DVC ressie with no tickets

I thought people were talking about buying 2021 tickets, not 2020. Sorry About thar!

2020 tickets are suspended until later this summer. But, anyone needing 2021 should be able to get the 24th of June.
If I want to buy an AP to use in 2021, can I at that point?
If not, can I buy a multi-day ticket, and then upgrade it online to an AP when AP sales resule?

If not, can I buy a multi-day ticket, and then upgrade it online to an AP when AP sales resule?

APs are on hold right now. They stopped sales Friday. We don’t know if they will resume on the 24th or not.

You can buy the multi day and upgrade to an AP...but I don’t know if you can do over the phone, or if you won’t be able to until you get there,

I have always done it in person.

That's what I was recommended to do by a cast member on the phone. Take that for what you will.

Just call the regular Disney number to buy the tickets. DVC doesn’t really convert to a pacKge...the information on the WDW website is geared to cash guests.

You just ask to purchase tickets since you have a DVC room only reservation. I don’t think MS can help with multi day tickets.
On the page where it talks about calling on the 24th it says call the reservation center but I'm not sure what number that would be. I'm stupidly confused lol. I'm not sure if I call the new tickets number or what. These are a couple of the options they gave. Otherwise i'm not sure what the regular number is.
Reservations and Tickets
Disney Resort Hotel
Reservations
(407) 939-1936
0800 16 90 730 (UK)
1800 812 676 (IE)

New Tickets
(407) 939-7679
0800 16 90 730 (UK)
1800 812 676 (IE)

I thought people were talking about buying 2021 tickets, not 2020. Sorry About thar!

2020 tickets are suspended until later this summer. But, anyone needing 2021 should be able to get the 24th of June.

I just chatted with Patrice, and asked when I could buy a ticket for my cousin for our Feb. 2021 trip (DVC) and she told me the 28th!

UGH

For the record....I'll be calling on the 24th to see if I can get her a ticket... :lovestruc

I just chatted with Patrice, and asked when I could buy a ticket for my cousin for our Feb. 2021 trip (DVC) and she told me the 28th!

UGH

For the record....I'll be calling on the 24th to see if I can get her a ticket... :lovestruc
I've heard both 24th and 28th. I plan on trying both.

UGH

This is what is making me crazy. I'm gonna call on the 24th too. I wish they would have stated the 24th for DVC

I'm sure there has been some insight on this, but thus far I haven't found it. We have an upcoming stay at BCV booked for October, but I was waiting to buy tickets as I was contemplating annual passes since I was expecting to return in less than 12 months from this next trip.

However, now, I don't have tickets and while I have a reservation, I'm wondering if/when they will allow us to purchase tickets? What are the chances I will lose out on even getting into the parks at all? I wouldn't mind if we had SAB, but without it, and without access to at least Epcot or Hollywood Studios I would be pretty bummed.

Some of these points were banked points so I'm torn about renting my reservation or how they would handle canceling it if I couldn't get into the parks. Any insight anyone might have, even guesses about what my options might be, I would love to hear them.

I am in the same boat (just non DVC). I was told today it will be later this summer before new ticket sales for 2020 are released. We have a hotel res for Swan Oct 13-16. I called the Swan to reconfirm the reservation and to see if I could possibly purchase advance tickets through them. She said "tickets are being released now but the system is so backed up due to volume" I am not 100% sure I believe her but I am hopeful they will release them soon! Good Luck to you!

This is so frustrating. Our AP expired June, but was extended to 10/10/20. We have split stay 11/27-12/11. I can't make park reservation because AP expires before stay, nor can I renew. DVC CM was no help. We explained that AP can only renew 60 days out and by then, everyone and their mother will have had a chance to book with park reservation for that week. CM calmly said, "That's ok you'll just have to keep trying and maybe you'll get in once you've renewed." How is that ok? Ha. We didn't want the extension, we wanted to cash out and apply to 2020-21 AP (since we won't be using in during the extension). Anyone else in a similar boat?

Yes. Our current APs now expire in January, but after cancelling August and December trips, we aren't going again until next spring. I can't get my refund yet, and can't renew. I really just want a new AP (which should have a lower price since you can't hop), but can't buy one yet. Further, I shouldn't have to outlay cash for new APs 10 months before they are needed. DVC members should be allowed to reserve park entry with a DVC resort stay per se! They had no problem taking our full monthly dues during the shutdown, so where is the payback!!!

And I was told by a DVC chat rep that I couldn't book at all, even on the 28th. I don't think they handled this well at all.
What? Why wouldn't we be able to do it on the 28th even?! I mean if that turns out to be the case I'll cancel. Seems like they didn't train the reps very well on this.

It is unclear how DVC reservations will be treated for Disney on June 28th for tickets, The info only discusses cash guests. Someone would want to call.
So I'm really sorry but I'm so confused. We bought someone else's points for their DVC in January so we weren't planning to do a package. We were planning to get our tickets from Undercover Tourist. So I am not sure what we need to do. Can we buy the tickets now and add them to our reservation or do we have to wait till the 24th? But if we do will we have to do it as a package now? Ugh so confusing.
I wonder if it's because I'm using rented points and I am not a DVC member. I would assume I still qualify to make park reservations, but maybe I should call tomorrow to be 100 percent certain.
I did a chat and was told to call on the 24th but I'm not sure what number to call. I think everything else you said is correct from what I understand

When I did the chat I told her I had a DVC and she still told me I should call on the 24th. I sure hope I can buy tickets.

I was told yesterday on chat that even though I have a DVC room only reservation (rented points) for 2021 I would need to wait until the 28th to add tickets and make a park pass reservation.

I was told yesterday on chat that even though I have a DVC room only reservation (rented points) for 2021 I would need to wait until the 28th to add tickets and make a park pass reservation.

It seems we are getting different answers still! But, if Disney CMs are anything, it is inconsistent!

At lease we know for sure that DVC reservations count and at the latest, the 28th!

So I have an AP that expired 5/2, that they've now extended to 8/29. I requested it to be cancelled. Will having this AP active - because it hasn't been cancelled yet - prevent me from purchasing a new AP? I don't want to renew that AP, because at the earliest I'll be traveling in November and have trips planned for Feb, Apr, and Oct in 2021, so I want to activate the AP in November. Ugggh, this is also so frustrating. Why are they have park days for 2021 reserved now, rather than 60-90 days in advance like dining is? And When will they cancel my AP?

So I have an AP that expired 5/2, that they've now extended to 8/29. I requested it to be cancelled. Will having this AP active - because it hasn't been cancelled yet - prevent me from purchasing a new AP? I don't want to renew that AP, because at the earliest I'll be traveling in November and have trips planned for Feb, Apr, and Oct in 2021, so I want to activate the AP in November. Ugggh, this is also so frustrating. Why are they have park days for 2021 reserved now, rather than 60-90 days in advance like dining is? And When will they cancel my AP?

That won’t prevent you from buying a new AP...just choose to purchase the new voucher. They have not given a timeline for cancel. You can book park days with it though until it disappears and hope that you get the new voucher before it does,

I know this because I have a canceled ticket linked to my account I bought from UT...it let me use it yesterday to get park days for a guest who doesn’t have a ticket.

In terms of park days, I don’t know. Maybe they wanted people to know this system was staying around for at least 15 months?

Plus, reserving park days and dining are different...one most likely would not Cancel if they couldn’t get certain restaurants.

However, not finding out you can’t get into a park is a different story. The drawback is, of course, that now people have to purchase tickets ahead of time and for members who waited, it is going to be a choice,

I am hoping when AP sales resume, they change the rental window because it was set at 60 days for booking FPs...now that we can book 2021 trips, I’d like to renew now so I can book Feb and March trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter