Disconnected (Merged)

Yes Cat! I totally agree - brining turkey is the only way to go!:thumbsup2

Now the girl with the big "top" is teaching us to make hot cider toddies, woot!

I must admit brining a turkey looks like too much WORK! Luckily, the good people at Butterball have those 'self basting' frozen turkeys that don't need to be brined. In fact, if you brine one of those, it will come out nasty, so I've heard. :)

I hadn't heard that brining a self-basting turkey was nasty. But must admit that since it is only me and Bob this year, I am doing a bone-in turkey breast without the brine (small fridge) And on Friday as he works on The Day.

It has been so wonderfully cool here lately, I am just basking in the coolth:rotfl2: While Bob runs around with a knit cap on his head :rotfl2:

I bag my turkey. Cook it in one of those roasting bags. Never dry and always moist

I just throw mine into the turkey frier and ding, one hour later.. FRIED TURKEY ! WOOT!

Oh neat! I used to use those bags for pot roast. Then my Mom told me to cook turkey in a paper grocery bag. Did that a couple of years until the conventional wisdom (news) told us that the chemicals in the bags would kill us all :rotfl2: But the cooking bags are great for keeping it all clean and simple.

Now I am hungry again - where did I hide the Halloween candy?:confused3

Now I need to go and look to see what kind of turkey breast I got......
Brining sounds good to me. My mom does her chicken that way too.:)
At least the ham I can leave in the fridge and not have to defrost before Thursday.:)
Kim

We stick our turkey on the rotator on the barbeque. Now that is so tasty.

Just noticed...we're back on food again aren't we?:rotfl2: We always wind up talking food. It's a wonder we all don't weight a half ton or so....:lmao:
Kim

if vmk doesn't come back up soon, I am throwing in the towel for the night.

They must have tried to call the on call guy who finally logged in and tried to fix it. hmm let's see how this thing started. First early this morning we couldn't play the arcade version of pirates, then the giant lag time playing games and then the crash. Let's try to figure out what the problem is. A hacker? a virus? Anyone want to guess?

Oh Lava Boy, you got me now! I am so terrified of burning the house down that I have never attempted the beautiful, amazing Deep Fried Turkey:scared1:

I did order one a couple of years ago from our local "Famous Ham" place and it was delicious.

I must admit brining a turkey looks like too much WORK! Luckily, the good people at Butterball have those 'self basting' frozen turkeys that don't need to be brined. In fact, if you brine one of those, it will come out nasty, so I've heard. :)

My mother use to hate cooking Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. She started complaining days in advance and for a few days after. I dreaded cooking a turkey and put it off for years after I left home. The problem was she slooooowed the turkey for like 12 hours and got up in the middle of the night to bast the thing and she made everything from stretch and we had left over turkey for days.

I use the "turkey generators" on the Food Network web site on the size turkey to buy for the amount of people I want to feed and use the second generator that tells you the times to start and stop cooking depending on the time you want to eat, and I don't slooow cook it. I cook it regular time and with the brining you don't have to bast it. I turn it upside down so the juices run into the drier breast part. I admit I don't go to the farmer's market and buy peas that have to be shelled. Thanksgiving is more then food anyway it is about the family and friends you share it with.

I won't be cooking a turkey this year in anyway, I'm going to a friend's house and having a dinner party with many friends.

Get your t-shirts! Get them right here!

agdasdkw6.png

(This is what you do when your bored)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
That's going in my signature!

Ok you guys are watching cooking shows, old time Disney, new time Disney to deal with your VMK Withdraw.. Meh, I'm watch Lava Boy on YouTube.. Woot.. I guess this is about as close to vmk as I'm going to get tonight.. Thanks aengus for helping me through this difficult time..
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

gee, I have run out of things to do! I have played every game in the house, read a book, went outside while it was snowing, gone to all my fav sites, and donated rice! what do i have left? Oh yea I also went shopping :coffee: I'm pretty bored now.. Glad i have dis

We're close friends with a couple that does a lot of barbecuing (the husband enters barbecue competitions on a fairly regular basis).

We LOVE having Thanksgiving at their house. And I think that's really all that needs to be said!! :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter