Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I know this has been asked before (sorry!), but I was unable to find the post. If we have a breakfast reservation at the MK at 8:10, what time should we get to the bus stop at YC to ensure we are there in plenty of time?

I would be at the bus stop by 7:00AM.

I wonder if it's worth a phone call for me.
I noticed that after I added our ME info on our arrival resort I can't make any changes to ours. I got the "call..... " message instead. On our departing resort, where I haven't added our ME info, I can make the change. This is the first trip I've noticed adding ME changed that feature. I didn't know if that was by design or just a glitch. I haven't planned to cancel but I'm always looking for additional room categories so I use the change feature often. That's how my BC stay went from Woods view Standard to CL. I wouldn't bother with calling for that change but I will sure search for that online. Having that change feature made Disney some money ;)
They said that they have been having issues with "altered" reservations (although mine was messed up from the beginning). So, yes, I would call and see if they can refresh it for you.

~Cari~ pluto:

We will be at the YC on Dec 6, are the Christmas decorations up at that time? and is the Christmas carousel done at the BC? one of our favorite things to see is the carousel made out of cake!!
The answer is yes to both questions. Decorations go up before Thanksgiving (exact time based on the luck of a draw amongst resorts) and stay up until after the New Year party is over. The carousel made out of chocolate is in the BC lobby while the train display is in the YC lobby (provided the individual who sets this up will do it again this year).
I know this has been asked before (sorry!), but I was unable to find the post. If we have a breakfast reservation at the MK at 8:10, what time should we get to the bus stop at YC to ensure we are there in plenty of time?
I agree that I would go for the 7:00am time frame to be safe but 7:15am at the latest.
Katesdad.

I am pleased to announce that we are back to regularly scheduled programming. Information, Questions and some offbeat random social stuff :magnify:~NM

I am less pleased to announce that the pineapple "non-dole-whips" are on a hiatus from Stormalong Bay. They disappeared sometime at the end of August (they were not available for my trip) and we have been told that they would be available only when staffing levels allow. I'm interpreting that to mean busy times likely, Thanksgiving, Christmas, spring break and summer.

Need to go alter the info on Page 1 with this sad news.

:sad2:

Oh, this is sad news indeed. :( At least one member of my family will NOT be happy about this news. I hope they bring it back when we are there.

Thanks so much for all your hard work to keep all the info here current. It certainly helps! Now if only we can find out if the texting FP service is still being offered in CL...

Dee, can you add me to the BOG list 10/9-10/18? We arrive in 8 days!!! I'm always afraid I'll jinx myself if I officially announce a Disney trip, but I figure it's close enough at this point (actually, I'm still a little nervous that something will go wrong and prevent us from arriving, but I fully acknowledge that that is just my crazy paranoia :upsidedow).

I'm getting ready to put in my room requests, but I have a couple of questions. I'm going to test out the Touring Plans room request feature (anybody have any success with it?), and I want to try to get a garden view room with a balcony in the volleyball courtyard. Are the balconies on the 2nd floor?

I made my reservation through Expedia, and I think that I'm not supposed to be able to call Disney directly to make my room request, but I swear that I did one year when I made the reservation through a 3rd party. Does anybody have any insight/experience with this? I know I can call Expedia and try to have them make the request, but I don't trust them.

I'm not looking forward to being being the lone adult on the 9.5 drive down to Disney with my 3 kids, but I am VERY much looking forward to arriving!

Teena, congratulations on the well-deserved award. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

We will be at the YC on Dec 6, are the Christmas decorations up at that time? and is the Christmas carousel done at the BC? one of our favorite things to see is the carousel made out of cake!!

Yeah 66 more days!!! 6 more until fastpasses!!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Yes, decorations should be up by that time. Decorations and resort touring was a big part of our early December trip last year. We stayed at BC and loved seeing this every day.
image.jpg

Dee, can you add me to the BOG list 10/9-10/18? We arrive in 8 days!!! I'm always afraid I'll jinx myself if I officially announce a Disney trip, but I figure it's close enough at this point (actually, I'm still a little nervous that something will go wrong and prevent us from arriving, but I fully acknowledge that that is just my crazy paranoia :upsidedow).

I'm getting ready to put in my room requests, but I have a couple of questions. I'm going to test out the Touring Plans room request feature (anybody have any success with it?), and I want to try to get a garden view room with a balcony in the volleyball courtyard. Are the balconies on the 2nd floor?

I made my reservation through Expedia, and I think that I'm not supposed to be able to call Disney directly to make my room request, but I swear that I did one year when I made the reservation through a 3rd party. Does anybody have any insight/experience with this? I know I can call Expedia and try to have them make the request, but I don't trust them.

I'm not looking forward to being being the lone adult on the 9.5 drive down to Disney with my 3 kids, but I am VERY much looking forward to arriving!

Teena, congratulations on the well-deserved award. You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

I can't help with the 3rd party booking, but I can tell you that the 2nd floor rooms, in the area by the volleyball court, do have full balconies.

It's not for a long time, and there is a lot of snow and skiing ahead...

But add us officially to the Be Our Guest list for next Aug 14-21. A magical vacation indeed

Can't wait to see Teena again

I will be on the lookout for NM

Is Buzzy still around?

But add us officially to the Be Our Guest list for next Aug 14-21. A magical vacation indeed

Is Buzzy still around?

Why yes thank you for asking! I recently got together with the ladies of the thread for breakfast at the Trattoria at the Boardwalk back in August. It was lovely to see them again. I guess that's one of the perks of being a local. I can just buzz on over anytime I feel like it.

Signed, Buzzy the Fly, your Beach Club Resort guy

Attachments

• 20151001_221303.png
    20151001_221303.png
    879.1 KB · Views: 25

Is Buzzy still around?

I really wish I was going to be there to greet you again but the plan is that I will be moving to Vegas to live with Jeanne and Lily. We are shooting for the beginning of August 2016. Definitely not what I had planned to do, but life doesn't always go the way we want.

I really wish I was going to be there to greet you again but the plan is that I will be moving to Vegas to live with Jeanne and Lily. We are shooting for the beginning of August 2016. Definitely not what I had planned to do, but life doesn't always go the way we want.

Too true, we can plan all we want, but sometimes we don't get a choice in what happens to us.

page 270-274

Sitting in the YC lobby drinking my, um, I guess it's coffee. We've had a fun, relaxed trip so far. Many plans have gone out the window. My DD11 (Katie) finally worked up her nerve to ride ToT yesterday!! The verdict is still out on whether she liked it or not. Too nervous to tell, I guess.

BC rooms are really pretty. Some theming is gone, but they are elegant and comfortable. CMs here are great! Love this resort more each time we stay.

If anyone has questions I can answer, please just ask.
Mary

Thanks for the live update and hope that you continue to enjoy your trip!

:goodvibes:

Just booked first BC stay Aug 22 - Aug 29. Got a great deal and super excited!! Trying to make it through this whole thread day by day :earsgirl: Thanks everyone for all the great info!!

:welcome: to this forum and to posting on the Disboards.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

Read away (especially the first page) but please feel free to ask any questions you have.

:cool1:

Well then, please add me to the BC list for 10/2-10/4!!!! YAY

Will do. That's today!!!

:woohoo:

You can take me off the list. We ended up switching over to AKL due to the discounts released this week and the saving at AKL couldn't be passed up (saved us $1500).

Will do! Can't beat savings like that!

:thumbsup2

Well anyways you Beach and Yacht Club people, I have a very pressing issue to chit chat about...how's the coffee in the rooms? As handsome as my husband is, he can be a bear without some good coffee and as cute as I am, I cannot live on champagne alone the entire week. I'm ordering a special fancy cake for the first day to have as breakfast during the week(it's vacation don't judge me lol) and a nice cup of coffee would be great with the extra calories I don't need but will enjoy.

Great post, fellow coffee addict!

I am probably boring the longtime posters to death with this story, but my very first post on this board was about the type of coffee maker in the room. So although others have answered your question, I have to address your question as well.

Love the idea of cake for breakfast: flour, sugar, eggs- it's practically a pancake!

The coffee maker is a Cusinart pod machine (see pictures on Page 1, Post 13 or 14, can't remember which) and the filters are like tea bags. You can ask housekeeping for more. The coffee is serviceable but I wouldn't call it "nice" and I am by no means a coffee snob. I will drink whatever is available and I don't even bother with the bottled water- I just use tap because it is easier- but using a better quality water would probably help.

:coffee:

If I was a coffee FIEND (cough, cough Dee...) I would seriously consider getting one of these from Walmart:

UGH!!! I'm an idiot! I considered packing my own coffee maker for our girls trip so I could make all of the coffee my heart desired, but I didn't want to pack it. I forgot you guys were going to Walmart and I would have added a $10 coffee maker to your shopping list AND I would have purchased your toy.

:sad2:

Now if only we can find out if the texting FP service is still being offered in CL...

BUMP! OK, I have bumped this again. I haven't seen anyone posting about this recently. Would you be comfortable emailing IPO to ask?

:thumbsup2

:welcome: back!

Will do!

I don't really have the answeres to your questions. I believe you are supposed to ask that Expedia put in your room requests, but I would be leery, too. When you get your Disney reservation number, try calling yourself to see what happens. Has anyone done this with Orbitz or Expedia?

Wishing you a safe drive and a fantastic trip!

:cheer2:

Is Buzzy still around?

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:banana::banana::banana:

I wish you all the best in the move. You have made so many people's lives better with your smile and caring. Glad you will be with family

Did we move? I always just click on my alerts and didnt even realise we had been re-named!!!

I am hoping that this is our permanent home and name. I have spent the past couple of months packing and unpacking and repacking and the address stickers I just ordered with the previous new name have not even arrived yet!

I think we are in the right place now so that everyone who is looking for info about the Beach and Yacht Club resorts can find us easily!

:goodvibes:

October Calendar and Halloween Activities:

October%202015.jpg

Halloween%202015.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter