Disney's Polynesian Village Resort Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info. Not sure if it will ever become reality but I would someday like to stay there if just for a couple of nights, and for my family of 5 and point rental prices seems like the studio would make the most sense. Even on "sale" the regular rooms are crazy town. Plus the extra potty would be good. I was hoping for a murphy bed instead of the sleeper but I guess that wouldn't be until a hard goods refurb.

The studios are actually a good size. It can easily sleep 5 comfortably with the bed under the TV plus the sleeper sofa. The main bathroom with the tub is enormous. A lot of families throw their pack n play in there if they have little ones. Of all of the DVC studios (and I have stayed in all except OKW and GF) its my favorite and feels the largest. If you're looking to rent DVC points you should consider going in the cheapest season which is the first three weeks of September. You can do a studio for about 40 points for a couple of nights. Definitely cheaper than a regular room!

Were they running busses to all parks from Poly or did you have to go to TTC for Mk?
I'm sorry, I don't know about the busses. We walked a very short walk to the TTC to take the monorail or took the resort launch boat to MK.

I'm sorry, I don't know about the busses. We walked a very short walk to the TTC to take the monorail or took the resort launch boat to MK.
So the monorail is still running from TTC just not to poly? Were there busses to Epcot?

So the monorail is still running from TTC just not to poly? Were there busses to Epcot?
Correct, monorail is still running from TTC, CR, and GF. Just Poly is down for renovation. There are busses to Epcot from all monorail resorts.

FYI there’s only one potty. One bathroom has sink and tub/shower, the other has sink and walk-in shower - sorry I can’t remember which has the potty!

Yes, that's correct. One bathroom has a shower/tub, sink and toilet. The smaller has a really fancy stone shower and a sink.

FYI there’s only one potty. One bathroom has sink and tub/shower, the other has sink and walk-in shower - sorry I can’t remember which has the potty!

Oops you're right, not sure what I was thinking. I've watched walkthrough videos like 10 times, you'd think I would remember that...

I used to go out of my way to do live aboard dive trips out of cell signal range specifically so I was out of touch and could decompress.

Unfortunately, now there is almost nowhere you don't get a signal and work always expects you to be on call.

Come up to Canada - we have lots of places you can visit (Camp, hike, swim, (maybe even dive), fish, explore .... no signal, not even close.

So Disney isn’t for you. Simple. Thanks for pointing it out, again. Didn’t catch that the first 10-15 times you said it on these boards the last couple of weeks. This is a Disney trip planning board. Most of us here are the Uber planners you speak of an enjoy that very much.

And as for the just showing up and going to a park in days gone by. Since the inception of DVC, because my family has been members since 94 and going multiple times a year since then, even included planning back then. Dining needed to be booked in advance, usually with waiting on hold on the in room phone for 15-30 minutes trying to get the time and location you wanted.

I mean, I wouldn't try to speak for the "people" here that much. There are a WHOLE LOT of people here, who actually aren't uber planners, and who don't like what Disney has become, think it was better 20, 15, 10, heck, even 5 or 6 years ago. And that still doesn't mean "disney isn't for (us)".

This also isn't just a Trip Planning board, this is a Disney Forum, there specific places dedicated to planning, if you want to do that, but there are trivia parts, rumors sections, DVC sections, resort sections, general chat sections, etc. This place is for whatever people want it to be, just like Disney. How about you not tell people what Disney is or isn't and what these boards are or aren't. If Pete or John want to hop in here and tell us, let them, they own this, but not you. Thanks.

The studios are actually a good size. It can easily sleep 5 comfortably with the bed under the TV plus the sleeper sofa. The main bathroom with the tub is enormous. A lot of families throw their pack n play in there if they have little ones. Of all of the DVC studios (and I have stayed in all except OKW and GF) its my favorite and feels the largest. If you're looking to rent DVC points you should consider going in the cheapest season which is the first three weeks of September. You can do a studio for about 40 points for a couple of nights. Definitely cheaper than a regular room!

I believe the studios are the biggest in sqr footage of all the DVC studios at WDW - we absolutely LOVE them. We own at AKV - but have been lucky enough to get into the Poly at the 7 month mark a couple of times. The 2 bathrooms are amazing, but the "living area" is just SO massive for a normal room. Even with the pullout pulled out there is still a ton of room to move around.

For those that have taken the walking path from Poly to GF to MK, do they hold you before the main gates of MK? As in., if I want to be in line to enter MK by 8, would I be held back until a certain time?

Well I can't wait for it to be done. The old entrance made you feel like you were "entering" through some off beat side entrance. Like where employees pop out to grab a smoke or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter