was worse than the Christmas bag. It's looking like most orders placed on the app are not going to be filled. According to Disney the inventory for both bags didn't update in real time during the open order window. They need to suck it up and reissue the bags as soon as they can make more.

I saw your post on Tuesday and was expecting an email that the dog bag I ordered was not in inventory. I thought I must have been one of the last ones to order, because when I went on the app at 7:30 am they were sold out. I could click "order now," but after I clicked that, it would give me an error that there was no inventory. I tried again and again, clicking on the bag in the app, and around 8 am, it finally allowed me to order the bag.

I got a message today that the bag has shipped- yay!

I also got a Christmas one because I just happened to be on the app and saw them. Didn't they come out earlier than initially advertised?

I also refuse to order from resellers because it seems ridiculous to me. If people would stop ordering from resellers, then the business would die out. As long as people choose to pay far more than retail price for certain items, there will be people who buy up these items and resell them. Consumers drive the market.

My sister purchased the Christmas Dooney at Disney Springs yesterday. She said they had plenty.

Happy for your sister. But Disney should be filling orders they took a week ago before they sell them in the park. :furious:

The fact that they are selling purses in the park infuriates me. And I still haven't gotten a call back from Kye, the supervisor who promised to call me before 2 pm yesterday!

I got the wallet last night. It's cute. Not my thing, but cute. All of the ones I purchased are for gifts. My youngest has the Disney purse affliction. The wallet and the tote are for her. The crossbody is for a friend. I carry solid color purses - just not black or brown. I am going to reserve final judgment until the tote arrives, but so far I like last year's better. To me, the black background kind of brings the pattern down. My daughter has last year's tote and it is much happier to me. Maybe the new tote will change my mind.

The tote should be here today. The crossbody is due on Monday.

I feel for those of you screwed over by Disney on this. I would be more forgiving of them if this was a rare occurrence, but I spend a lot of time (and money) in Disney's online presence and this falls in line with the rest of it. High priced goods and services being sold through shaky websites and apps with poor customer service. Shame on them.

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the purse. As I said up thread, I do like last year’s better too, based on pictures only of course. So glad to hear someone who thinks the same way after seeing both in person. Kind of takes the sting out of getting my order cancelled.

Not saying I won’t try to order if it happpens to pop up again! And even tho Disney has a horrible tech department, the same can’t be said for the money making folks. When hey see the prices being paid on EBay, they’ll react. Looks ok at the way the Haunted Mansion bags started out... a few “limited” bags, sold out in minutes, high secondary market prices & a buying frenzy. So Disney increased styles & quantities and added more ride inspired bags.

By next year, they should have more available, probably an Easter one, heck, maybe even sell them year round. They find a way to get every cent they can & I think they’ll get this money back in their coffers too.

I called customer service this morning and spoke with a rep. I expressed my disappointment with how the whole process played out and how it's made more frustrating when the bags are being sold on sites like ebay for hundreds more. I said that I heard the bags were available in onsite stores and if the app is called Shop Disney Parks then what is offered in the park should be on the app (unless it clearly states In Store Only). I did mention that there were a lot of people out there in my situation, either disappointed or angry. I asked that she pass along my feedback to her supervisor.

Her advice to me was to keep checking the app in case more inventory appears. Well, I'm not taking that advice to heart because I have yet to see any bags sold out on the app be offered again; and I do not want to go through the same hassle unless my order is guaranteed.

Last edited:
What store at DS?

I think there is currently a large inventory at that Ever After jewelry store and also at the Marketplace Co-op, both in Disney Springs.

Add me to the list who ordered from the app on Nov 24 and got the cancellation email on Nov 28. The worst part about all that is that we were in Disney world from Nov 23-Nov 28 but I didn't buy my bag in person because I had successfully ordered it on the app.

So I spent our checkout day at the airport calling many, many different numbers and talking to many different people. Don't even know which number this was, but one particular CM was very compassionate and took the time to look up the inventory at each store and told me to call the stores directly to have the bag shipped. I then found it impossible to find direct phone numbers to the stores so I ended up calling the phone number on the cancellation email, and that CM actually told me there was no inventory left in any of the stores!? I asked if he actually checked that and he said yes. At that point, I gave up. :sad1:

I think there is currently a large inventory at that Ever After jewelry store and also at the Marketplace Co-op, both in Disney Springs.

Add me to the list who ordered from the app on Nov 24 and got the cancellation email on Nov 28. The worst part about all that is that we were in Disney world from Nov 23-Nov 28 but I didn't buy my bag in person because I had successfully ordered it on the app.

So I spent our checkout day at the airport calling many, many different numbers and talking to many different people. Don't even know which number this was, but one particular CM was very compassionate and took the time to look up the inventory at each store and told me to call the stores directly to have the bag shipped. I then found it impossible to find direct phone numbers to the stores so I ended up calling the phone number on the cancellation email, and that CM actually told me there was no inventory left in any of the stores!? I asked if he actually checked that and he said yes. At that point, I gave up. :sad1:

The supervisor, Kei, finally called me back yesterday. She told me the parks have inventory, but they’re unwilling to send it to the app side of the business to fill online orders. She said I was No. 2 on her list, and she was still trying to track down bags for people. But I have very little hope. Disney really messed this up, and so far nothing has been done to make it right.

The supervisor, Kei, finally called me back yesterday. She told me the parks have inventory, but they’re unwilling to send it to the app side of the business to fill online orders. She said I was No. 2 on her list, and she was still trying to track down bags for people. But I have very little hope. Disney really messed this up, and so far nothing has been done to make it right.

REALLY? She could do what every seller on EBay does.... walk into a store & buy a few to resell. :badpc:

I hope you get one. We will be at WDW in 1 week, so I will look around for 1. Then I'd have to decide have if I really want it anyway.

She told me the parks have inventory, but they’re unwilling to send it to the app side of the business to fill online orders

Wow. I guess the app's inventory is totally separate from the parks' inventory. Seems like such a strange way to do business. One time I ordered a Coach bag online and I received a phone call the next day from Coach saying that my bag sold out online but they had tracked one down at a store and would have that store ship it to me. Now that is how business should be done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter