***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!*** Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
my3princes said:
Ok, everyone must be watching Desparate Housewives. I also have it on, but the computer is right next to the tv so I can do both at once.

Yup ... that's the problem here! But let's all cross our fingers we get that resolved on FRIDAY!!!!

4 days from today ... the count is on ......

my3princes said:
I just finished decorating my bathroom for the holidays.

OK ... I was liking you a lot ... until this! You decorate your bathroom?!?!?! Should we start calling you Bree??????

my3princes said:
Wow you were busy. I tried jackets, snow pants and boots on all my boys a couple of days ago. They'll survive with what they've got until Christmas.

No way here. DS's jacket is not from last winter ... but the year before ... same with the snow pants. Had to suck it up and buy him new stuff. Just no way it could wait for a holiday present.

I HAD gotten a jacket through Freecycle ... it's down ... and he looks like the kid from "A Christmas Story" when he wears it. I could NOT do that to him!

itslisa said:
OK ... I was liking you a lot ... until this! You decorate your bathroom?!?!?! Should we start calling you Bree??????

Don't worry Deb - I decorate my bathroom too!! I have so much I ahve to find somewhere to put it!! :rotfl:

This is the first time since Julia can remember taht I have brought out ALL the decorations - she is so excited - tree is decorated -I just have to get everything else out - I will post pics sometime tomorrow!

Oh yeah -and I have a Christmas bedspread and bed sheets!!!!

Hey guys - I just realized we have a milestone that potentially 15 of us can do!!!

PAGE 1000!!!!

triplefigs
I do have a question for you all. We could go earlier (for value season) and the kids miss 3 full days of Kindergarten. Or go Oct 18-22 when the kids have 3 half-days for teacher conferences. That means I'd have to schedule their conferences for a different time.

Since they've never been in public school before, is it better to miss 3 full regular days or 3 half-days which means I'd mean the conferences? which ones would the teachers be happier I chose?

I think you should go when it's best for your family. I know teachers are NOT thrilled with kids missing a lot of school ... but I think what's MOST important is that you do what you can to keep up their school work.

I informed Ben's teacher in early October. I also sent a note to school last Friday with exact dates -- 3 weeks prior to our trip -- so ther was plenty of time to put together assignments.

We went even longer this past February ... He was out of school about 2.5 weeks! (I didn't care -- DH had been gone for 2 years!) He was in 1st grade. His teacher gave us math worksheets and asked Ben to keep a journal of his trip.

julia & nicks mom said:
Don't worry Deb - I decorate my bathroom too!! I have so much I ahve to find somewhere to put it!! :rotfl:

Oh yeah -and I have a Christmas bedspread and bed sheets!!!!

OK OK ... I should talk DH says. I dohave lots .. but not in the bathroom (really just no room! LOL) Plus ... I have both Hanukkah and Christmas decorations up durign the season -- but in 2 seaparate rooms. Lest we totally confuse the child!

julia & nicks mom said:
Hey guys - I just realized we have a milestone that potentially 15 of us can do!!!

PAGE 1000!!!!

So ... have you figured out how many posts to get there????????????

I just spent the last hour with my DH having a crash course on helath care options! We totally forgot tonight was the deadline to shign up for next calendar year! Yikes! I swear .. he was finishing inputting the info at 11:57 pm!!!!!

Just wondering ... is there a way to tell who is on the forum? (other than the green light) I know some boards have a listing but I don't see that for this one.

OK .. .well I'm off to bed. I'm just falling asleep at the computer here. :)

Brendita said:
DSCF0615.jpg

DSCF0625.jpg

Here's a couple of pictures of the new addition.
DS took the picture of her eating.

Nice kitty Brendita! Very handsome ds too!!!

Kate adorable shirts. Really glad you got ot do game night!!

Really cool shirts cheripenquin!!! I lev them all, especially the Disney Mom one you made. Have a great trip.....

Welcome home disneyeveryyear!!!! So gald you all had such a great trip with all the shirts "they" made. :rotfl: All kidding aside, I'm really happy you had a nice trip. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I see you can't sleep either, huh Midnite???? I guess that's how you got your name??!!

Steamboat Marti said:
I see you can't sleep either, huh Midnite???? I guess that's how you got your name??!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

I actually went to bed at 5pm!!! :ssst:

my Mom's recipe for Chex Snax Mix from the 1950s

what is this? Can you post the recipe (or PM it if you don't want all your friends to serve up your secret surprise recipes :rotfl: )

We're having a small get-together just after Christmas and I'd really like to serve something that no-one has tasted before -- after two days of festive happenings we'll be pretty snacked out and ready for something new!!

MazdaUK said:
what is this? Can you post the recipe (or PM it if you don't want all your friends to serve up your secret surprise recipes :rotfl: )

We're having a small get-together just after Christmas and I'd really like to serve something that no-one has tasted before -- after two days of festive happenings we'll be pretty snacked out and ready for something new!!

Here you go. The first recipe is exactly what my Mom wrote onthe recipe card in the 1950s. The second list of ingredients is what I use now since box sizes have changed over the years. We also made an addiiton to the list in the 1960s which may be my favorite part! I use much less salt now than when we first made it... maybe 2 teaspoons of each instead of 1 tablespoon.

Snax - 1950s
2 pounds mixed nuts
12 oz. Wheat Chex
6 1/2 oz. Rice Chex
10 1/2 oz. Cheerios
5 1/4 oz. thin pretzel sticks
6 1/2 oz. pretzel bits

Elin's Snax
2 pounds mixed nuts
8 oz. (1/2 box) Wheat Chex
7.3 oz (1/2 box) Rice Chex
10 oz. (1/2 box) Cheerios
8 oz. thin pretzel sticks
8 oz. (1/2 box) Cheez-its

2 cups salad oil
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
1 Tablespoon seasoning salt (I use less now)
1 Tablespoon garlic salt (I use less now)
1 Tablespoon celery salt (I use less now)

Bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, about every 15 minutes. I put the finished mix back into the cereal boxes for storage :goodvibes

itslisa said:

Ok, Deb -- now I've got your back. Our bathrooms get decorated, too! And I'm so NOT Bree..... if anything, I'm closer to Susan! :rotfl:

julia & nicks mom said:
I think that is cool but I have a question -

do the other kids see what each child gets - because I imagine the presents aren't all SPECTACULAR like a trip to WDW and some of the other kids might wonder why Santa didn't give them a trip top WDW!!
You know, I've thought of this, and I think it is going to be okay. What happens is all the toys are set out on tables, in age appropriate groups. The kids then go around and pick their top 3 choices and then line up to see Santa. He then gives them one of the presents they "asked" for. When all is said and done, I think the toys are going to be what they are most interested in at the time, anyway. If it becomes an issue, I will be sure to squash it so we don't have other kids that feel bad.

Or maybe I can have that stuff in a gift bag, with instructions to open it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter