• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tammi67 said:
Let me tell you all my good news. Well, not that big of a deal but to me it is. We went to the mall this afternoon and Alyssa finally sat on Santa's lap! The first time since she was an infant. I got a great picture and everything. She even told him she wanted a princess game and to go to WDW. Which is perfect because the kids don't yet know that we are going. Now if I can just get her to stop being afraid of the characters.

OK Santa is in the mall ALREADY.
Can I please I repeat please have Thanksgiving 1st.
OM what is the world coming to. :confused3

PNO4TE said:
Deb --

You were really busy today! It was a gorgeous day here with highs in the low 60s. Beautiful day, but I was inside making my Mom's recipe for Chex Snax Mix from the 1950s. One thing crossed of my holiday list. Oh, and I finished my Christmas shopping this week too! Now, on to the Scotch Shortbreads and then I am done with cooking for Christmas. Of course, our DDs are both coming home for Thanksgiving, so there will be that kind of cooking this week!

Wow, I haven't even thought about Holiday Cooking.

Deb

triplefigs said:
I'll be back later. Busy weekend, but do you notice something new in my siggie? Looks like I'm having some luck with DH after all! :cool1:

Going Oct 18-22. Want to do MNSSHP one night This needs to be CHEAP (we're cancelling our summer trip to Hilton Head to save money). Thinking a wing room at the CR would work great. Any other suggestions for resorts? Would the BC/YC be great for SAB? I don't know if he'll go for the $$ though. I told him we'll have the tickets covered (they're left over from this trip). So it'll just be the room, food, and driving down.

Oh, and this opens me up for a whole new range of t-shirts! And costume ideas. Deb, bring on the ideas!

Ok a new challenge. Will all 5 of you be wearing costumes or just you and the kids? I'm sure your up for it. Any favorite movies?

Deb

triplefigs said:
It only costs me $200 for us to go in regular season vs value. I was thinking they wouldn't be doing as much those half days anyway. Just didn't know how big a deal parent conferences are.

Thanks!

If you are the type of parent that I am (and I have a feeling you are) you will be consistantly in contact with the kids teachers anyway. I have actually had the teachers tell me that I don't need conferences since I am always up to date on what they are doing.

Deb

How do I post a picture here? I need someone to erase the DWW off my picture. Please help. Debbie :flower:

Ok, everyone must be watching Desparate Housewives. I also have it on, but the computer is right next to the tv so I can do both at once. Brendita congratulations on 13000. I was actually pretty funny that you didn't realize it until later. PNO4TE sorry you missed 13000, I'm sure you'll get a milestone yet.

Deb

tink2020 said:
That's exciting! I didn't realize your trip was a surprise. How perfect that she asked for it! :goodvibes
I sort of planted the seed. Yes, the kids don't know. This is how I plan on springing it: We have a kids party at work where Santa comes and give all children 12 and under gifts. Either myself or DH will sneak backstage to Santa and have their MVMCP shirts and tickets slipped in with the present that is given to them by Santa. I hope we can pull it off!

Brendita said:
OK Santa is in the mall ALREADY.
Can I please I repeat please have Thanksgiving 1st.
OM what is the world coming to. :confused3
I know, I know....it is rather early. But I thought I was going to need 2 or 3 visits before she actually got up there, so we started early. Surprise!

Elin - I can't believe that you were robbed! I was reading through all the posts and was getting so excited for you and then SWOOP, in comes Brendita, without even knowing. How funny! I think your new tag should be your Susan Lucci comment.

Brendita - Congrats on your milestone.

Tammi67 said:
I sort of planted the seed. Yes, the kids don't know. This is how I plan on springing it: We have a kids party at work where Santa comes and give all children 12 and under gifts. Either myself or DH will sneak backstage to Santa and have their MVMCP shirts and tickets slipped in with the present that is given to them by Santa. I hope we can pull it off!

I know, I know....it is rather early. But I thought I was going to need 2 or 3 visits before she actually got up there, so we started early. Surprise!

That's a great idea! We are surprising my sister with the fact that we're flying (she's never flown), but I'm not sure how/when yet.

I personally LOVE that Christmas stuff starts this early. I thoroughly enjoy thanksgiving, but I think that a background of Christmas music, decorations, etc are perfect!

Got to go for tonight.
I'll update you all Monday.
Love ya all!!

I just finished decorating my bathroom for the holidays. It is my snowman room with the exception of the singing Christmas tree that I put out just to startle my dh. He never remembers that it is there (4 yrs now) and it is motion activated so he sets it off everytime he walks in there. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Deb

my3princes said:
I just finished decorating my bathroom for the holidays. It is my snowman room with the exception of the singing Christmas tree that I put out just to startle my dh. He never remembers that it is there (4 yrs now) and it is motion activated so he sets it off everytime he walks in there. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Deb

Great! I LOVE snowmen. My mom and I both collect them, so we've accumulated quite a few! Last year I finally got to make the second tree a Snowman Tree! :teeth:

I've NEVER put my decorations up this late, and I dont even know when I'm going to have a chance :confused3 :guilty:

Keep the pictures coming!

Ok, off to bed (sort of). I have to read through my notes and pray for some thread of a chance that I do well on tomorrows exam. One I'm not so worried about.... the other................. blah.

This weekend has me beat! Between 13 hours moving yesterday and 13 hours reading today, my muscles and now my eyes are officially revolting.

Goodnight DDAs!

tink2020 said:
That's a great idea! We are surprising my sister with the fact that we're flying (she's never flown), but I'm not sure how/when yet.

I personally LOVE that Christmas stuff starts this early. I thoroughly enjoy thanksgiving, but I think that a background of Christmas music, decorations, etc are perfect!

I'm sure that I just missed it some where along the way, but how old is your sister? Much younger than you I take it? I'm 29yo and my baby sister is 9yo. There are two other "older" sisters (26yo, 24yo) as well. DSis has been my WDW companion since our first trip for her 5th birthday. This will be our 6th trip together, 2nd with just her and DD and I'm so excited!

tink2020 said:
Oh --

Amy - hot fudge shake, and it was tremendous!

Goodnight!

YYYUUUMMM!!!! MY favorite! I ask for it various places and get the wierdest looks. I need a place that actually has them on the menu!!

tmfranlk said:
I'm sure that I just missed it some where along the way, but how old is your sister? Much younger than you I take it? I'm 29yo and my baby sister is 9yo. There are two other "older" sisters (26yo, 24yo) as well. DSis has been my WDW companion since our first trip for her 5th birthday. This will be our 6th trip together, 2nd with just her and DD and I'm so excited!

She is turning 13 on the trip... she's just over 9 years younger. It's just the two of us. People often ask if she was a surprise, but nope -- I was! :rotfl: My parents were really young when they had me, so she came along much later. I love it!

She's never been to WDW.... but I imagine she'll come with me a lot in the future! :teeth:

tmfranlk said:
YYYUUUMMM!!!! MY favorite! I ask for it various places and get the wierdest looks. I need a place that actually has them on the menu!!

UDF doesn't have them on the menu either, I don't think. My boss at work about 5 years ago bought them for all of us one day, and I was shocked that they made such a thing! It's fantastic, though!

Tammi67 said:

I think that is cool but I have a question -

do the other kids see what each child gets - because I imagine the presents aren't all SPECTACULAR like a trip to WDW and some of the other kids might wonder why Santa didn't give them a trip top WDW!!

julia & nicks mom said:
I think that is cool but I have a question -

do the other kids see what each child gets - because I imagine the presents aren't all SPECTACULAR like a trip to WDW and some of the other kids might wonder why Santa didn't give them a trip top WDW!!

OOh, good point. Maybe Santa could make a special trip to your house to personally deliver the message. We have Santa stop by our extended family Xmas each year. He is a great hit. He also comes to our cub scout family party.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter