Hawaii COVID Testing

Any idea what time Walgreens posts their available appointments for the next three days for the POC test? All three days shown online (for the two POC locations within 60 miles of me) are already "sold out." Does anyone know what time of day I should be looking (when additional days/times are loaded)? Midnight?
I was just able to make an appt for 11/3 (at 11pm central time Friday night 10/30) on Walgreens site!

anyone able to successfully have their insurance cover this first by chance?
We booked ours at Walgreens and they have not charged us at all and then I went to their website and it said free Covid testing at Walgreens. Do you have a Walgreens near you?

Hopefully! They'll use the PCR test, which is good, but Hawaii will need to get them on their list of "Trusted Partners" and the CA Lab would also need to turn the tests around pretty quick! Knowing CA, they'll get the results back to you after your two week quarantine in Hawaii.
I actually had to get a test done earlier this summer after a possible exposure. I went to Kaiser (my dad works there so even though I’m no longer a member, I was able to get a test), but my friend just went to the regular CA one. We both got results in under 24 hrs!

I’m going to Maui in December (need a recharge), so will need to get another one. Will prob go ahead and pay at CVS or Walgreens, but also get it at Kaiser, as a backup (that just is more inconvenient to get the results).

We booked ours at Walgreens and they have not charged us at all and then I went to their website and it said free Covid testing at Walgreens. Do you have a Walgreens near you?
Did they ask for your insurance card or information?

Are any of the trusted partners doing non nasal swab tests? Not sure if we want our 8 year old getting one of those.

Are any of the trusted partners doing non nasal swab tests? Not sure if we want our 8 year old getting one of those.
I believe that the Walgreens test is a mid-nasal one, not the dreaded brain biopsy one.
Vault is definitely a saliva test.

Vault looks great - is there a catch? Why would anyone want to wait in line at Walgreens/cvs?
Because I have to change planes/have a layover, I can't take my test until after 2 pm my time. I'm a bit stressed that it won't make it to the lab & get results in time if I only do the Vault test, so planning on Walgreens as a back-up option, hoping that one of the two will get done in enough time.

Just went to our Walgreens and did the test we were in and out in 10 minutes with an appointment. It was the POC test and didn’t have to go too far in your nose. They did not ask for our insurance cards and/or money. (1115 am central time) we will hear back in around 24 hrs. So it was FREE

Last edited:
Just went to our Walgreens and did the test we were in and out in 10 minutes with an appointment. It was the POC test and didn’t have to go too far in your nose. They did not ask for our insurance cards and/or money. (1115 am central time) we will hear back in around 24 hrs.
Can you book appointments for multiple people at the same time or do you have to do it individually. I need 4 appointments and would like the appointments at the same time slot.
Also, if I recall, you are from NTX area, correct? Do you mind sharing which Walgreens located you picked for the POC test?

Can you book appointments for multiple people at the same time or do you have to do it individually. I need 4 appointments and would like the appointments at the same time slot.
Also, if I recall, you are from NTX area, correct? Do you mind sharing which Walgreens located you picked for the POC test?
We did same time but individual appointments needed and just got test back at 12:33 pm central time!
We live near DFW tested in Irving on Beltline.

Tested at the Walgreens in Irving Texas did the POC test the results were back in one hour and 10 minutes. It was FREE too

address: 1330 n belt line rd
Thanks. That is the closest to us about 20 miles from my place. Nice to know that you had a good experience there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter