Europe cruises/travel summer 2020 -Anyone else thinking of cancelling??

I’m on this one and PIF already. Two GTY rooms. Planning to watch after tomorrow to see what happens to room choices and prices. I have a verandah but my parents don’t so we might be upgrading them and are all hoping for the best.
Maybe you will get my room :-) I looked and several people have cancelled suites, prices are the same as when I booked last year.

Maybe you will get my room :-) I looked and several people have cancelled suites, prices are the same as when I booked last year.
On the 7/1 12 nt Greek Isles? I'm only seeing 3 rooms (aft deck 5 and 6 verandahs) that are not in GTY and there is no Concierge available

On the 7/1 12 nt Greek Isles? I'm only seeing 3 rooms (aft deck 5 and 6 verandahs) that are not in GTY and there is no Concierge available
@tidefan - same I checked right when I saw this comment. I am going to try not to drive myself crazy watching for the room assignment ;)

they actually have no way of making that claim as yet.
We still don't know enough to make that determination.
in any case, it is highly contagious.
As to whether it's more or less contagious than the flu is irrelevant.

I certainly don't desire to get into a debate on the subject. For now, I am deferring to the experts (instead of the many varying opinions on the internet), but understand that things will evolve as we know more.

And yes, it is relevant that it is less contagious than the flu, because it helps us gauge the severity of the contagiousness. Without something to compare it to that we are familiar with, saying it is "highly contagious" isn't very meaningful. It can be prevented by washing hands before touching your face or eating, and not being near someone (approx. 6 feet) who is coughing the droplets into the air. It is actually very preventable when people take appropriate precautions.

Last edited:
I wonder if a number of us have had it already and didn't even know...

So true. I have had cold-like symptoms last couple of days. I know it is more than likely just a cold. But I have a dad in a nursing home. While I most likely would not visit him while not feeling well, this minor run with the sniffles has me taking extra precautions. We have a possible case at a local hospital that they are unsure if they will even test because the person hasn't travelled... 🙄

So true. I have had cold-like symptoms last couple of days. I know it is more than likely just a cold. But I have a dad in a nursing home. While I most likely would not visit him while not feeling well, this minor run with the sniffles has me taking extra precautions. We have a possible case at a local hospital that they are unsure if they will even test because the person hasn't travelled... 🙄

Same. My husband has a "cold" now - with a cough and fatigue but no congestion or fever. Its probably a random virus but how could we know? Its not like they can test him anyway.

I’m on this one and PIF already. Two GTY rooms. Planning to watch after tomorrow to see what happens to room choices and prices. I have a verandah but my parents don’t so we might be upgrading them and are all hoping for the best.
Do you know if it’s possibly to upgrade after PIF but before just asking for a port upgrade on the day of sailing? Any chance DCL will offer reduced prices for the upgrade if lots of cancellations come in? My parents are thinking of upgrading as well for our cruise and I hate to wait until the day of the cruise at the port!

Same. My husband has a "cold" now - with a cough and fatigue but no congestion or fever. Its probably a random virus but how could we know? Its not like they can test him anyway.

If... you could convince them... if... Cost $3000.00 That is a cruise for some. The cost of a cruise. The four of us-to be tested? $12,000. Getting close to a semester cost at a state college. I'll assume a cold, feel better, and then visit my dad.

If... you could convince them... if... Cost $3000.00 That is a cruise for some. The cost of a cruise. The four of us-to be tested? $12,000. Getting close to a semester cost at a state college. I'll assume a cold, feel better, and then visit my dad.
Maybe this article helps: https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/wuhan-man-details-what-it-feels-like-to-have-coronavirus/

My travel agent had clients on the Diamond Princess that had the quarantine, then flew to an air force base for another quarantine and were finally released yesterday. They drove from Texas to AZ. They had been gone 50 days. blech. Keeping people quarantined on the ship was like keeping them in a petri dish. Not fun! The over-reaction seems to be worse than the virus at this time.

Others aren't too worried -- a friend's 18-yr-old DD left for Europe yesterday with a student travel group. I sure wouldn't want to chaperone a group of teens at risk for a possible quarantine. here's hoping everything goes well for them, and everyone else.

My travel agent also said that travel insurance won't cover a pandemic. Read the small print!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter