Don't Blink or You'll Miss This Pre-Trip Report by Wigd and Shocker

Wow, I was "this close" to blinking and missing it!! Glad I made it over so I could see your plans and wish you a wonderful trip!

Can't wait to hear about the BC activities! We're hoping to enjoy them too in July. You will LOVE the cruise - so much fun!!

I hope I don't miss the start of the TR when you get back! Someone flag me down and drag me over!!

Anita - I'm going to PM you about FB.

I hope you're enjoying your morning of beautification, wigd! I'm relaxing this morning, on the first day of a 4-day weekend. :goodvibes Next week we have one full, regular day, one full-length day with exams, and 2 1/2 days with exams. Plus our new principal is coming to visit next week.

I think I'm going to go clean out my car and then, perhaps, go look into trading it in. I'm feeling a need for something a bit bigger than my Civic. ;) But first, we're going to go have breakfast with my dad. :)

I'm so jealous that you guys are leaving on Sunday, AND that you get to do a cruise, but I'm consoling myself with the knowledge that we leave in just over a week, and we're going to get to see you guys while we're there!

I'm sorry that you are still in school....Did you start that much later than us?

Just read through all the responses! I'm heading out for the nail salon. Then to purchase a new set of lounge furniture for the pool deck and a dining set for out back as well. There is a sale going on through this weekend that simply can't be passed up on!
I'll have some responses when I get back...
Plus a question for Happydog!

Why is it that everyone is the thing that cannot be passed up on?

WOW! A question??!! for ME? I can't wait! :upsidedow

I think she wants to borrow some money!

Wow, I was "this close" to blinking and missing it!! Glad I made it over so I could see your plans and wish you a wonderful trip!

Can't wait to hear about the BC activities! We're hoping to enjoy them too in July. You will LOVE the cruise - so much fun!!

I hope I don't miss the start of the TR when you get back! Someone flag me down and drag me over!!

I am a little anxious about the cruise....So much depends on Baylor and how comfortable he is doing things away from us.

The rubber rooms have been in the news a lot lately. Luckily, I don't teach for the NYC Department of Ed. I teach a a university operated lab school.

I might need a different kind of rubber room in our house!

I'm sorry that you are still in school....Did you start that much later than us?

We start the third Monday in August (usually that's around the 23rd or so). State law doesn't allow us to start any earlier than that. Next year, we won't be done until June 8 or 9, although most of the kids will be done on May 20. :confused3 I have no idea what I'm supposed to do for 2.5 weeks without any students to teach.

At least we only have the 4 days next week.... and since my students are all exempt from their final exams, I'll only have kids on Tuesday and Wednesday. The two 1/2 days I'll be able to just work in my room, get some things taken care of in preparation for next year, and be jealous that I'm not in WDW yet. ;)

We start the third Monday in August (usually that's around the 23rd or so). State law doesn't allow us to start any earlier than that. Next year, we won't be done until June 8 or 9, although most of the kids will be done on May 20. :confused3 I have no idea what I'm supposed to do for 2.5 weeks without any students to teach.

At least we only have the 4 days next week.... and since my students are all exempt from their final exams, I'll only have kids on Tuesday and Wednesday. The two 1/2 days I'll be able to just work in my room, get some things taken care of in preparation for next year, and be jealous that I'm not in WDW yet. ;)

Our calendar will be very similar to this year's. We start with kids on August 16 and end the week before Memorial Day.

Here is what I was doing while Wigd's beautification was going on...

Finish mowing the back and mow all the front!

Use the grass trimmer for that neat, clean look!

Load up the dog crates, dog food, and dogs; go to the vet for Fenway to get a shot; take all dogs to Grandpaws House for their two week stay.

Hair cut

When the beautification was over, we went to store and paid for the last set of patio furniture Wigd wanted. This was 6 tall chairs and a table. Being the last set in the store, it was a display set and therefore it was fully assembled. Score one for us. Unfortunately, the truck was still full of yard waste so guess who had to go dump the waste and then make two trips to the store to get the table and chairs. I was delighted to have the company of my lovely bride who fell asleep while chairs were being loaded and tied down. The old furniture had to be moved out of the way to make room for the new. Wigd helped with the new table or it would still be in the truck. Not quite finished spending money, we went to Target to search for chaise lounges. They had two in stock and I assured Wigd we could get them in the car. And I was right! But first I had to take everything out of the back to rearrange things for the lounges to fit. Wigd was only slightly embarrassed when everything from the back of the car was sitting in the Target parking lot. But, she got what she wanted.​

WHEW!! I'm just tired reading about your day!! Glad you were able to the get the furniture placed in the backyard! I bet it looks great!!!

I too am worried that Scales hasn't reappeared!! I'm sure he'll show up!!

Have a great Saturday Shocker and Anita!!!!!

No little ones sick yet. Keep your fingers crossed.

The 'pictures of you texting' numbers will not be small ones. :laughing:

Do you use GradeSpeed? We're starting that next year. We used to do GradeQuick, and I loved not having to average grades. Now, we do it the old-fashioned way, since they took out our programs.

Would you like us all to send you replacement tortoises? :)
You could have a yard full of them when you get back home! :thumbsup2

Have a good preparation/pampering day!
We have Skyward that we use for attendance, grades, student information, etc...
I really think Scales will show back up. I can't see a place that he's dug under the fence.
To replace him we would have to purchase one from the pet store and they do have one that's about his age.
It has a hefty price tag though.
Needless to say. We aren't getting it!

I figured you must have started a new thread because I didn't see any action on your old TR!!!

SOOOOOOOO I just unearthed myself after three solid days of school functions, and I am relieved that I didn't miss you!!!! I have to go back and read the 7 pages I missed! No school today (Nolyn's Montessori is closed today) So I am here trying to catch up with LIFE!! Four day weekend :banana:

And I think you are on the 4 day cruise? So you should not miss any of the restaurants, then, b/c you repeat one. So just see what night you have which restaurant and try to maneuver. the Paolo's BRUNCH is fantastic!!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!!!! :goodvibes

SOOOOOO sorry about Scales, that is really unfortunate... :guilty:
I have abandoned the old report.
The PT has kicked my rear and I've been spending most evenings napping.
We are on the 4 day! With 2 times at Palo.
Hopefully Baylor will be happy with the kids activities so we can feel good about leaving him and going to Palo.

Hey, Wigd and Shocker!
I hope you have a great trip! Cant't wait to hear all about it:)
Hope you feel better and have a nice day of pre-trip pampering.
Maybe today Scales will decide to turn up!
It was a great day for a pedi! and no, Scales remained undercover....
Ughhh report cards :sad2: I hate doing report cards.
Our report cards are electronic and the checklist is fast, but the narratives are a killer. We write LONG narratives for each child. It takes so much time.

What grade are you teaching next year? Since we still have 19 more days, we haven't gotten the official word. But since I just moved, I'd like to think my principal won't put me through that torture again.

If anyone is looking for a teaching job in New York City, there are openings here :)
Luckily for us we don't have the narritives...
Just behavior in 1-4. It goes fast!
I'm back in 2nd grade, same room, because we share one big space but I'm moving to a different area of the room.
I'll do that when we get home.
It's a good move though, I'll be right by our shared office and that will be nice!

Alright, caught up -- great ADR's as always! :goodvibes Love the plans and the park itineraries. I think you guys dont give yourself enough credit! Those ride lists look very manageable! Just so long as WigD isn't texting too much :goodvibes, and the crowds are not too :scared1:

WigD I hope your beautification appointments go swimmingly, and I cant wait to hear this final 24 hours of send off! So exciting!!! I definitely will feel Summer is almost hear reading your final posts!!!!

Great DIS meets too! :yay: So fun! SAB!!!! :yay: Good times are coming!
I'm ready for Sunday, well almost, just need to pack! Good appointments today.:goodvibes
I hope you're enjoying your morning of beautification, wigd! I'm relaxing this morning, on the first day of a 4-day weekend. :goodvibes Next week we have one full, regular day, one full-length day with exams, and 2 1/2 days with exams. Plus our new principal is coming to visit next week.

I think I'm going to go clean out my car and then, perhaps, go look into trading it in. I'm feeling a need for something a bit bigger than my Civic. ;) But first, we're going to go have breakfast with my dad. :)

I'm so jealous that you guys are leaving on Sunday, AND that you get to do a cruise, but I'm consoling myself with the knowledge that we leave in just over a week, and we're going to get to see you guys while we're there!
So what sort of larger car are you looking at? It's always fun to shop for a new ride!
In no time at all you will be in the land of steam and it does look steamy down there. I was just checking out the 10 day forecast!
:eek:

Glad you found us!
We are now FB friends!

The rubber rooms have been in the news a lot lately. Luckily, I don't teach for the NYC Department of Ed. I teach a a university operated lab school.
I had to have a tutorial on the "rubber rooms".

I could have used a couple of days without kids to get some work done. The way it worked this year, we had no time without kids. We walked them out, went home and changed for the funeral, ate lunch, went to the funeral and were done.
I cleaned off my desk last night.
I basically was checked out a few days ago.

Will anyone be checking around for Scales while you are gone? :sad1:
Sounds like you had a perfectly pampered day!! :goodvibes

Tracy

WOW! A question??!! for ME? I can't wait! :upsidedow
Ok, here we go....
For Mother's Day my gift was a VB weekender in Cup Cakes Pink.
I really want to take it for my carry on but would it be better to take a rolling bag for the cruise?
What do you think??

Shocker that sounds like an exhausting day!

Still no Scales? I am very worried about him.
I can't believe he told the Target parking lot story...
Tomorrow when we go to purchase the other two lounge chairs the back of the car WILL be empty.
Still no Scales....
Like I said, he's a stinka!

WHEW!! I'm just tired reading about your day!! Glad you were able to the get the furniture placed in the backyard! I bet it looks great!!!

I too am worried that Scales hasn't reappeared!! I'm sure he'll show up!!

Have a great Saturday Shocker and Anita!!!!!

It's been a busy day!
That darn tortoise, he's a mess!
Just think, when you come up to Kansas, you will be able to see our new furniture, you are coming up here aren't you?

You have a great weekend too!

I am coming your way....end of July!!! I'm heading home so I'll have to stop by!!

We ended up trading in the Civic for a Hyundai Tucson... sort of an SUV. I'll try to get pictures of it tomorrow when I take it out of the garage. Bigger, nicer car, with lower payments and a much better interest rate, PLUS lower insurance! Can't beat that!

I just checked the forecast, too... and it's nearly identical to the forecast here in Dallas for the same time period. Just with more humidity.

Will anyone be checking around for Scales while you are gone? :sad1:
Sounds like you had a perfectly pampered day!! :goodvibes

Tracy
The teacher I team with will be by, plus the pool guys will be over here working. We are getting a new liner installed.
So if he comes out of hiding. He will be taken to the pet store in town and pampered until we return.

I am coming your way....end of July!!! I'm heading home so I'll have to stop by!!
Oh boy! That will be fun!!!
taggong along for another fun report! Enjoy your vacation:cool1:
Woo Hoo, so glad you found us!
We ended up trading in the Civic for a Hyundai Tucson... sort of an SUV. I'll try to get pictures of it tomorrow when I take it out of the garage. Bigger, nicer car, with lower payments and a much better interest rate, PLUS lower insurance! Can't beat that!

I just checked the forecast, too... and it's nearly identical to the forecast here in Dallas for the same time period. Just with more humidity.

Congrats on the new car! Sounds perfect all the way around!
I'm not getting a very good feeling about my hair on this trip coming up....

Ok, here we go....
For Mother's Day my gift was a VB weekender in Cup Cakes Pink.
I really want to take it for my carry on but would it be better to take a rolling bag for the cruise?
What do you think??

Yikes, this is a hard question, but I forget that you will have already been at the resort and you can pack your luggage differently, AND it will be a different time of year than us, so IMO, They only let you bring a carry on that is "so big" -- they give you size... I don't know how strict they are, but this is a bag you have to keep with you, all over the boat. IF you can convince yourself to keep it light, and DO that, then I would say bring the weekender (don't you love it???) Meaning, decide what you need for TWO hours. That is it. Put that in the bag. You don't need all your toiletries, etc. Your luggage will arrrive before that. If it had been the time of year you are going, I would have brought my swim suit and coverup, flip flops, book, mug, sunscreen. MINIMAL toiletries. and left room enough to put my purse in it. THEN that is all I would bring on. It has a shoulder strap -- will that bother your arm?? -- but you can't over stuff. Because you have to carry it. to lunch, or to the pool deck, I would avoid getting in line for lunch as soon as you get on the boat. Instead, score deck chairs somewhere, and then change, let the big rush leave (have a drink) THEN get lunch. You can get food and bring it out to the tables outside. SO try to get a table first...
When is dinner seating? If it is the later slot, you have plenty of time to do everything and not worry about getting your things before you have to get ready, actually I think you have time even if you have the first seating, but that is only if you are going casual for dinner. I will definitely use it next cruise, just wont carry as much on with me. But I would hate for you to be uncomfortable... So just remember there will be lots of people, and there are stairs, and there are little lips in the floor in certain areas (since it is a ship) which may make the roller case harder.

Yikes, this is a hard question, but I forget that you will have already been at the resort and you can pack your luggage differently, AND it will be a different time of year than us, so IMO, They only let you bring a carry on that is "so big" -- they give you size... I don't know how strict they are, but this is a bag you have to keep with you, all over the boat. IF you can convince yourself to keep it light, and DO that, then I would say bring the weekender (don't you love it???) Meaning, decide what you need for TWO hours. That is it. Put that in the bag. You don't need all your toiletries, etc. Your luggage will arrrive before that. If it had been the time of year you are going, I would have brought my swim suit and coverup, flip flops, book, mug, sunscreen. MINIMAL toiletries. and left room enough to put my purse in it. THEN that is all I would bring on. It has a shoulder strap -- will that bother your arm?? -- but you can't over stuff. Because you have to carry it. to lunch, or to the pool deck, I would avoid getting in line for lunch as soon as you get on the boat. Instead, score deck chairs somewhere, and then change, let the big rush leave (have a drink) THEN get lunch. You can get food and bring it out to the tables outside. SO try to get a table first...
When is dinner seating? If it is the later slot, you have plenty of time to do everything and not worry about getting your things before you have to get ready, actually I think you have time even if you have the first seating, but that is only if you are going casual for dinner. I will definitely use it next cruise, just wont carry as much on with me. But I would hate for you to be uncomfortable... So just remember there will be lots of people, and there are stairs, and there are little lips in the floor in certain areas (since it is a ship) which may make the roller case harder.
What I'm thinking, is I can use my roller bag at the airport and stash the weekender in Baylor's carry-on to use on the cruise...
I don't even think we are going to need to take all of our stuff on the cruise. I'm wondering if Beach Club will hold it for us in bell services....:confused3
Thanks for the advice! I think we will grab seats as soon as we get onboard!

Wigd, are you taking Disney transportation to the cruise terminal, or are you getting town car service? Because if you're using Disney transportation, you'll almost definitely have access to your stateroom as soon as you board the ship - which means your carry-on isn't really a concern.

When we cruised, we used Disney transportation from OKW to the cruise terminal... left OKW @ 11:45 or so, arrived at the terminal around 1:00 or just after. By the time we got checked in and on the ship, it was almost 2:00, and the staterooms were open. We went straight to our room, dropped off our carry-ons, and then went to grab some lunch.

Wigd, I think they will probably hold your stuff. You could call and ask??
What time do you leave Sun?

Michelle--you just hit 1,000 posts! Cool!:cool1:

Wigd, are you taking Disney transportation to the cruise terminal, or are you getting town car service? Because if you're using Disney transportation, you'll almost definitely have access to your stateroom as soon as you board the ship - which means your carry-on isn't really a concern.

When we cruised, we used Disney transportation from OKW to the cruise terminal... left OKW @ 11:45 or so, arrived at the terminal around 1:00 or just after. By the time we got checked in and on the ship, it was almost 2:00, and the staterooms were open. We went straight to our room, dropped off our carry-ons, and then went to grab some lunch.

WigD -- Michelle has a good point. We were on the boat before they opened the rooms, so we had our bags. We wanted to get there early, because we didn't want to stand in the cattle lines at the terminal. You won't have your regular luggage yet, but it is a non-issue if you just bring what you need. Definitely wait a little to get lunch!

If you are not going to bring all your stuff with you on the cruise you would be happier I bet -- less luggage to store in the cabin.

We are taking Disney transportation. Unless something comes up. We are meeting some other cruisers and if they happen to want to split the cost of a car we might do that.

Wigd, I think they will probably hold your stuff. You could call and ask??
What time do you leave Sun?

Michelle--you just hit 1,000 posts! Cool!:cool1:
Our flight leaves at 7:30. My nail lady wants to take us to the airport. Isn't that the sweetest thing?
I'm going to ask Teena the greeter about getting our stuff held when we get there....

WigD -- Michelle has a good point. We were on the boat before they opened the rooms, so we had our bags. We wanted to get there early, because we didn't want to stand in the cattle lines at the terminal. You won't have your regular luggage yet, but it is a non-issue if you just bring what you need. Definitely wait a little to get lunch!

If you are not going to bring all your stuff with you on the cruise you would be happier I bet -- less luggage to store in the cabin.

I'm not fond of cattle lines either....
I just hope Baylor isn't his usual starving self!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter