Gettysburg GG

So, us northerners would be canadian rednecks :)...lol

Canada.gif

:lmao:

We would love to go, but I just found out we are going to the Key's the week of Memorial Day. Boss wouldn't be to happy if I took off a week in June also. But it you do another trip to Pigeon Forge later in the summer we might be able to make that one.

How about the weekend of june 19& 20 or 26 & 27? Any recommendations on campgrounds?

June 19 for the end of school? Ouch. I thought the end of May was kinda late. I'll stop complaining (about that, anyway).

Right now the middle or end of June looks good, and I'd love the trip. Either Gettysburg or P.F., either of those would be about the same total drive time. 4-day round trip either way. :drive:

I vote for the last weekend in June. I need time to get there.

Hey, folks, I started the ball rolling on Gettysburg because it was mentioned to me at Epcot and it's close so would be fairly easy for me to work into my schedule. So, I started the Gettysburg GG thread, not the Pigeon Forge thread, not the Williamsburg thread. So I am driving on with planning a trip to Gettysburg in June most likely at Drummerboy. If it works out, great. The new camper is in the driveway set up for driveway camping to check for bugs. I plan on an early spring trip to the Delaware Water Gap for the shakedown cruise, then Gettysburg in June. I will be posting more as things progress.

Jim, YES! This IS the Gettysburg GG thread! :thumbsup2 I know I mentioned the other 2 places, and I am sorry if I started some trouble or confusion with it. :angel: But I am definitely on board with, and acknowledge the fact, that this IS the GG thread for GETTYSBURG and those dates that Amanda mentioned were indeed intended for the GG in GETTYSBURG! :goodvibes

Jim, YES! This IS the Gettysburg GG thread! :thumbsup2 I know I mentioned the other 2 places, and I am sorry if I started some trouble or confusion with it. :angel: But I am definitely on board with, and acknowledge the fact, that this IS the GG thread for GETTYSBURG and those dates that Amanda mentioned were indeed intended for the GG in GETTYSBURG! :goodvibes

Suck-up!

Hey, folks, I started the ball rolling on Gettysburg because it was mentioned to me at Epcot and it's close so would be fairly easy for me to work into my schedule. So, I started the Gettysburg GG thread, not the Pigeon Forge thread, not the Williamsburg thread. So I am driving on with planning a trip to Gettysburg in June most likely at Drummerboy. If it works out, great. The new camper is in the driveway set up for driveway camping to check for bugs. I plan on an early spring trip to the Delaware Water Gap for the shakedown cruise, then Gettysburg in June. I will be posting more as things progress.

Hi Jim :wave2: I'm good with Gettysburg...my husband has always wanted to to visit there.:thumbsup2 (and I saw some good outlet shopping when I was in that area a number of years ago..so I'm on board!:)) However, a question or two if you don't mind. I see the last weekend in June has been mentioned a couple of times. Is this a weekend, or a week long type of trip. :confused3 I only ask because June is tough for me..given my son is graduating the last Sunday of the month..but if folks are gonna be there for an entire week..then it's no big deal..we'll just join in on Monday the 28th. If it's a week long celebration..I would point out that the week of June 27th does bring us into to the Fourth of July weekend. Meaning that weekend traffic will be horrible..at least we're headed back to NY.:scared: Also don't know if the Gettysburg area itself will be pretty crowded. :confused:
The week of June 19th might be better suited as far as towing and traveling..but it's also Father's Day weekend. Some may have obligations closer to home that weekend. I know for us..again, we have my son's birthday as well, but if if folks plan to be there for the entire week..we would plan on joining you all on the 22nd.
Okay..that's my two cents...and yes, I know what that's worth. :laughing:

:cool1:
A special thanks for your effort----Just stay on topic---Gettysburg.

From Coach John to Coach Jim 'The coach may not always be right, but he is always the coach !!!!!!!

Coach Jim ; just do your thang or is it thing.
john

I always wondered what drummer boy was like and I love me some civil war (war of Northern aggression) stuff.

I always wondered what drummer boy was like and I love me some civil war (war of Northern aggression) stuff.

This will be fun,Yanks and Rebs on the battle field again.:thumbsup2 Can we bring beer?
Who fired first last time anyway? ( Ft. Sumpter ring a bell.)

:cool1:
A special thanks for your effort----Just stay on topic---Gettysburg.

From Coach John to Coach Jim 'The coach may not always be right, but he is always the coach !!!!!!!

Coach Jim ; just do your thang or is it thing.
john

Hey John, I got my new Outback at Tom Schaeffer's.

OOO, OOO, with all the "yanks and rebels" that could possibly be there, a possible GG activity could be a mini reenactment! LOL....

Phyllis, I would be willing to stay a week. It would be worth more of my traveling time to stay longer, and there is a lot to do around there. I wouldn't even mind staying through the 4th. Jim and I have discussed going to GB for the 4th several times. LOTS of happenings then. Plus you have Hersey Park not far from you, Amish country, etc.

Drummerboy was the campground we had looked at too. It seems to be a nice place. Thanks Jim for your organization!

Hey John, I got my new Outback at Tom Schaeffer's.

Ftwildernessguy AKA Jim----Congratulations from both of us, on your Schaeffer OUTBACK.

Don't let John fool you. I was the tire kicker on the 5th wheel at Schaeffer's.
I get credit for doing the deal, not my John Boy.
shirley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter