• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hawaii COVID Testing

ugh so jealous there are no POC tests in CA for walgreens......

Not sure where you are in CA. I am near Sacramento and I noticed that a Walgreens in Reno has the POC test. I might drive there for it. Not sure if this will help you or not.

Not sure where you are in CA. I am near Sacramento and I noticed that a Walgreens in Reno has the POC test. I might drive there for it. Not sure if this will help you or not.
Thank you so much for letting me know - but sadly we are in Orange County :( - hope it works out for you!

Has anyone gone and if so where does it say we are approved on the QR code?? It’s all saying NA on the quarantine and exempt portion?? I thought some place people mentioned it shows you are exempt from quarantine?

Has anyone gone and if so where does it say we are approved on the QR code?? It’s all saying NA on the quarantine and exempt portion?? I thought some place people mentioned it shows you are exempt from quarantine?
Did you download the pdf for the test and try uploading on the website 24 hours prior to travel?

Out of curiosity, is the PDF you receive from the testing facility only 1 page? Reason I ask is because on the Safe Travels Hawaii page, it says to only upload the first page, but if the PDF I get from the facility is 4 pages, are you supposed to go mucking around with it to get it to one page? I guarantee that if I were doing that, it wouldn't process correctly :P

Out of curiosity, is the PDF you receive from the testing facility only 1 page? Reason I ask is because on the Safe Travels Hawaii page, it says to only upload the first page, but if the PDF I get from the facility is 4 pages, are you supposed to go mucking around with it to get it to one page? I guarantee that if I were doing that, it wouldn't process correctly :P

I read on Trip Advisor someone else had this problem and ended up calling since their results were on page 2. Following all of this closely since we are thinking of booking for January.

Mine was only one page so not sure what to tell you.

Mine was only one page so not sure what to tell you.
I'm sure you have planned to bring a paper copy as back-up, so I expect everything will go well.

Thank you for sharing all of your planning/info so far- it has been so helpful for me who will be there in a little more than a month. I wish you safe travels and look forward to hearing about your experiences!

I thought I would share our experience with CVS. We scheduled our test this past Wednesday at 2:40pm and 2:50pm. Very easy process at the drive through window. The negative test results arrived today on Friday at 8:30am. So a bit under 2 days. Glad to have the hurdle behind us! Looking forward to arriving on Saturday!

Landed and with correct QR code through in 5 minutes. hertz is another story!!! Really long line!! Update: if you are Gold Hertz or higher there’s a separate line inside (go into the National door.)

Last edited:
Still waiting for Hawaiian Airlines to open their drive thru COVID test sight. We don’t fly out until January, but am thinking about other options should it not be operational by then in Los Angeles. Walgreens does not offer the specific test we need in CA. CVS does not guarantee results by 72 hours. Hawaiian Airlines offers a mail in test that does guarantee results, which I believe you’re instructed to drop off no later than a specific time at The UPS Store. $143 each. We might end up going that route.

Still waiting for Hawaiian Airlines to open their drive thru COVID test sight. We don’t fly out until January, but am thinking about other options should it not be operational by then in Los Angeles. Walgreens does not offer the specific test we need in CA. CVS does not guarantee results by 72 hours. Hawaiian Airlines offers a mail in test that does guarantee results, which I believe you’re instructed to drop off no later than a specific time at The UPS Store. $143 each. We might end up going that route.
We are in Orange County CA leaving on 11/24 I am also thinking of going the vault route as well as the experiences for everything else seem to be all over the place - I plan to order ours next Saturday (holding on hope that Hawaiian airlines opens up the drive thru ha) I will report back our experience!! (My husband and I are starting to limit our interactions with others now and staying home aside from work as we have to test in two weeks!!)

Still curious why more of you guys aren’t doing Vault- is there something about it that’s sketchy? It seems like absolutely the easiest option. Not free but considering the headaches of scheduling at Walgreens/cvs...why aren’t people on this board doing it?

For our trip next month that’s the plan.

We are in Orange County CA leaving on 11/24 I am also thinking of going the vault route as well as the experiences for everything else seem to be all over the place - I plan to order ours next Saturday (holding on hope that Hawaiian airlines opens up the drive thru ha) I will report back our experience!! (My husband and I are starting to limit our interactions with others now and staying home aside from work as we have to test in two weeks!!)
Yes, please report back!

Still curious why more of you guys aren’t doing Vault- is there something about it that’s sketchy? It seems like absolutely the easiest option. Not free but considering the headaches of scheduling at Walgreens/cvs...why aren’t people on this board doing it?

For our trip next month that’s the plan.
No, nothing sketchy. My concerns are not being able to get a technician at the required time to watch me do the test, and then having to rely on UPS to deliver it. But Hawaiian Airlines is basically guaranteeing the process, so I’m sure it won’t be a problem.

We thought Vault was the way to go, but I had an interesting conversation at my local UPS store. I ask them when was the latest I could bring in my test fir overnight shipping. The clerk looked panicked and brought the manager to the counter. Both said they would refuse the test in their store and I would need to find somewhere else to ship it. Vault told me that there was no indication on the packaging that it was a covid test. I live in a small town and the closest big city is a two hour drive. We decided to go to Seattle the day before and get the one that Alaska sponsors, plus Walgreens just in case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter