• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

If you could ask Yavn one question what would it be??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome QA_SuzyQT! i am sorry you have all the questions being thrown at you, but you will love it here.

thank you Yavn for doing what you can and bringing Suzy here!

:cheer2:

I'd like to post a question and a suggestion....

*Will we ever get items in more colors? (specifically orange) There are so many blues and greens and purples around...but not so much orange. Some of us love the color :)

I'd like to suggest villain costumes for Halloween. I would love nothing more than to walk around during October dressed as the Evil Queen. Villains are hugely popular, but often aren't given a chance to be represented well in the game.

Thank you for taking time out to read our thoughts :thumbsup2

QA_SuzyQT said:
I am working on the first set of questions right now and hope to be able to post them soon.

Welcome and thank you for taking the time to answer the questions that you are able to. :)

I know everyone here will be very grateful for your efforts. :thanks:

Lori

1. Originally Posted by Bugdozer
Hi, What is the proper way to send a positive comment about a staff member who has been very helpful to you. Everyone is always quick to complian but never to say a job well done . Is there a way to let thier bosses know how great they are doing also if you need a staff member for a reason how do you find them-I had a staff tell me if I ever needed them to come find them-how do I find them?
You can use the Contact Us to send any positive comments concerning the staff in the game, just the same you would if you had an issue. The recognition will get to the right person. If you need to find a staff member in the game, the best thing to do is Call for Help. This will get you to a staff member the fastest.

2. Originally Posted by TLinden16
Hello, Yavn, and Welcome to the DIS! Thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions.

Will the person who comes in first in fireworks ever get more credits than the people who come in behind them and hit the 240,000? I always wondered why the person who comes in first doesn't get the top prize.
Don't have an answer for this one just yet, but it is still on my list to find out and let you know.

3. Originally Posted by Kerlynne
HI! Is there a limit to how many furnishings we can hold as well as any other items, like clothes. I wish there was NOT a limit to pin holding.
Yes there is a limit, but I don't remember what it is. Yes more pins would be great!

4. Originally Posted by birdman94
when will ticmp and pirate detector magic come out
As Yavn mentioned before we really can't give exact release dates on when items will be available.

5. Originally Posted by AmberDaze
OK, here's a good one. How about making it easier for us to buy multiple items in the stores? Right now if you know you are going to need many of one item, you have to buy them one at a time. Very, very time consuming. It would be great if we could either put in the number of items we wish to buy, or buy in multiples of 10, 20, etc...And thank you so much for taking the time to visit and answer our many questions!
Something else we would like to do also.

6. Originally Posted by VMK_KrazyLuke
Something I have been wondering is when are the Seagull Lights going to be released and if you can say.. How will they be released?

Stay tuned....

Also: What are the flags that we saw in the HOST_ room going to be used for? We know they are staff only but can you say what their purpose is?
As noted in the newsletter, the flags will be used in the judging of the slide competition to tell the teams that their slides have been judged.

7. Originally Posted by aengus
HAHA so much for the creator story we have all heard huh?

ooo ooo I got a couple more.

Green car quest. will the restrictions ever be relaxed as in the fireworks score?
The driving magic quest has 3 levels and the requirements for score in fireworks are related to the difficulty.

will green flips ever be buyable or obtainable in any way other than trading 15 infernos for them?
Green flips are a staff only item and will not be sold.

What will happen to our quest cards that expire on sept 30th. Do the codes still work after that?
It is always best to input your cards soon after you earn them.

how about badges? are they pretty much done with what we have (day 1, cl , vip, born in park)
We will have more badges, but I can't give any specifics right now.

Jack sparrow costume, we got bits & pieces about how it would teach us patience (LOL they dont know us DIS'ers!) but could you elaborate? will the odds of winning it ever improve?
Our intention was to keep the Jack Sparrow costume rare and so there are no plans to make winning it more common.

8. Originally Posted by dancegrl1093
Mr. Yavn, thank you for answering all our questions so far, and welcome to the dis!

i have a question, but i'm not sure if you're allowed to answer it:

after tron, magic carpet, and treasure detector, what new costumes and magic will we be seeing? (i'd like to see another long dress like the princess dresses, i also love all those hats- especially the 4th of july one!)
Sorry, we can't give any details on this at this time.

for staff games, will you ever look into opening more than one room at a time? i'm just wondering because it's always so hard to get into these rooms!
We are always looking into ways to allow more guests to play the hosted games.

9. Originally Posted by SurfingGirl
If they do consider rides by VMK staff will we be able to change the view for example on Roller Coaster Tycoon their is coaster view where it looks like your own the ride.
Interesting idea for the future!

Also I am having a bug in my account that for quest when I say the right answer outloud nothing happends. This only happends for the Tomorrowland quest ,and the HSM quest.
Please submitt your bug to the IOT and someone will help you try and figure out what is happening.

10. Originally Posted by Cpt.JackSpearow
In beta there were some certain items that are now very rare.
Which items will come back?
Will there be a new series of rare items?
Yes, there will be a new series of rare items. Sorry we can't give any specifics right now.

Working on more now!

Hi and welcome to Dis! Thanks for taking time in your busy schedules to answer questions for us :).

My question is : Since they changed the pirates game, were the Tomorrowland quests updated to reflect the new scores from the new pirates game? As a CL, I have had several people come to me for help because they are doing a quest and win pirates, but quest does not recognize it.

I also have a suggestion. I wish we were able to folllow our friends into the Shark Reef room from our friend list. I have been in the same room with friends, and we all exited to shark reef and ended up in different rooms. That room is so much fun, it seems a shame to waste it by not being able to spend time there with friends.

Thanks,
CL_Jazzymine :)

I've been reading this thread for quite a while and I haven't posted anything yet. Probably because I haven't thought of anything :). Anyway, here are a few more questions.

1. What exactly prompted staff to choose the color green as their color? It seems to me that colors like yellow, pink, or orange would stand out more in a room, making them more easily seen by players.

2. Will staff ever pick a different color or are they always going to wear green?

3. I noticed that quite a few common Disney characters that you see all the time in the park are nowhere to be found (Winnie the Pooh and others in the series, Chip and Dale, Pluto, Minnie Mouse, Daisy Duck, and many others that I can't think of right now) either in clothing or anywhere in VMK. Will these characters or clothing of these characters ever be introduced into VMK? Even if it was something small like Donald on Main Street. Or maybe Disney characters that wander around the park and interact with players, much like Push? All these small things might help VMK feel a little bit more like the Disney Parks.

As many others have stated before, thank you for taking the time to answer our many questions :) and welcome to the DIS!

Yavn said:
In order to help answer more questions I've asked QA_SuzyQT to post and reply to your many questions. I know there are lots of very good questions and I do not have as much time to answer all of them.

Thanks,
Yavn

Thank you Yavn for introducing SuzyQT. We hope you still take the time, when you can to POP in and say HI! :wave2:

QA_SuzyQT said:
I am working on the first set of questions right now and hope to be able to post them soon.

WELCOME to the DIS!!! SuzyQT!!!!

we are so happy to finally meet you!

I really loved the tiki room. It was like the coolest room I've ever owned. Is their any way we are going to get our favorite room back?

Welcome to Dis SuzyQT and thanks for answering questions for us curious DIS folks...

I want to second the request for more orange items... I would love to have orange flips that match the other orange clothing too

I love the new sorted inventory- one of the best improvements in a long time.

I'm a mom like many others here- and have two young children that play VMK and one big one (my dh lol) - we all like to play the game together- and my older child has tried some of the games and things- but has a really difficult time with some of the timed quests because it takes her longer to read and then she has to figure out the answers as well. Just wondering if in the future some of the quests can be done for the younger kids- with neat prizes but easier to do?

Also- I have a big problem with the dictionary- it isn't the limitations of words we can't say- but some of the wrong things we can say. There are words in the vmk dictionary that aren't anywhere near words- and only teach the kids incorrect spellings and grammar. My biggest pet peeve is "wronger" I find there is nothing more wrong than the word wronger- except maybe the most wrong word.. wrongest.

Thanks- and keep up the good work some of the improvements have really been great- and I always look forward to new ones.

Thank you for coming here to answer our questions!

This is a question along with an idea.

Will we be able to walk around VMK carrying a balloon?

You could add it to a t-shirt, like the cheerleader shirt has pom poms that you hold. You could set it up so if you buy a mickey shirt it comes with a mickey balloon that is tied to your wrist. A tinkerbell shirt with a tinkerbell balloon and a pirate shirt with a pirate balloon, something like that.

thanks,

Fly

Oh and what is the limit on the number of pins you can have? I want to know how many more I need.....

Why does DLR have so many more exclusive items than WDW?

They got pirate quest way before WDW
They got the new quest pins way before WDW ever got them
They got gold doors
They got Animators Desk
They got the Stitch Hat

I can't think of anything that WDW got first. Methinks it is a little one sided.

LisaInNc said:
Why does DLR have so many more exclusive items than WDW?

They got pirate quest way before WDW
They got the new quest pins way before WDW ever got them
They got gold doors
They got Animators Desk
They got the Stitch Hat

I can't think of anything that WDW got first. Methinks it is a little one sided.

I think I want to venture an answer for this one without waiting for the
VMK folk to chime in. My thoughts:

DLR needs more tourism attention than WDW, so they put the "weenies"
(the term Walt used to describe how the Castle would draw people in close
to the hub, or any other thing that draws the eye and attention to a
location) for VMK in DLR more.

Did it work? I would think so. More people probably booked online due to
the Stitch hat uproar than they would have otherwise. VMK might have
played a huge part in that.

WDW doesn't really need as many bells and whistles because it's a huge
draw in its own right. VMK is just a little bit of an incentive by comparison,
I would think.

But that's just my .02. Would I want more stuff at WDW? Sure! I take
more trips there than anywhere else. Would I want DLR to have a DVC
resort built there? No question! I would take more trips to DLR if they
built DVC there.

I would love to see how tourism levels increased, but last summer's 50th
celebration kickoff might have skewed the numbers higher.

Egad, I digressed. VMK = Tourism dollars. There you go. ;)

WDW also has exculsives.

But my guess would be that this year is DL 50th and that is why all the attention is on DL not WDW this year, not to mention all of what BR said.

Missed that someone else had picked up the ball. Helps if you read through all the junk to get to the meat of the situation.

The DC problem is getting worse and worse, as I'm sure you've noticed. It truly is taking away the fun and magic of the game. I'm also finding myself stuck between rooms on a regular basis. I hope this is being worked on. :)

I do have a question about the process in designing new items. How do you decide on new things? Do the designers/progammers visit the park for inspiration?

My other question is about "rare". What exactly is the reason there should be rare items, other than park quest items? It seems to foster a lot of heartache and greed in the game in my opinion. I totally understand about quest only items as incentive to visit parks, but I don't understand about one day only items or the most recent source of frustration the Jack Sparrow Costume. Thank you for your time.

HI! I love to build rides in my rooms. Will it ever be possible to create bridges? During the everest ride-a- thon it seemed like one host room did manage to make the tracks go under another part of the ride and someone in the room exclaimed about there being a bridge. It would be wonderful to be able to do the same.

Also.... flowers! plz add flowers ( i.e. vases ,arrangements, bushes, etc) to the purchase options.

AAAAnd it was fun to celebrate vmk's birthday... and since we enter a birth date on registration...... um how about a birthday cake in our inventory as a surprise on our birthdays?

i know that's a long shot... but it would still be fun to have and we can stop eatting eggs and drinking.... beer? :confused3 lol

btw... thanks for answering our questions... i can imagine it must take a big chunk of your time. :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter