eBay Dreams Contest items and Treasure Detector Magic

That's really weird that some people need credit cards to register...I've been a member for eBay for several months now, and I'm only 18, so I don't even own a credit card yet. I've even bought 8-10 items, but I've always just paid through check/money order. So somehow I was able to register just fine, I guess just keep trying?

Grumpy_Disney_Dad said:
I think the criteria may be what kind of email account you have. It may be if youhave a free email account (Yahoo, hotmail, MSN) they ask for a credit card
I have a AOL emial and they asked me for a CC.....
hmmmmm

I found this under ebay's Help section for registering new accounts:

If the email address you entered during registration cannot be used to verify your identity, you will be asked to place your credit or debit card on file. This usually happens for one of the following reasons:

The email address came from a free, Web-based account such as a Yahoo! or Hotmail account.

The email address is invalid when eBay attempts to send a message to this email address and it is repeatedly bounced back to eBay.

Yvette

Laurabearz said:
I have a AOL emial and they asked me for a CC.....
hmmmmm

I've used AOL emails and they didn't ask me for a CC #... :confused3

AOL is not a "free" service like Yahoo or Hotmail. Any email associated with a "paid" service requires identity verification which is why Ebay does not require a credit card verification for these.

i almost forgot about it but i just did it. I hope we get the code by tommarrow

Also does anybody know if we get a code for each correct mickey or 1 code for getting them all.

does anybody know?

alphawazup

i hope the stuff will be tradeable, because that sounds WAY too confusing for me, lol. gl to all who enter!

~GS

bevgray said:
AOL is not a "free" service like Yahoo or Hotmail. Any email associated with a "paid" service requires identity verification which is why Ebay does not require a credit card verification for these.

That's what's so weird though. I used one of my extra gmail accounts to try it out to see if I'd need a credit card, and it didn't ask for one. Gmail is free, but you need an invite to sign up. So I gave someone from here an invite for Gmail and they tried to sign up and it asked for a credit card.

Also, I used my hotmail email address and it wanted my credit card information before it would let me register. However, at the same time, King was able to use his hotmail email address and get registered without a credit card. Go figure!!!!

Ebay's way of doing things is just as confusing as VMK's... No wonder they are partnering together.... :confused3

jisom12 said:
Check out eBay Holiday Dreams Sweepstakes for VMK Prizes :cool1:
See under "Prizes" at the bottom. :thumbsup2

http://www.winit.ebay.com

Hidden Mickey Bonus Prizes
Submit Hidden Mickey selections November 24 - December 3 for Virtual Magic Kingdom prizes!

Every day you find Hidden Mickey, eBay will send a special bonus code to My Messages in My eBay, allowing you to claim a virtual item to use in Disney's free online game, Virtual Magic Kingdom. Collect all seven prizes and be the envy of the Kingdom!
Dreams Captain Hook Chair
Dreams Castle Turret Chair
Dreams Pirates Turret Chair
Dreams Castle Pin
Dreams Poster
Dreams T-Shirt
Treasure Detector Magic

sweet, my dad is getting the code for the first day, cant wait for magic!

threeboysmom said:
Ebay's way of doing things is just as confusing as VMK's... No wonder they are partnering together.... :confused3
Oh my, yes. After scowling at Ebay from afar, VMK found they had just too much in common. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

aliceblue said:
Oh my, yes. After scowling at Ebay from afar, VMK found they had just too much in common. :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
It is not VMK that did this. This is a contest thought up between the Disney Company and ebay.
They just threw in the VMK codes as a way for people to get extra entries.

I am gone from early this morning to late at night so i hope i can do it then at some time.

Also i can't wait to see what the prizes look like

*Spoiler warning* since we all are helping each other i have put the mickeys i have found today below in white out. *Spoiler warning*

Donald 4
Goofy 5 (they put it right on the line, i chosse 5 but i could be 4)
Goofy 2
Mickey 5
It is in Epcot but i am not sure which one

there if somebody could help me with the park it would be appriciated

alphawazup

Alphawazup said:
*Spoiler warning* since we all are helping each other i have put the mickeys i have found today below in white out. *Spoiler warning*

Donald 4
Goofy 5 (they put it right on the line, i chosse 5 but i could be 4)
Goofy 2
Mickey 5
It is in Epcot but i am not sure which one

there if somebody could help me with the park it would be appriciated

alphawazup

it's Epcot, Future World
I know what you mean about the goofy5, I entered it twice today, once as 4 then as 5. They really stuck that on right on the line!
Kim

Anyone get codes yet? Between my account and my wife's nothing has been sent yet to our Ebay Messages as of 9AM EST this morning.

NotAZoo said:
Anyone get codes yet? Between my account and my wife's nothing has been sent yet to our Ebay Messages as of 9AM EST this morning.

Well, they did say there might be a few days delay with the first days of the contest due to the holiday and all...

LuvN~Travel said:
it's Epcot, Future World
I know what you mean about the goofy5, I entered it twice today, once as 4 then as 5. They really stuck that on right on the line!
Kim

You know that only your last entry counts right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter