DVC ressie with no tickets

Anyone else think Disney is reserving separate amounts of availability for the park reservations based on type of guest? Why would the Disney Park Pass Availability page need to show availability calendars for Disney Resort Guests separately from non-resort APs and non-resort ticket holders if it was a free for all? I'm holding out hope that they have accounted for us with existing reservations and no tickets in the initial reservation allocation.

And if non-resort ticket holder availability is limited, what a great way to push some more cash resort sales later on by reserving resort guest park availability.

Anyone else think Disney is reserving separate amounts of availability for the park reservations based on type of guest? Why would the Disney Park Pass Availability page need to show availability calendars for Disney Resort Guests separately from non-resort APs and non-resort ticket holders if it was a free for all? I'm holding out hope that they have accounted for us with existing reservations and no tickets in the initial reservation allocation.

And if non-resort ticket holder availability is limited, what a great way to push some more cash resort sales later on by reserving resort guest park availability.

I think it is built that way so once all types can book, they can choose type of ticket.

I think it will be tied in some way to new sales. Right now, AP holders are all grey because they can not book anything yet...u less they fall under resort guest.

Have you called the VIPassholder line. I have read of a few who were allowed to get a renewal certificate because the extension actually took them out of the 60 days.

We were able to renew AP early though 10/2021. I actually called VIPassholder line and was transferred to ticketing. All day yesterday + 4 hours today and we got this resolved and are booked for the duration of the trip. I will say, if you purchase with ticketing you'll have to re-assign the passes to the correct folks in your party. Thank you for the suggestion! (For those who are hopeful for the week after Thanksgiving-- we booked all our desired parks without any issue).

I have a reservation for Dec 2020 through DVC at SSR. DH and I have APs that are unused but in our account. So, of course when I go to AP tab, the days are greyed out. But why aren't I able to make a park reservation using my SSR stay? Is it because DVC is not a Disney reservation or do you think it's because I recently added my reservation about a week ago? My APs have been in there since I bought them.

Sorry if this is a stupid question or if it has been answered.

I'm so confused by all of this.

My family has DVC reservations for September 2020. My fiancee and I both have APs that expire end of September. The rest of our party does not have tickets at this point. If they are unable to obtain park tickets, they plan to cancel the trip. But if Disney doesn't open up new ticket purchases for 2020 until after the parks open in mid-July, and I don't call to cancel the remainder of my own AP until I find out whether the rest of my party can get tickets after this point, I'm going to lose six months worth of my passes? That seems ridiculously backward.

I was told yesterday on chat that even though I have a DVC room only reservation (rented points) for 2021 I would need to wait until the 28th to add tickets and make a park pass reservation.

Yes, that makes sense because you do not have tickets yet. In my situation, I already have tickets, so I was able to make my park selections yesterday.

I was told yesterday on chat that even though I have a DVC room only reservation (rented points) for 2021 I would need to wait until the 28th to add tickets and make a park pass reservation.
I don't understand then why they told me the 24th. They really don't know. I'm gonna try to call anyway if I can figure out which number to call. It's so frustrating though that people going through DVC are getting the short end of the stick.
Yes, that makes sense because you do not have tickets yet. In my situation, I already have tickets, so I was able to make my park selections yesterday.
But on the website it says that on the 24th people with a room only reservation can call and get tickets and reservations.

I have a reservation for Dec 2020 through DVC at SSR. DH and I have APs that are unused but in our account. So, of course when I go to AP tab, the days are greyed out. But why aren't I able to make a park reservation using my SSR stay? Is it because DVC is not a Disney reservation or do you think it's because I recently added my reservation about a week ago? My APs have been in there since I bought them.

Sorry if this is a stupid question or if it has been answered.

Not a stupid question - are you sure your APs and room reservations are all linked to the same account on MDE?

I don't understand then why they told me the 24th. They really don't know. I'm gonna try to call anyway if I can figure out which number to call. It's so frustrating though that people going through DVC are getting the short end of the stick.

But on the website it says that on the 24th people with a room only reservation can call and get tickets and reservations.

Here's the Disney page that shows what can be done on the three dates - 22nd, 26th and 28th: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/ .

Edit: I missed the previous poster's comment about calling, which it does say that you can call on the 24th. Thanks for pointing out this, @DonnerB !

Last edited:
[QUOTE="I don't understand then why they told me the 24th. They really don't know. I'm gonna try to call anyway if I can figure out which number to call. It's so frustrating though that people going through DVC are getting the short end of the stick.]

When are you calling tomorrow? What time? Do I try at midnight or will be like 7am EST the lines are open?

I haven't seen the 24th on any site (but I haven't looked at all of the sites out there for sure!). Here's the Disney page that shows what can be done on the three dates - 22nd, 26th and 28th: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/ .

A few paragraphs below those three dates it says:

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations."

Reservation Center phone number is (407) 939-1936 and hours are 7a-11p EST according to Google.

That won’t prevent you from buying a new AP...just choose to purchase the new voucher. They have not given a timeline for cancel. You can book park days with it though until it disappears and hope that you get the new voucher before it does,

I know this because I have a canceled ticket linked to my account I bought from UT...it let me use it yesterday to get park days for a guest who doesn’t have a ticket.

Are you sure about this? I don't believe a person can have 2 different overlapping APs on their account at the same time.

Are you sure about this? I don't believe a person can have 2 different overlapping APs on their account at the same time.

Vouchers for APs are not given a start date until activated, so you can. There are people who bought vouchers before price increases to activate later.

I haven't seen the 24th on any site (but I haven't looked at all of the sites out there for sure!). Here's the Disney page that shows what can be done on the three dates - 22nd, 26th and 28th: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/experience-updates/park-reservations/ .

Yea, I am not optimistic that tomorrow DVC resort reservations will be able to add tickets for 2021 unless they booked direct through Disney and can upgrade to a package. Many will try though, so I am sure we will hear either way. I have read it left and right and I feel like the 24th is only if you can make your reservation into a package which isnt the case for DVC stays on points or rented points.

"If you have a room-only reservation at a Disney Resort or other select hotel for a stay in 2021, please call the Disney Reservation Center or call your travel professional beginning on June 24 to upgrade to a vacation package with tickets—and then make your theme park reservations."

Reservation Center phone number is (407) 939-1936 and hours are 7a-11p EST according to Google.

Good point - I missed the part about calling. I updated my previous comment. Thanks!

Thank you. I appreciate it.

[QUOTE="I don't understand then why they told me the 24th. They really don't know. I'm gonna try to call anyway if I can figure out which number to call. It's so frustrating though that people going through DVC are getting the short end of the stick.]

When are you calling tomorrow? What time? Do I try at midnight or will be like 7am EST the lines are open?
DonnerB posted the phone number and times.

Thank you. I appreciate it.
I hope it works! I have CCV booked on points for January. Others have pointed out that we aren’t sure if this will qualify for ticket purchase tomorrow since you cannot normally upgrade those stays to a “vacation package.” Anecdotally, I have been told by DVC CMs twice this week that I’ll be able to buy tickets and make Park reservations tomorrow. Here’s hoping!

I hope it works! I have CCV booked on points for January. Others have pointed out that we aren’t sure if this will qualify for ticket purchase tomorrow since you cannot normally upgrade those stays to a “vacation package.” Anecdotally, I have been told by DVC CMs twice this week that I’ll be able to buy tickets and make Park reservations tomorrow. Here’s hoping!
Yeah I have had one tell me to call tomorrow so I figure I will at least try it. I would kick myself if I didn't at least try and find out later I could have. I hope it works out for both of us! BTW I love where we will be staying but I'm jealous of where you will be. I have stayed at the Lodge and VWL a number of times but haven't had to chance to stay at CCV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter