DVC Disneyland Wish Club

Another website has a thread started in the last few days about a TV news report about DLR. The report said that DLR is getting a new hotel, and expansion to an existing hotel, and a possible third gate minipark. Water park was also thrown in. No mention of a DVC.

Add me/us to the list... When you live in Minnesota - Florida? California? What's the difference? :cheer2:

Over at MouseInfo.com today, Marcie (reputed to be an insider with Disney) posted that DVC would come to DLR before the Contemporary, and would be announced "sooner than later". Oh, I soooooo hope she is right!:tigger:

Over at MouseInfo.com today, Marcie (reputed to be an insider with Disney) posted that DVC would come to DLR before the Contemporary, and would be announced "sooner than later". Oh, I soooooo hope she is right!:tigger:
She also said that while it is still in discussion, the second DLR DVC property would come in 2-3 years.

well with the new ships coming in 2011 and 2012. most likely one of them is going to be at LA most of the time. im going to need a place to stay before the cruise. in 2008 im going on the panama cruise. so i will buy here. it might be hard to get in on the 7 month window. I want to be the first one to buy fron new jersey

We were just at the SSR arrived home yesterday, DVC is supposedly making an announcement and I was told it is the GC, Also a vendor showed up at the DVC offices looking for the model rooms for the AKV and CR to measure for curtains. So whatever that means ;) DVC will be very busy in the next few years.

We were just at the SSR arrived home yesterday, DVC is supposedly making an announcement and I was told it is the GC, Also a vendor showed up at the DVC offices looking for the model rooms for the AKV and CR to measure for curtains. So whatever that means ;) DVC will be very busy in the next few years.

Did they say when the GCV announcement is supposed to happen?

The guide who I was talking with was not our guide, My wife wanted to see a GrandVilla at SSR, as we were walking I asked him about future DVC properties and any additional plans for SSR. He told me they had a meeting today and he thinks it was to announce the Californian, when they announce to the DVC members I don't know. He also stated that a vendor had come looking for the model apartments for AKL and the Contemporary to measure for curtains and drapery. I think the guides are the last people to learn of anything, because he said they were all surprised with that comment. I think DVC has become extremely popular and the demand is there and they see that, 2 new ships being built 1 possibly being for DVC members, they will do the Californian and they will do the Contemporary sooner than later in my opinion, especially the Californian.

The guide who I was talking with was not our guide, My wife wanted to see a GrandVilla at SSR, as we were walking I asked him about future DVC properties and any additional plans for SSR. He told me they had a meeting today and he thinks it was to announce the Californian, when they announce to the DVC members I don't know. He also stated that a vendor had come looking for the model apartments for AKL and the Contemporary to measure for curtains and drapery. I think the guides are the last people to learn of anything, because he said they were all surprised with that comment. I think DVC has become extremely popular and the demand is there and they see that, 2 new ships being built 1 possibly being for DVC members, they will do the Californian and they will do the Contemporary sooner than later in my opinion, especially the Californian.

I was told that the guides literally only find out about new DVC resorts the day before they are announced. So very interesting. :scratchin

I want GCV too! :wizard:

Off to DLH next week to watch my two nieces enjoy Disney for 2 days (quickie trip)! :woohoo:

Will do. It was such a last minute trip that we're staying in a 1Bdrm suite at the DLH. No regular rooms were available at any of the Disney resorts on points. It's only one night so we're splurging.

We were at DLR on Friday. We walked around the south lawn at GCH, which is quite a large area. We saw the trees that were marked for removal, (As was previously posted) but also saw some (New?) Stakes up, one said "SE corner of building" (Exactly where the south East corner would logically be) the other said "Building Pop-out" which would be a pop out section similar to the existing wing I am assuming.
The question here is not if they are adding on to the GCH, (this seems pretty obvious) the real question is will it contain DVC units, and if so how many?

A DVC cart person told us that Jim Lewis was at DLR. He did not know if anything would be announced soon, but he thought something was brewing, although he did not say what, and Admitted that they are all in the dark right now.

Yes, there is definitely going to be an addition at the GCH.

It seems the ideal place to "test the waters" of a DLR DVC. It is such an ideal location and is the flagship hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter