Gettysburg GG

June is a great time for us. It's a slow time business-wise for both Rick & me. I will definitely discuss this with him when he gets home & see how he feels about it. We visited Gettysburg in July 1999, and it was over 100 degrees the day we were there, so we toured most of it by car & didn't walk around much. I would love to go back.

Jim,,,,,as usual,,,,,GREAT idea!!!

I'm in! I already miss you guys!

Mid -late June works great and I'm good with any of the mentioned locations! I really hope some of those who couldn't make to the fort can come!

:banana:

Always wanted to go to Gettysburg. Just waiting for dates to put in for vacation. Going to make it part of our east coast swing. Cant wait to meet everyone. Wife wants to see a ghost. I'm pretty sure if she sees one it means a lack of sleep. She wont let me sleep.:surfweb:

Sounds like 2 GG's are in order. One in Pigeon Forge, one in Gettysburg. :thumbsup2

May would be a good time for PF, not too hot yet. And if some folk can make them both it would leave June open for them.

One suggestion for PF tho, the weekends are crazy there, especially traffic. During the week would be alot less busy and alot more fun.

If the GG is in Pigeon Forge, would that make us Forge Fiends? :confused3

I'm afraid I'll only be able to do one or the other. :sad1:

So, us northerners would be canadian rednecks :)...lol

Canada.gif

Did Gettysburg last June (at the KOA) and weather was fantastic. We were planning on Richmond area this June, but could probably get a few days at Gettysburg. As long as I'm on my annual summertime-Civil-War-sightseeing-and-camping tour it's all good.

We just redid Gettysburg (only about 90 min from us) this May after probably 15 years+ and really enjoyed it and we added in the National Civil War Museum in Harrisburg, Pa. on our way to Maine (really well worth it from the articles donated by the relatives of some of the more historic Civil War figures) and hit Valley Forge on the way home and I highly recommend all of these. Also, take the extra time at Gettysburg and visit the Eisenhower Farm/Home next to Gettysburg. If you do this take the time to visit the barns on the Eisenhower Farm where a lot of his cattle ribbons and history are posted/displayed. Also, take the time to look at all the buildings since his golf cart he used to take dignitaries around and some of the other stuff is not readily visible unless you walk up to the building and look around it.

I also highly recommend the CD self guided tour things you can purchase for both Gettysburg and Valley Forge.

Larry

Wasn't there talk about Williamsburg, so that it would be kind of half way for the northerners and half way for the southerners?

Gettysburg is fine with me, either way. Williamsburg and Gettysburg are both places we have wanted to visit. And are both pretty much the same distance for us. End of June is best for us since the kids don't get out of school until June 19, if we don't have too many snow days. We always take off on a trip that day so just point me in the direction I'm heading and the Pecoys will be there!

Pigeon Forge sounds fun too! If we space the GG's out enough, maybe we can hit both. Or if they are close enough, we can leave one and go to the other. Oh the possibilities! OK, enough coffee for me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter