eBay Dreams Contest items and Treasure Detector Magic

aeryn said:
Well, they did say there might be a few days delay with the first days of the contest due to the holiday and all...

it was only the day after thanksgiving it started...was ebay like waiting because they thought people would buy more instead of going to the malls??

i want my code! does anybody know if u need just one right mickey coordinate to get the code? HELP!

bevgray said:
AOL is not a "free" service like Yahoo or Hotmail. Any email associated with a "paid" service requires identity verification which is why Ebay does not require a credit card verification for these.

Actually, AOL changed to a free service in September. There are still some flavors of AOL accounts that you can pay for but you can now get an account for free.

hdmonkeybug said:
You know that only your last entry counts right?
Uh no? Does it? so which one would y'all enter, four or five? It's right on the line! lol
Kim

LuvN~Travel said:
Uh no? Does it? so which one would y'all enter, four or five? It's right on the line! lol
Kim

It's been said a few times that people who worked for ebay said that if it's right on a line, either answer will count. And anyway, if you just want the vmk prize, it looks like you really only need to find one mickey, so if you're not sure of one, don't stress about it. At least that's the way things read.

oh why didn't I register immediately when i saw this thread? My dh bought me a Christmas gift yesterday on ebay. :( I could have been a pampered princess on our upcoming trip! princess:

Peacefully said:
...And anyway, if you just want the vmk prize, it looks like you really only need to find one mickey, so if you're not sure of one, don't stress about it. At least that's the way things read.
I kind of read it that way too... but is it just me or can it be read that you get a VMK code for each correct Mickey submitted?

I think so, i believe it said for five extra chances to win...

Treasure Magic is single use :(
magicda3.png

~Spongeblair

You mean you /just/ got it? Like it wasn't there 5 minutes ago but now it is? Just wondering if they're still handing out codes right now or if I probably have to wait until tomorrow.

I just got a code and it was for the Dreams Poster. Not my first pick, but nice none-the-less and I have nine more tries. :)

My girlfriend though got two codes for some reason. I mean she entered yesterday and this morning (as I did) and she got both codes at the same time (two separate messages, though). The first code she entered was for the Dreams Poster. The second was for Treasure Detector Magic with which she got nothing. That TD Magic is lame and I really hope I don't get it...

(As I posted in another thread...)
Treasure Detection Magic - Hyped on VMK for over a year.
Finally Released as random prize in eBay/Disney promotion.
If you get one it's untradable, unkeepable, single-use "trash" magic.
And the Trash Magic expires in 1 Day so it's not even like Coral Magic that you can wear around to show off for a while - you got to use it asap.
You use it and what do you get? 25 credits? Wanted Poster? Nothing?

Treasure Detection Magic is a big hot air dud, if you ask me.

Goofy_Bob said:
I just got a code and it was for the Dreams Poster. Not my first pick, but nice none-the-less and I have nine more tries. :)

My girlfriend though got two codes for some reason. I mean she entered yesterday and this morning (as I did) and she got both codes at the same time (two separate messages, though). The first code she entered was for the Dreams Poster. The second was for Treasure Detector Magic with which she got nothing. That TD Magic is lame and I really hope I don't get it...

(As I posted in another thread...)
Treasure Detection Magic - Hyped on VMK for over a year.
Finally Released as random prize in eBay/Disney promotion.
If you get one it's untradable, unkeepable, single-use "trash" magic.
And the Trash Magic expires in 1 Day so it's not even like Coral Magic that you can wear around to show off for a while - you got to use it asap.
You use it and what do you get? 25 credits? Wanted Poster? Nothing?

Treasure Detection Magic is a big hot air dud, if you ask me.

Agreed -- I won it --- I had to use it ASAP---I got a wanted poster to added to the many other wanted posters I traded lots of things to get a year ago. I think the magic pin should have given you something that no one else has. All that year long hype for nothing special.

I really want the boat chair.

Dianne

I finally got my codes...two ebay accounts...got me two treasure detector magic pins. I haven't used them yet...but I can take my time...they are good for 30 days.

It seems one of my accounts didn't go (must have signed in wrong I guess as I had to register for the competition tonight for that account)

But I got my Capt Hook Chair! Awesome! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter