Favorite movie snack?

Yeah - Twizzlers are a Hershey product, or at least Hershey's bought out the company.

I'm rather big on just regular popcorn. However, we've got some places that operate on a different model (a combination of stadium seating, tables, and love seats) with a full kitchen and service to the table. Order at the front, got a number to place at the table or counter, and wait for the order. This place also has alcohol. There are other places like that.

Even the big chains have alcohol now. Our local AMC and Regal locations have beer and wine, although it's all in the lobby.

I don't particularly like any kind of beverage during a movie for obvious reasons. I can't quite figure out why anyone would order a large soda. A beer is another matter, although I'm usually pushing it when it comes to making it, unless I go before the movie starts. I kind of wish there were intermissions. I'm wondering why theaters don't schedule intermissions any more since they could sell more stuff.
Free refills!

Free refills!

Some of the movie theaters around here have self-serve beverages now. A couple that I go to have the Coke Freestyle machines. So basically once you've got the cup it's as many refills as you want. I think some even stay after the movie and just reload. The last theater I went to even had tables and seats in the lobby, and a lot of the patrons are those getting refills on popcorn or sodas after a movie.

However, I certainly wouldn't overload on beverages before a movie starts. I've tried it and the pain of holding it just isn't worth it.

I can't remember the last time I purchased something from the concession stand at a movie theater. Probably not in this millennium. On the very rare occasions we visit a movie theater, we sneak in bottled water and 98c boxes of Junior Mints from Walmart in my handbag.

Some of the movie theaters around here have self-serve beverages now. A couple that I go to have the Coke Freestyle machines. So basically once you've got the cup it's as many refills as you want. I think some even stay after the movie and just reload. The last theater I went to even had tables and seats in the lobby, and a lot of the patrons are those getting refills on popcorn or sodas after a movie.

However, I certainly wouldn't overload on beverages before a movie starts. I've tried it and the pain of holding it just isn't worth it.
We share. I don't drink a lot of it, but with salty popcorn I need a few sips. DH can easily drink a large by himself and not have to go, though, he's like a camel!

We share. I don't drink a lot of it, but with salty popcorn I need a few sips. DH can easily drink a large by himself and not have to go, though, he's like a camel!

I don't have a strong bladder.

Kind of reminds me of this one promo I remember before a movie. It showed a guy seeing a movie by himself with some popcorn and a soda. He surrounded on both sides by other patrons, including one guy who apparently is going after his popcorn. So he takes it away from that side and moves it closer to the woman sitting next to him on the other side, and she sees it as a sign that he's flirting with her. She then takes a sip from his soda and he's kind of grossed out. However, he responds to it by taking out the straw and inserting the other end. I don't really get what turning a straw around would do. It's still got whatever saliva ended up in there.

I can't remember the last time I purchased something from the concession stand at a movie theater. Probably not in this millennium. On the very rare occasions we visit a movie theater, we sneak in bottled water and 98c boxes of Junior Mints from Walmart in my handbag.

I really don't think most movie theaters are concerned with anyone bringing in plain water.

I haven't been to a cinema for a new release in years except to see TCM Big Screen Classics, but my go to is a bucket of buttered pop corn and a diet Coke. I rarely get candy but if I were it would definitely be something with chocolate. I used to love milk duds or pom poms.

I wish there was a place around here that would show older movies.

I wish there was a place around here that would show older movies.
If you go to the fathom events website and put in your zip code , it'll show you where they're playing. We've seen Sound of Music, Ten Commandments, Roman Holiday, King and I and. The Godfather in recent months. It's great to see these classics on the big screen again or for the first time.

Our local theater we go to most of the time just replaced their babysitting section with a wine bar.
They also have loyalty soda cups that you can buy and refill for $1.50. Worth it for us. If we have to go, we get up and go......:rotfl:
Also for every $25 gift card to buy you get a free med. popcorn voucher. We always buy the GC, and get popcorn sometimes, so I have a big pile in my purse.
I do bring in my chocolate.
Courtesy water is available. Just ask.

DS goes to Alamo Drafthouse often. Food and drink are offered there. Big comfy seats

If we watch a movie at home then nothing, don't really snack at home when watching tv- but in the movie theater it has got to be buttered popcorn! Sometimes with a coke and sometimes with water-but always popcorn. I am tempted to buy other food like pizza, etc but always end up having popcorn- many times the popcorn ends up being our dinner because we eat so much popcorn we are not hungry for anything else after the show!

Usually just a water or diet coke but if I'm feeling crazy I'll get some raisinettes or snocaps. Popcorn always seems like a good idea but I am always done after a few bites and it seems like a waste to spend movie theater prices and throw most of it out.

DDs boyfriend always gets his free popcorn refill on his way out. This last weekend we went to a small theater in semi-rural northern Michigan where I grew up. The ticket prices were $5 and an x-large popcorn was $3, a large pop was $2. A night at the movies for $10 altogether. On the way out he asked for his free refill. They were actually out of popcorn since it was the last show of the night and like she told him, the refills wouldn't be free anyway.

Same here. It’s about 20 bucks for a glass a cheap wine. Lol. My go to is popcorn. Just can’t resist the smell
I guess when I posted about having liquor options, I never answered the actual question LOL. Plain popcorn and a coke, that’s what we always get. Never varies :-)

Same here. It’s about 20 bucks for a glass a cheap wine. Lol. My go to is popcorn. Just can’t resist the smell

Our prices are pretty much regular bar prices. A jack and diet coke are less than $10 and it's for a large pour that will get me through half a small popcorn and the movie. If I was paying $20 for a crappy glass of wine, my habits might change! Even live performances aren't that much around here.

Small popcorn light butter & salt.
Once in awhile red vines.

Not much of a soda drinker, so I just end up thirsty unless I bring/sneak in a bottle of water, no way I’m spending $4+ for a bottle I’d Dasani.

I really don't think most movie theaters are concerned with anyone bringing in plain water.

They don't do bag search anymore, but our theater sells bottled water for $4 so I think they would care if people brought their own. You can, however, get a free 6 oz cup of water and ice. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they lowered their concession prices if sales would go up enough to make it profitable? I'm less likely to sneak in my bottle of water if thier's only cost $1-2.

They don't do bag search anymore, but our theater sells bottled water for $4 so I think they would care if people brought their own. You can, however, get a free 6 oz cup of water and ice. :rolleyes:

I wonder if they lowered their concession prices if sales would go up enough to make it profitable? I'm less likely to sneak in my bottle of water if thier's only cost $1-2.

I've walked in carrying a full Nalgene bottle in plain view. I understand that they might sell bottled water, but it's one of those weird things where I think most movie theaters have better things to worry about than whether someone is cutting into their margins by bringing in ordinary water. Kind of related, but I remember going to a baseball game (Anaheim Angels) where the policy was no outside food, and the only outside beverages one could bring in were sealed, commercially produced bottled water in plastic up to 1 liter. One could also bring in an empty container and refill inside, which I suppose was supposed to take care of people sneaking in alcohol. I brought in some plastic bottles containing sparkling mineral water.

Most movie theaters say they'll give away courtesy cups, but they tend to be really small. Maybe so small they'll fall through a cup holder.

Popcorn without butter a Coke with sugar. Our only theatre is a 12 screen AMC who will be selling alcoholic drinks the first of 2018. They just remodeled the whole theatre and all seats are now reclining. There are so many horrible movies now that it's hard to stay awake. Muncie, IN

Our prices are pretty much regular bar prices. A jack and diet coke are less than $10 and it's for a large pour that will get me through half a small popcorn and the movie. If I was paying $20 for a crappy glass of wine, my habits might change! Even live performances aren't that much around here.
It’s about $10 at a concert venue for a decent wine. We stick to soda at the movies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter