Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were some cancelled further out than that. If your reservation started June 1, but went through the 10th it was all cancelled. I'd love to know the longest trip cancelled, but that was the longest one I saw posted. **Edited to add, just checked and saw one that was up to June 13, so pretty indicative they'll be closed at least through that date. I suppose they could open on the 8th, but seems unlikely to me they'd do that. Would sure make for some unhappy guests that would've been willing to shorten their trip, but anything is possible.
We were checking in the 1st and out the 11th. 😔 I was going to call them again today to see if they could shave off the week that was cancelled but I just couldn’t bring myself to wait on the phone for another hour.

I still have not moved or cancelled the trip myself. It is what it is at this point.

It cracks me up when in such a time of uncertainty people say things like "Football will almost certainly start on time." Nothing is certain my friend, but hope does spring eternal.

Hende why I said “almost” certain. They’re moving forward as if they will not be impacted.

The dreaded M word isn't going to just disappear cause you want it to. Just like this virus is going to disappear when everything opens. We have to learn to live with this for the time being. Wearing masks and physical distancing is going to be around for awhile.
Ok if u say so! I would be willing to bet a months pay there will be no outside mask wearing in July at theme parks or anywhere else due to heat and humidity.

Ok if u say so! I would be willing to bet a months pay there will be no outside mask wearing in July at theme parks or anywhere else due to heat and humidity.
We shall see. Truly depends on where they cap attendance

I don’t think Disney will open any resorts without the parks being open. I have a feeling maybe only Future World might be open for a while. Although I’ll be crushed if LaCava isn’t open. Lol

I don’t think Disney will open any resorts without the parks being open. I have a feeling maybe only Future World might be open for a while. Although I’ll be crushed if LaCava isn’t open. Lol
Geez every sentence I type has the word OPEN in it. Hahaha I’m soooo delusional

I think they could open WS with Americans working there for a couple of weeks/months without losing the integrity of the park

Tennessee just gave a green light for amusement parks to open on May 22nd in TN without capacity limits. Dollywood could open then. They haven't announced they will but they can if they want. They might be the first large park to open.

Dollywood and the Smokey Mountain Park is going to be packed memorial day. No capacity restrictions in restaurants or bars either.

Just because they can doesn’t mean they will. We are already starting to see that issue. Lawyers everywhere are busy warning their clients about all the liability risks of reopening.

I hope they open soon- we love Dollywood and would certainly go if they were open soon- but I imagine we will see them place more restrictions on themselves than the government places- just to protect themselves. Highly unlikely we will see masks required there. Tennesseans are a stubborn, practical, realistic, independent bunch. Most of them won’t go for masks.

Just because they can doesn’t mean they will. We are already starting to see that issue. Lawyers everywhere are busy warning their clients about all the liability risks of reopening.

I hope they open soon- we love Dollywood and would certainly go if they were open soon- but I imagine we will see them place more restrictions on themselves than the government places- just to protect themselves. Highly unlikely we will see masks required there. Tennesseans are a stubborn, practical, realistic, independent bunch. Most of them won’t go for masks.

I think I read June 1st is the soonest for Dollywood. Waiting on the announcement for when and if masks required ( I agree I don't think they will), and then going to plan a summer a trip up that way and possibly late fall.

Coronavirus is going to die out just like SARS did and this worrying is going to be all for nothing. It’s China’s issue, really. Disney would never close their parks in the US anyways.

....have we learned nothing with the predicting game? Although the strategy of predicting the earliest possible opening date and then shifting whenever something changes and said date becomes very unlikely is probably the best one. You’ll get it eventually!

MLS, maybe? Baseball is nowhere near close, but that’s an ugly debate I don’t want to get into. Football will almost certainly start on time. NCAA said they will not stand in the way of football programs starting up. Basketball still needs to decide on a location, and there’s very little news on hockey

Fighting the good fight letting DISers know hockey exists! Right on.

AHL cancelled the rest of the season by the way, and my city’s NHL team is now refunding the rest of the season to ticket holders.

I think they could open WS with Americans working there for a couple of weeks/months without losing the integrity of the park
But that could mean full training on ride operations, and a lot of food servers. My guess is the Chefs in France are still around, but all their servers And retail associates ? That’s a lot of instant manpower, which would be only temporary because they would fill it back in with international cast members? Or CP?

Just thinking that’s one area where staffing might be a bit more difficult and could be a part of the modified experience.

Ive been furloughed Since April 7th (called back this coming Monday yay) That means Ive had nothing but time to speculate and ponder all the different things that might be impacted for my July trip. Hahaha Unlike some, I’ve enjoyed all the banter and theories... this and that.

All this brought me back to the Disboards and I’m loving it. Great seeing so many old friends and already making new ones.

We won’t know until we know. And then we will know

Do you recall him saying anything about lifting the quarantine order for NY/NJ/CT/LA?

Not in so many words.. but when a reporter asked about short term rentals the discussion about the how to apply & who would get approval to reopen - DeSantis said it would depend on circumstances...
The only example he gave was “If someone applied wanting to rent to someone from NY, I wouldn’t approve that...”

So... take it for what it’s worth 🤷🏻‍♀️

Not in so many words.. but when a reporter asked about short term rentals the discussion about the how to apply & who would get approval to reopen - DeSantis said it would depend on circumstances...
The only example he gave was “If someone applied wanting to rent to someone from NY, I wouldn’t approve that...”

So... take it for what it’s worth 🤷🏻‍♀️
lol thanks that says it all

Ive been to Disney in July, August, and last October (that was unusually hot, right?). Even as a Canadian, I grasp how hot and unpleasant Florida summers are.

Wearing a mask in perfect conditions is not super fun. Wearing a mask in Florida in the summer would be really uncomfortable IMO. I doubt that is shocking to decision makers, just like resistance to masks in general wouldn’t be. Despite all of the valid reasons wearing a mask sucks, they are still choosing to require them to be worn. Just my opinion, but I can’t see them requiring it and then backing off quickly because of heat. They know the dates and what the weather is like in Florida and yet, here we are with required masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter