Gettysburg GG

Sorry, Rob. You'd better figure it out. You aren't allowed to bail on this.

Believe me, this has sparked more than one argument around here. DW is convinced that they have to do camp in June, because it's hotter in July. Well, they will still have to live through July weather at home, with the same temps as at camp. Go figure, but Momma has spoken.

The best I can do for G-burg is mid-July, unless I came alone. As it is I may be without DW. She may not be able to do it any time, since she is starting a new job at a just-opened hospital. I have a feeling that vacations will be few and far between for the staff, and we have managed to get a week to hit The World in April-May. I just want to be able to bring the kids rather than be by myself.

Like I said, don't get me started. I really want to be there. :headache:

would have gotten there faster but driven right through it due to the inability to stop.

Sheesh, I feel like I'm having coffee with my Dad. He still hasn't let me live down buying a Toyota. He almost disowned me when I bought the second one. While I am happy with the truck I have, there was this really, really slick Chevy 2500 crew cab with the D/A combination that I drooled over for about an hour. They only wanted $27k for that truck, but the price of diesel was over $4.50 per gallon at the time and it was not a 4WD. I think it only had around 65,000 miles on it as well.

Funny, reading this over before posting almost sounds like a "the one that got away" kind of story or reminiscing about a high school sweetheart :rotfl2:.

Believe me, this has sparked more than one argument around here. DW is convinced that they have to do camp in June, because it's hotter in July. Well, they will still have to live through July weather at home, with the same temps as at camp. Go figure, but Momma has spoken.

The best I can do for G-burg is mid-July, unless I came alone. As it is I may be without DW. She may not be able to do it any time, since she is starting a new job at a just-opened hospital. I have a feeling that vacations will be few and far between for the staff, and we have managed to get a week to hit The World in April-May. I just want to be able to bring the kids rather than be by myself.

Like I said, don't get me started. I really want to be there. :headache:

If Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy. But, maybe you could secretly sign the kids up for camp in July (let's face it, we all survived the summer months as kids playing baseball, going fishing and just plain old being kids), get Momma good and drunk, load 'em all up in the RV and head on out for the GG in Gettysburg and she would probably forgive you some day.

If not, well, then you've given her an easy target for frequent venting and unloading pent up aggression your way. Kind of a public service sort of thing, taking the pressure of her everyday mission to find something to be mad about and take away the guilt she might feel for only being able to get mad over a little thing. Nancy appreciates my efforts in this area, providing periodic good reasons for her to be livid. :rolleyes1

Well, take this free advice for what it's worth, and your mileage may vary.

Ummm :ssst: Dan..., let me preface this by saying that I mean it in the nicest way possible. :flower3:

Please..DON"T BECOME A MARRIAGE COUNSELOR! :eek:

:rotfl:

Has a date been set yet for the GG? Really looking forward to returning to Gettysburg again this summer & hoping it'll be at same time as the GG.

Ummm :ssst: Dan..., let me preface this by saying that I mean it in the nicest way possible. :flower3:

Please..DON"T BECOME A MARRIAGE COUNSELOR! :eek:

:rotfl:

Not much chance of that Phyllis! There is only one woman on this planet that would listen to me any more.

Sheesh, I feel like I'm having coffee with my Dad. He still hasn't let me live down buying a Toyota. He almost disowned me when I bought the second one. While I am happy with the truck I have, there was this really, really slick Chevy 2500 crew cab with the D/A combination that I drooled over for about an hour. They only wanted $27k for that truck, but the price of diesel was over $4.50 per gallon at the time and it was not a 4WD. I think it only had around 65,000 miles on it as well.

Funny, reading this over before posting almost sounds like a "the one that got away" kind of story or reminiscing about a high school sweetheart :rotfl2:.

The plant where they build the crew cab GM trucks is about 12 miles from my house, I have family that worked there and I grew up just outside of Pontiac where they used to make a LOT of vehicles. I understand why folks buy Toyota's, I have a few friends with them, but I just cant help but think I am hurting my neighbors by not buying GM (I have owned over 20 vehicles and besides one Pontiac and an Oldsmobile I have never owned anything but Chevys) thats just who I am. I am also spending much time lately trying to buy domestic as much as possible and local if at all possible.

Well, for some strange reason our kids have still not had a snow day this year, so we are still on track for June 10 being the last day of school. I think that may change this week with a storm predicted for tomorrow, but too early to tell.

Really looking forward to this GG. I figure that we won't get any dates around the 4th of July at this point, and father's day is June 20. Will that be a busy weekend?

In the past, we've tried to get to Vermont for the annual father's day hot air balloon festival in Quechee. Never made it though, usually bad weather or some other reason.

June 11 and 12 are out for us, as it is the annual American Cancer Society Relay for Life event locally and Justin will be walking with his grandfather again this year (If all goes as planned).

after tomorrow (which i know they wont go) my kids have missed 2 entire weeks of school. This doesn't count all the days they missed in dec. I'm not even sure where the school calender lies at this point, i gave up trying to keep track.

Holy cow Amanda, two weeks of school? That is unreal. Kids haven't had any snow days here this year.

Our kids did not have any snow days this year until this week.
Lost 3 days.
Only 1 more makeup day built into our calendar.

I think they should officially change the name of "Snow Days" to "Global Warming" Days.

bumping due to cabin fever

Double bump.

Anything I can do to help? We're still holding the third weekend in June for this. Do we have enough bail money set aside yet? Who is the dedicated person to sign us out in the morning when the magistrate shows up? Oh, don't forget, someone has to bring the extra shoelaces and belts. The police always tend to lose some of those just so they can get a laugh or two watching people with hangovers stumble to the door trying to hold their pants up.

Not that I would have any prior knowledge of this or nuthin:cool2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter